Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    yeah, we've never been attacked on our own soil before. much less embassies.
    Sounds like we need to do something on our own soil to prevent it from happening. That way, we can protect from foreign attacks of any country and domestic. None of the people we hit with drones attacked us and as far as I know that crappy Tom Cruise movie about predicting the future, is still in the sci-fi section.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Does 9/11 that not count as an attack on our land?
    No, those people are dead. The people we kill now had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Sounds like we need to do something on our own soil to prevent it from happening. That way, we can protect from foreign attacks of any country and domestic. None of the people we hit with drones attacked us and as far as I know that crappy Tom Cruise movie about predicting the future, is still in the sci-fi section.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 12:27 AM ----------

they just belong to the organization that planned & carried it out is all. maybe they just joined for the cool jackets?

they just belong to the organization that planned & carried it out is all. maybe they just joined for the cool jackets?
    After nearly 10 years of us having 2 wars in neighboring countries, drones bombing their neighbors, their growing or sustaining numbers, do not need the motivation of a cool jacket.

It amazes me how the vast majority of people can't grasp the concept WAR is Hell.

Innocents will die, civilians will die, non combatants will die, all in the hopes of preserving a longer lasting piece.

Not to sound callous but war is like making a omelet, you are going to break a few eggs.

I am going to link this video one more time. It's really a well made video. I'd like some feedback on it please.

After nearly 10 years of us having 2 wars in neighboring countries, drones bombing their neighbors, their growing or sustaining numbers, do not need the motivation of a cool jacket.
    that happened after we were attacked.
    i thought they were just minding their own business & had no plans to attack americans though?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    It amazes me how the vast majority of people can't grasp the concept WAR is Hell.

Innocents will die, civilians will die, non combatants will die, all in the hopes of preserving a longer lasting piece.

Not to sound callous but war is like making a omelet, you are going to break a few eggs.
    Isn't that reason enouph to not have war? Isn't 'war for peace' an oxymoron?

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 12:37 AM ----------

that happened after we were attacked.
    i thought they were just minding their own business & had no plans to attack americans though?
    Why did you think that? Have you seen Rambo 3?

My point was that we have been attack on our own soil, contrary to Darenyon's post. I wasn't commenting on the persecution of those that carried out the attack, just that it has happened.

George Carlin says hi.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-09-29 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Samuel L. Jackson To Voters: 'Wake The up and vote for Obama

I gotta say I kinda agree with the message.
    That was epic, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    My point was that we have been attack on our own soil, contrary to Darenyon's post. I wasn't commenting on the persecution of those that carried out the attack, just that it has happened.

George Carlin says hi.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."
    that was my point, i was being facetious. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Republicans pull a video from 1998, where Obama endorses the system of equal opportunity, which is already put into place, which to an extent is working, and this is supposed to be newsworthy? Talk about grasping at straws...
    Naturally, when the Democrats pull 15 year old Romney videos (or, hell, even two year old video) in which he actually directly and obvious contradicts his current stances, they are accused of demagoguing.

that was my point, i was being facetious. sorry.
    My apologies, I should have gotten that from the inclusion of "embassies".

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Naturally, when the Democrats pull 15 year old Romney videos (or, hell, even two year old video) in which he actually directly and obvious contradicts his current stances, they are accused of demagoguing.
    Or hell, from May......

Why did you think that? Have you seen Rambo 3?
    thats what you implied. and we wouldnt have had a war if we werent attacked. you act like we woke up one day and decided "hey its be fun to start some wars, civilians are double points!"

Or hell, from May......
    Or from 3 hours ago.

Yeah.

thats what you implied. and we wouldnt have had a war if we werent attacked. you act like we woke up one day and decided "hey its be fun to start some wars, civilians are double points!"
    No, I didn't imply anything about what lead to the wars. Rambo 3 shows a part of where that comes from in a very entertaining way.

We could ask some the Al Qaeda's leadership.

Just gotta find any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

No, I didn't imply anything about what lead to the wars. Rambo 3 shows a part of where that comes from in a very entertaining way.
    i havent seen it, sorry. and while i agree that it would be nice if we could just ignore the terrorists, thats already been proven a disastrous strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    We could ask some the Al Qaeda's leadership.

Just gotta find any of them.
    As soon as they figure out to not appoint any new leadership, we are screwed. Who do we kill!?

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 12:58 AM ----------

i havent seen it, sorry. and while i agree that it would be nice if we could just ignore the terrorists, thats already been proven a disastrous strategy.
    No it hasn't. When was the last decade we did not either finance or participate in a war in middle east? In order to see how such a strategy is disastrous, we'd have to try it first.