Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It was PPV -- only $4.95 and half the proceeds going to charity. Hate to see that pirated given the charitable cause.
    I have no american currency you see, that is why i had to pirate it...

*cough*

Anyway - thought it was hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Anyway - thought it was hilarious...
    Here is the thing. The debate was informative, yet entertaining. Full of information but still lighthearted. And even through the jabs it was clear the two men respected each other.

Why oh why oh why can't our ACTUAL presidential debates be more like this? Frankly I think there was more substance in the comic debate than the real one!

EDIT -- and who wouldn't want to see Obama jumping into Romney's lap or vice-versa?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Here is the thing. The debate was informative, yet entertaining. Full of information but still lighthearted. And even through the jabs it was clear the two men respected each other.

Why oh why oh why can't our ACTUAL presidential debates be more like this? Frankly I think there was more substance in the comic debate than the real one!

EDIT -- and who wouldn't want to see Obama jumping into Romney's lap or vice-versa?!?
    Check this one out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9qB_BIjWY

1992 Presidential Debate with George HW Bush, Bill Clinton & Ross Perot. Yep, that's 3...

This is sad. I am seeing polls of Mitt actually getting a bump. I know polls will go up and down all election month. I just cant wait for Biden to take on Paul Ryan. I know Biden is going to be aggressive. Paul is a good debater also.

Obama is still outperforming most of his August numbers.

The news cycle is going to over dramatize Romney's improvements because a close race is a better story.

Fluffy Kitten
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is sad. I am seeing polls of Mitt actually getting a bump. I know polls will go up and down all election month. I just cant wait for Biden to take on Paul Ryan. I know Biden is going to be aggressive. Paul is a good debater also.
    I think a good deal of people, from both sides, are just waiting to see how big of a fool of himself Biden is going to make. At this point, he's practically on Sara Palin level in terms of credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I just cant wait for Biden to take on Paul Ryan.
    Yes, you can. You're not going to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I think a good deal of people, from both sides, are just waiting to see how big of a fool of himself Biden is going to make. At this point, he's practically on Sara Palin level in terms of credibility.
    Yeah what with those decades of public service they both have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm not sure what serving for a long time has to do with credibility. There's some very long serving Senators and Representatives that are demonstrably ignorant of the world around them. James Inhofe comes to mind.

It matters when you're trying to draw a comparison. If you've been in office for, what, 22 years you are going to have a great deal more knowledge and ability than someone who has never held a position of any significance.

Also Ohio's election system is still all kinds of fucked up and early voting has started.

Fluffy Kitten
    Experience doesn't have an inverse relationship with stupidity and ability to put one's foot in one's mouth.

It matters when you're trying to draw a comparison. If you've been in office for, what, 22 years you are going to have a great deal more knowledge and ability than someone who has never held a position of any significance.
    I don't think this is universally true. I'm more fit for office than Inhofe, particularly given the committees he's on, starting tomorrow. I don't think this is really even close, and I've never served in government at all. There are remarkably stupid people that hold office for extended periods thanks to their remarkably stupid constituents. Time in office isn't a proxy for actual credibility and knowledge.

Experience doesn't have an inverse relationship with stupidity and ability to put one's foot in one's mouth.
    If you want to imply that experience doesn't very strongly correlate with ability?

And no one is arguing that Biden can't say stupid shit. But to compare him to Palin is pretty silly.

And no one is arguing that Biden can't say stupid shit. But to compare him to Palin is pretty silly.
    I don't think this has anything to do with experience. I think it's a result of Biden having an IQ well above that of the typical turnip, which is a characteristic that sets him apart from Palin.

Experience is an advantage, as a general rule. It's not actually something that will make someone that's brutally and deliberately ignorant into a competent individual.

Fluffy Kitten
    If you want to imply that experience doesn't very strongly correlate with ability?

In terms of foot in mouth moments? I'd say that he is close. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Palin, but the media would be all over Biden if he were a Republican. Whatever credibility the man may have had from his years in Congress, he has more than spent over the past four years.

RE: Inhofe, I don't think he's stupid. He knows his business very well. Its just awful business.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 01:22 AM ----------

In terms of foot in mouth moments? I'd say that he is close. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Palin, but the media would be all over Biden if he were a Republican. Whatever credibility the man may have had from his years in Congress, he has more than spent over the past four years.
    You mean aside from the massive media empire that makes fun of him at every moment?

RE: Inhofe, I don't think he's stupid. He knows his business very well. Its just awful business.
    We disagree. That's fine though. I suppose intelligence wasn't where this started, it was credibility. Inhofe's in his 18th year, and there's not a single person in Congress with less credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Inhofe's in his 18th year, and there's not a single person in Congress with less credibility.
    Maybe... Bachmann?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

Fluffy Kitten
    You mean aside from the massive media empire that makes fun of him at every moment?
    You're really going to compare Fox News bashing Biden with the wide ranged smear campaign that was run against, and admittedly unqualified, Sarah Palin?

How does one objectively measure political credibility? Honest question. I mean we know when someone has it, or at least has less of it. It seems like a measurement that's impossible to separate from personal bias.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 01:26 AM ----------

You're really going to compare Fox News bashing Biden with the wide ranged smear campaign that was run against, and admittedly unqualified, Sarah Palin?
    The McCain campaign put her out front and center and in everyone's view. You're wondering why she got more attention then than the guy the Obama campaign keeps largely quiet?