Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I think it's about time you and I start doing some case studies and figure this fucker out.
    I'm out on the east coast now. Philly cheesesteaks are meh. Good but not great, even from the two warring legends.

You mean you have a point?
    Right, have a nice night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I think it's about time you and I start doing some case studies and figure this fucker out.
    I think it's the sticks. Yeah. Pretty sure if you fry something with a stick in it, it's not unhealthy.

That's my story. Sticking to it. (see what I did?)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I think it's the sticks. Yeah. Pretty sure if you fry something with a stick in it, it's not unhealthy.

That's my story. Sticking to it. (see what I did?)
    So you are saying the deep fried pasta is healthy if it is on a stick? I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So you are saying the deep fried pasta is healthy if it is on a stick? I'm intrigued.
    I said, that's my story. Sticking to it!

I said, that's my story. Sticking to it!
    Excellent.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 03:42 AM ----------

Sorry for the double post, but I guess the hair really does make the man

Last edited by obdigore; 2012-10-12 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Excellent.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 03:42 AM ----------

Sorry for the double post, but I guess the hair really does make the man

I'm going to have nightmares about that Paul Ryan picture when I go to sleep.

Biden looks weirdly like Reagan in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Biden looks weirdly like Reagan in that picture.
    He does, now that you mention it. He needs to lose a little weight in the cheeks though. Ryan looks like a Grand Vizier as described by Terry Pratchett in 'Interesting Times'. It might be because I just read it again, but w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    accomplished in the Obama sense, I'm sure.

By that I mean touted and claimed, but actually not.
    Grokan seems more independent to me. At the least, whichever side he is on, he's completely capable of owning up to the flaws of his own side. That's a good thing.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Grokan seems more independent to me. At the least, whichever side he is on, he's completely capable of owning up to the flaws of his own side. That's a good thing.
    You seem very conservative. I seem very liberal. Grokan does seem much more towards the middle than anyone else that posts regularly in the political threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Posting this for someone in this thread. I forgot the name.

[video snip[/video]
    I support this video so much. While unrealistic, their example of Mexico sending drones over LA and our subsequent rage is spot on. Drone strikes make me sick.

Edit: Wow sorry, I realized this was from 33 pages ago.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-10-12 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I support this video so much. While unrealistic, their example of Mexico sending drones over LA and our subsequent rage is spot on. Drone strikes make me sick.

Edit: Wow sorry, I realized this was from 33 pages ago.
    What's the difference between drone strikes and sending in manned airplanes though? I'm with you on being against the actions, but why is it specific to drones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What's the difference between drone strikes and sending in manned airplanes though? I'm with you on being against the actions, but why is it specific to drones?
    I was indeed actually referring to the actions, not the drones themselves. In other words, no difference. I want to end the ever escalating death toll. What we're gaining for what's being lost isn't equal or morally acceptable in my opinion.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-10-12 at 11:56 AM.

Ryan got up there and tried to spout those BS talking points and Biden drilled him. Hopefully President Obama grows a pair of balls and does the same to Romney. Someone needs to call Romney on his BS.

Biden expressed the frustration Democrats have felt with Republicans playing loose with the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Ryan got up there and tried to spout those BS talking points and Biden drilled him. Hopefully President Obama grows a pair of balls and does the same to Romney. Someone needs to call Romney on his BS.

Biden expressed the frustration Democrats have felt with Republicans playing loose with the facts.
    Here's why that's a bad idea.

The only people that will appeal to is Democrats. Democrats are decided voters. In an election, nobody cares about decided voters. Know why? Because you've already decided who you're voting for. You no longer matter.

Who they want to appeal to is undecided voters. Undecided voters look at that sort of aggressiveness and go "How rude! I'm not sure I want to vote for that ruffian." So as a candidate, incumbent or otherwise, you want to restrain yourself enough to appear civil. Obama did a good job of this. Polls showed that undecided voters thought that both Obama and Romney were respectful towards one another. Initial polls are starting to show, however, that undecided voters were put off by Biden openly laughing at his opponent and constantly interrupting him.

Deleted
    "Romney extends lead over Obama: Reuters/Ipsos poll" (47% to 44%)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8991FR20121011

How?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    "Romney extends lead over Obama: Reuters/Ipsos poll" (47% to 44%)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8991FR20121011

How?
    Want em to post a poll on MMO champ and get a bunch of liberals to vote for Obama and then a make a huge headline about it? A ONLINE poll of 1,092 people. They posted a poll on their website and random people clicked a answer.

All that matters is Ohio, Florida, and the other swing state polls. Ohio is blue collar and they cannot stand a bull shitter and Joe Biden called Ryan on a lot of it.

Making Medicare into a voucher program and trying to privatize social security is politic suicide. Expect a CRAP TON of social security ads from Dems thanks to Ryan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Want em to post a poll on MMO champ and get a bunch of liberals to vote for Obama and then a make a huge headline about it? A ONLINE poll of 1,092 people. They posted a poll on their website and random people clicked a answer.
    I can guarantee that it wasn't a poll posted on their website. Online polls are usually done through e-mail to people of specific demographics representative of the population.

Also Romney leads RCP average 47.1 to 46.4. Rasmussen has Obama +1 by the way, I don't think there's a conspiracy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace
    All that matters is Ohio, Florida, and the other swing state polls.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Polls showed that undecided voters thought that both Obama and Romney were respectful towards one another. Initial polls are starting to show, however, that undecided voters were put off by Biden openly laughing at his opponent and constantly interrupting him.
    Motivating the base is a thing too. Biden did a good job of that. Great job, actually.

I got into a little fight with my roommate (a Republican... grrr) over one thing Ryan said. Basically as soon as he said it, I said, "Oh for fuck's sake..." just as Biden was laughing. Then I nodded at the TV for a second before getting into it with my roommate. (The issue wasn't important. Everything Ryan said on it was technically true, but the way he stated it was so clearly distorted I couldn't let it stand.)