1. #10461
    Some of the conservative personalities are actually blaming the moderator on twitter right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  2. #10462
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The 50 million dollar question: Will conservative pundits be as honest as the liberal pundits, and admit that Biden won this debate?
    I think some will, but then say it's the VP debate and it doesn't matter

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Some of the conservative personalities are actually blaming the moderator on twitter right now.
    They attacked her before the debate too.

  3. #10463
    That is a hell of a question on abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  4. #10464
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The 50 million dollar question: Will conservative pundits be as honest as the liberal pundits, and admit that Biden won this debate?
    Even New York Times has been saying Romney won the first debate.

    I hope other news sources have that much class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  5. #10465
    Ryan saying you can't separate faith from public life.

    So is mormonism fair game now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  6. #10466
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Ryan saying you can't separate faith from public life.

    So is mormonism fair game now?
    Ryan backtracking on exceptions. Cute.

    And making some weird 1st amendment argument....

    And Biden retorts with the correct argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  7. #10467
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Listening to the debate, sounds like Biden is doing better. Ryan is dodging too many questions.

  8. #10468
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So is mormonism fair game now?
    It should have been the whole fucking time. That the media has treated it with kid gloves is the clearest example of media pro-religion bias in politics that I've seen in awhile. Someone should absolutely be asking Romney what his beliefs are.

  9. #10469
    That is a fantastic answer on abortion from Biden and a great turn around. "I believe that life begins at conception but I don't believe I have any right to place that position on others". Turns around GOP rhetoric on that and should play well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  10. #10470
    My god that condescending smirk on Ryan's face is annoying.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  11. #10471
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    My god that condescending smirk on Ryan's face is annoying.
    Biden laughing and interrupting is kinda annoying too.

  12. #10472
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That is a fantastic answer on abortion from Biden and a great turn around. "I believe that life begins at conception but I don't believe I have any right to place that position on others". Turns around GOP rhetoric on that and should play well.
    Ryan's response is completely terrible.

    Stupid moderator should have let him keep digging his own hole rather than interrupting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  13. #10473
    Well, Ryan just very clearly spelled out why I couldn't possibly vote for a Republican ticket as the party is presently constituted. Their position on abortion is both incoherent and patently evil, in my opinion.

    Excellent work by Biden articulating that so clearly.

  14. #10474
    They should send Biden to the next Presidential debate

  15. #10475
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The 50 million dollar question: Will conservative pundits be as honest as the liberal pundits, and admit that Biden won this debate?
    Nope, they're going to call Biden a rude bully. Never mind that a man who is trying to be one of the most powerful men in the world just got completely manhandled. This might be my bias, but the presidential debate felt like Obama lost as much Romney won. But, this is just a whoopin.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  16. #10476
    Yeah kind of takes some of the wind out of the GOP sails on "they're trying to impose on religion" when Biden quietly says that he has his own beliefs and that he has no right to impose those beliefs while Ryan goes on about controlling and restricting abortion based on religious feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  17. #10477
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, Ryan just very clearly spelled out why I couldn't possibly vote for a Republican ticket as the party is presently constituted. Their position on abortion is both incoherent and patently evil, in my opinion.

    Excellent work by Biden articulating that so clearly.
    I wouldn't say "evil". But the same people who rail about losing choice in health care now rail about taking away choice for women.

  18. #10478
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I wouldn't say "evil". But the same people who rail about losing choice in health care now rail about taking away choice for women.
    We differ on this then. I think forcing carriage of a pregnancy to term on a woman is spectacularly evil. Stating openly that one would do so is an absolute disqualification from ever receiving a vote from me.

  19. #10479
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah kind of takes some of the wind out of the GOP sails on "they're trying to impose on religion" when Biden quietly says that he has his own beliefs and that he has no right to impose those beliefs while Ryan goes on about controlling and restricting abortion based on religious feelings.
    That's the crux of the entire argument. I don't personally have religious beliefs, and I personally wouldn't ask a partner to abort a fetus. But... fuck anyone who says she doesn't have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  20. #10480
    Wow that honesty answer. I don't see that one playing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •