Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Probably. I never understood the angst some people have for allowing gay couples to marry.
    If gays are allowed to marry then they will be happy. And they cant be happy. They need to be miserable like the rest of married folks. So therefore they need to remain unmarried.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    If gays are allowed to marry then they will be happy. And they cant be happy. They need to be miserable like the rest of married folks. So therefore they need to remain unmarried.
    Hot damn, I think you've finally found the answer! It's not hate at all! It's envy!

EDIT: Although you have to figure... once homosexuals (inevitably) get the right to marry as easily as straight people do, they'll have as many frivolous, ill-advised marriages as straight couples do and soon become as miserable as the rest.

Don't you see? We're forcing them to wade through a mountain of shit for their own good!
    Last edited by stumpy; 2012-10-19 at 12:14 AM.

Paradox, baby. Paradox.

I had a friend (I use the term loosely, actually couldn't stand the guy some days) who is strongly against gay marriage, but didn't want to admit that it was for religious reasons. He told me that he wanted the definition of marriage to remain one man and one woman. So I asked him, "Wouldn't that be government imposing the will of the church?" to which he responded "No, that's just always been the definition of the word marriage! It has nothing to do with religion!"

Dude, I don't think Merriam Webster is going to lose sleep over this -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    webster's complete and unabridged paradoxical dictionary

I had a friend (I use the term loosely, actually couldn't stand the guy some days) who is strongly against gay marriage, but didn't want to admit that it was for religious reasons. He told me that he wanted the definition of marriage to remain one man and one woman. So I asked him, "Wouldn't that be government imposing the will of the church?" to which he responded "No, that's just always been the definition of the word marriage! It has nothing to do with religion!"

He wanted the church to define it but then said it had nothing to do with religion?

He wanted the church to define it but then said it had nothing to do with religion?
    Its kind of sad to watch, really. He's an amazingly intelligent person, especially when it comes to anything related to numbers, and all around just a genius. Unfortunately, he was raised as a devout catholic, and his parents really drilled into him that every word of the bible is undeniable fact. So to me, he always seems torn between his intellect and his overzealous faith. I think it's really frustrating for him, which is why he tends to become angry when arguing about anything related to christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I was responding sarcastically to a person saying everyone is on koolaid, yet my post is an example of liberals. I'm sorry, I guess I should have said people who disagree with me are high, to live up to her standard.
    Pardon? I wasn't talking about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Pardon? I wasn't talking about you.
    Her standard, not yours. I was agreeing with you.

You would think that, as an English major, I would be better at figuring this stuff out. Suppose I should work on that.
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

Random history lesson.

http://xkcd.com/1122/
    Potato.

I liked the 1996 entry. One streak that Munroe missed is that no Republican has won the presidency without Ohio.

That's what the whole thing is a reaction to.

Totally knew that.

>.>

What?

Its kind of sad to watch, really. He's an amazingly intelligent person, especially when it comes to anything related to numbers, and all around just a genius. Unfortunately, he was raised as a devout catholic, and his parents really drilled into him that every word of the bible is undeniable fact. So to me, he always seems torn between his intellect and his overzealous faith. I think it's really frustrating for him, which is why he tends to become angry when arguing about anything related to christianity.
    Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Random history lesson.

http://xkcd.com/1122/
    Relevant xkcd?
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Relevant xkcd?
    There's always a relevant xkcd.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There's always a relevant xkcd.
    Indeed there is. I particularly like this one. http://xkcd.com/647/

Obama on the Daily Show tonight.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 06:28 AM ----------

Also his answer about the Libya response was a good one. Paraphrasing here but: "Government is a big organization, and sometimes you screw up, and you fix it". So can we move past that stupid "issue" now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Anti-racism protests are racist against whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    I am The Riddler. I never 'make stuff up'.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iage-equality/

Kluwe will debate an empty chair over marriage*equality

Vikings punter Chris Kluwe wants to debate a supporter of the proposed Minnesota marriage amendment, which would limit the definition of the term to a union between a man and a woman.* But invitations extended to folks like former Vikings center Matt Birk and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann weren’t accepted.

So Kluwe will be debating an empty chair.

Yes, the tactic has been used recently by Clint Eastwood, but if no one will step up to the stage and take on Kluwe, then he has no choice.

The “debate” will happen Friday night, and it will be “moderated” by local radio personality Tom Bernard.* Here’s hoping he keeps the chair in line.