1. #12201
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The CIA is undoubtedly doing the same to everyone else.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

    EDIT: Not China, of course. At least not yet.

  2. #12202
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The CIA is undoubtedly doing the same to everyone else.
    Notice we never get hacked by somebody from Britain though.

    The Chinese government are not our friends.

  3. #12203
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Notice we never get hacked by somebody from Britain though.
    wait, you're the director of the CIA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  4. #12204
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    wait, you're the director of the CIA?
    Man's gotta have a hobby.

  5. #12205
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Last time we heard this chest thumping it was 2003 and they were telling us the Iraqis would welcome us in with flowers.
    It's not a matter of opinion. Saddam's regime did collapse in under a month. You can talk about rebels and insurgents until you're blue in the face but it didn't do jack shit to save Saddam. It wouldn't save the Ayatollah either.

  6. #12206
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Notice we never get hacked by somebody from Britain though.

    The Chinese government are not our friends.
    College kids from Britain seemingly get arrested all the time for Anonymous related crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  7. #12207
    So is 10 years the amount of time it takes war mongering to refresh itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  8. #12208
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    wait, you're the director of the CIA?
    No, but coincidentally I do actually get a lot of my intel reports from the CIA. Not really relevant, I suppose.

    My point was that Grissom has be hacked a total of 0 times by the British. We've been probed multiple times by the Chinese. It has yet to work for them, but damn if they don't try.

  9. #12209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It's not a matter of opinion. Saddam's regime did collapse in under a month. You can talk about rebels and insurgents until you're blue in the face but it didn't do jack shit to save Saddam. It wouldn't save the Ayatollah either.
    The fact that we went after Saddam was the result of something you claim terrorist do not do, have the largest terrorist attack on US soil while a republican was in office.

  10. #12210
    And I'm pointing out that does not constitute a nonpeaceful existence. Everyone is poking at everyone. That's the world. Everyone is taking a look at what the other guy is doing. I'd be flat shocked if the Brits weren't doing the same to us. It hardly justifies this red scare bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  11. #12211
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The fact that we went after Saddam was the result of something you claim terrorist do not do, have the largest terrorist attack on US soil while a republican was in office.
    Terrorists are religious zealots. They do not fear death.

    Amedhinejahd does. I promise you he does. He's not a fanatic, he's a politician.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 05:35 AM ----------

    Also, Wells I still am waiting for your response to my wager. You seem very confident in your position, so what could you possible have to lose?

  12. #12212
    I'd think terrorist want republicans in office, because they bring US citizens closer for them to kill. Their point was to undermine American way of life, while republican control of federal government nets them the Patriot Act. They want the US to seem like war mongers, so republican controlled federal government nets them 2 wars and a president who is unable to reply to Putin, accusing him of being a warmonger. Republicans gave them everything they wanted, why would they want a democrat? You think people who are willing to blow them selfs up are afraid to die while being a sacrifice against an occupying force? You think it was a good idea to send troops to fight terrorist, who believe they go to heaven if they die for their jihad?

  13. #12213
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I'd think terrorist want republicans in office, because they bring US citizens closer for them to kill. Their point was to undermine American way of life, while republican control of federal government nets them the Patriot Act. They want the US to seem like war mongers, so republican controlled federal government nets them 2 wars and a president who is unable to reply to Putin, accusing him of being a warmonger. Republicans gave them everything they wanted, why would they want a democrat? You think people who are willing to blow them selfs up are afraid to die while being a sacrifice against an occupying force? You think it was a good idea to send troops to fight terrorist, who believe they go to heaven if they die for their jihad?
    But we're not talking about terrorists here. We're talking about Iran.

  14. #12214
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I'd think terrorist want republicans in office, because they bring US citizens closer for them to kill.
    Because terrorists (the Taliban, for instance) also know their guerrilla warfare is damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  15. #12215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Terrorists are religious zealots. They do not fear death.

    Amedhinejahd does. I promise you he does. He's not a fanatic, he's a politician.
    If he is a politician, how do you invade two contries to give him the ammunition to claim you are a war mongering? If he is a politician, the obvious battle ground should be polotics, also known as diplomacy. Starting wars only reinforces his rhetoric, because he is a politician.

    This also does not change the fact of what you're responding to. It took a complete republican federal government, for terrorist to launch the largest successful attack on US soul. How do you justify that with your reasoning that democrats encourage terrorist because they are not scared? They did it with republicans in office and got the exact response they wanted. Let's also remember that it was Reagan who armed Hussain, with the exact same policy of arming our friend that Romney promoted during the debates.

  16. #12216
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,487
    Al Qaida didn't succeed because the government was Republican, they succeeded because the dumbass President at the time fired the adviser that previous administrations had to locate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  17. #12217
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because terrorists (the Taliban, for instance) also know their guerrilla warfare is damn good.
    They don't have to be good, if they fail they go to heaven.

  18. #12218
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because terrorists (the Taliban, for instance) also know their guerrilla warfare is damn good.
    What counts as bad guerrilla warfare then? Because when a firebase in Kandahar is reporting upwards of 100+ confirmed kills every single day, and reports maybe one fatality a month, I have to believe that they're basically handing these guys rifles and saying "All you have to do is run stright at the Americans and fire as many shots as you can before they kill you. Good luck!"

    Oh wait, did you mean our guerrilla warfare is damn good? Because that would make more sense.

  19. #12219
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Al Qaida didn't succeed because the government was Republican, they succeeded because the dumbass President at the time fired the adviser that previous administrations had to locate them.
    They succeeded because the cards fell that way. If Gore was in office, I do not believe anything would be different. The reaction to the attacks, would be different, but not it happening.

  20. #12220
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    What counts as bad guerrilla warfare then? Because when a firebase in Kandahar is reporting upwards of 100+ confirmed kills every single day, and reports maybe one fatality a month, I have to believe that they're basically handing these guys rifles and saying "All you have to do is run stright at the Americans and fire as many shots as you can before they kill you. Good luck!"

    Oh wait, did you mean our guerrilla warfare is damn good? Because that would make more sense.
    I mean the fact that it has been 11 years and they still exist and resist. The moment we leave they will just regain power. We've even had to resort to negotiation.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 12:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    They succeeded because the cards fell that way. If Gore was in office, I do not believe anything would be different. The reaction to the attacks, would be different, but not it happening.
    We never will know. It's done. Clinton said on 60 Minutes that he was close to finding him around 2000, but then Bush effectively gave up looking when he didn't keep that adviser guy (I forget his name) on.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •