10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies, I must have worded my question poorly. I wasn't asking about their coverage of Bush. I was asking about their Obama coverage in comparison to Fox's coverage of Bush.

To Well's point, that seems to be what I remember hearing about them a while back, though I have noticed the charge of liberal bias being bandied about by some posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    To Well's point, that seems to be what I remember hearing about them a while back, though I have noticed the charge of liberal bias being bandied about by some posters here.
    Oh, there's absolutely liberal bias there, but that's not why it's dreadful. There's multiple reasons why it's dreadful. It's mostly an aggregator, which it's fine for, but their original material is simply dreadful. Anti-vaccine woo, evolution denialism, opinion columns with no valid points. Just straight up idiocy writ large.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies, I must have worded my question poorly. I wasn't asking about their coverage of Bush. I was asking about their Obama coverage in comparison to Fox's coverage of Bush.

I think the two do not compare. Dump both into google and read the headlines. Let me know what you think.

Polls can't be trusted, Stephen Colbert joked on Thursday night, and Fox News knows just what he's talking about!

The host mocked the network's reporting of its own polls, which put President Obama ahead of Mitt Romney. He played a clip of a Fox News saying that Obama is up among "likely voters" in three swing states, but loses some of his edge with voters "extremely interested" in the election.

"Yes," Colbert jokingly agreed. "And Romney's tied when you focus on the 'inexpressably intrigued,' and he's up by two points when you count only voters who are psychotically engaged."

He pointed to a montage of clips of Fox News commentators alleging that the polls are "skewed," "oversampled" Democrats, and are simply "scientific gobbledygook."

"The point is the polls showing Romney behind have to be wrong!" Colbert exclaimed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...m_hp_ref=media

Colbert, once again, does a great job walking up to the edge of what actual Republicans really believe. If you go look on whatever right-wing site you're in the mood to go to, you'll see people expressing almost exactly what he's saying, just without the irony. In fact, you can go to sites that aren't explicitly partisan, but just have commenters that lean heavily to one direction or the other and see this. My favorite to look at is RealClearPolitics - presumably, everyone there follows politics pretty closely, yet the posters are absolutely delusional about Romney's chances of success.

I don't read Huffpost that much, but from what I have seen they do have quite a number of articles that are quite critical of Obama's policies. The positive stuff they print about Obama is often good only relative to how they blast Republicans on similar issues. Of course being AOL-affiliated now they also have lots of lightweight, garbage articles that are generally positive about Obama.

They've been very critical of Obama on things like the environment, gay rights (earlier in his term anyway), Guantanamo, the war in Afghanistan, NDAA, Patriot Act, war on drugs, and many other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I don't read Huffpost that much, but from what I have seen they do have quite a number of articles that are quite critical of Obama's policies. The positive stuff they print about Obama is often good only relative to how they blast Republicans on similar issues. Of course being AOL-affiliated now they also have lots of lightweight, garbage articles that are generally positive about Obama.

They've been very critical of Obama on things like the environment, gay rights (earlier in his term anyway), Guantanamo, the war in Afghanistan, NDAA, Patriot Act, war on drugs, and many other things.
    That's how I see it. Here is a comparison:

Media ignore Obama attack on ‘those who slander the Prophet of Islam’
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...prophet-islam/

At UN, Obama never mentions one word -- 'terror'
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...e-word-terror/

Obama U.N. Speech: A New Religion Doctrine
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1916410.html

Obama UN Speech Challenges World Leaders To Confront Intolerance At Home
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1912492.html

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

And you must hate everything that is aol! Those bastards!

Wait, AOL is still in business?

/Gasp

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought a little levity was in order.

That's one of the best mashups I've seen. Great job by whoever made it!

10+ Year Old Account
    The was pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I thought a little levity was in order.
    I agree. I don't know if this one has been posted yet...

(Note: It's just humor.)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I agree. I don't know if this one has been posted yet...

(Note: It's just humor.)
    Dear god, that was the best thing ever. I really needed that tonight.

And with that, I must be off to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Dear god, that was the best thing ever. I really needed that tonight.

And with that, I must be off to work.
    I'm a hot taco.

The part where he breaks into song kills me every time.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this has been going on since 2010, but how do the Obama supporters defend this?

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...child_soldiers

U.S. President Barack Obama issued a new executive order last week to fight human trafficking, touting his administration's handling of the issue.

"When a little boy is kidnapped, turned into a child soldier, forced to kill or be killed -- that's slavery," Obama said in a speech at the Clinton Global Initiative. "It is barbaric, and it is evil, and it has no place in a civilized world. Now, as a nation, we've long rejected such cruelty." But for the third year in a row, Obama has waived almost all U.S. sanctions that would punish certain countries that use child soldiers, upsetting many in the human rights community.

Late Friday afternoon, Obama issued a presidential memorandum waiving penalties under the Child Soldiers Protection Act of 2008 for Libya, South Sudan, and Yemen, penalties that Congress put in place to prevent U.S. arms sales to countries determined by the State Department to be the worst abusers of child soldiers in their militaries. The president also partially waived sanctions against the Democratic Republic of the Congo to allow some military training and arms sales to that country.

I have no idea. Its not uncommon for a bill to give the executive that kind of power. Depends on how its written really.

Sounds like he is acting like a republican. Ignoring social issues while letting big business do what it wants. But we can't forget that Obama is Super-Mecho-Stalin-Mao-Commie-Terrorist, and so clearly wouldn't do something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Sounds like he is acting like a republican. Ignoring social issues while letting big business do what it wants. But we can't forget that Obama is Super-Mecho-Stalin-Mao-Commie-Terrorist, and so clearly wouldn't do something like that.
    Impressive display of sidestepping while slamming the people you disagree with at the same time. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Impressive display of sidestepping while slamming the people you disagree with at the same time. Bravo.
    Thanks! It was a joke, before you get your panties in a bunch.

The answer is easy: he's sacrificing principles for progress. Obama is first and foremost a pragmatist. If he follows the rules on child soldiers then he would have to withhold aid, and since those countries are fighting terrorists/fighting for stability, then holding back the aid could cause problems. In the case of The Congo, in the past he has been pretty strict with them so it looks like a "the more you cut back on child soldiers the more money you'll get" sort of arrangement (carrot, not just stick).