Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    At least we can stop with numbers being wierd crap?
    They are weird. It's the biggest jump in almost a decade in that statistic. Doesn't mean there's a conspiracy behind it. It's unlikely that they actually rose that much this month, it's more likely that they were too low in earlier years and it's only revealed now. Or that some seasonal adjusting went wrong.

Another exceptional outlier:

Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-10-05 at 07:19 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the unemployment numbers were fine in the past when they were unfavorable to Obama, then they are fine now when they are favorable to him. Trying to find "problems" in them now makes the arguments ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    They are weird. It's the biggest jump in almost a decade in that statistic. Doesn't mean there's a conspiracy behind it. It's unlikely that they actually rose that much this month, it's more likely that they were too low in earlier years and it's only revealed now. Or that some seasonal adjusting went wrong.
    But, all of those just confirm the numbers, not make them wierd. Why is it wierd that we had such a high statistical jump, when even your assumptions on wierdness simply make them seem more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If the unemployment numbers were fine in the past when they were unfavorable to Obama, then they are fine now when they are favorable to him. Trying to find "problems" in them now makes the arguments ridiculous.
    Actually, I 100% encourage people to investigate the numbers and learn how they are calculated and what they actually mean. The more educated the public is, the better.

The one thing I would ask is that instead of arriving at the conclusion and then doing the research, do it the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm with you, obviously. I can't argue against wanting these numbers to be better, but 'they' are arguing that the numbers are too good to be true. No, they are better than last time, but no where close to being so good that they are hard to believe. If you think these numbers are too good to believe, your standards are too low.

10+ Year Old Account
    An unexpected spike certainly seems weird to me.

the release of unemployment numbers is always the same. one side sings gleefully "i told you so!" while the other discredits the process of obtaining said number. every single time. the only change is if the numbers support a different view than the time before, then offense and defense switch up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Actually, I 100% encourage people to investigate the numbers and learn how they are calculated and what they actually mean. The more educated the public is, the better.

The one thing I would ask is that instead of arriving at the conclusion and then doing the research, do it the other way around.
    That last line is what it looks like to me. Trying to figure out if something is wrong, only after the numbers disagree with your opinion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post

But these numbers have been calculated the same way for awhile now. To "look for problems" or "investigate their sources" now seems hypocritical when they were so great for certain people earlier.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    the release of unemployment numbers is always the same. one side sings gleefully "i told you so!" while the other discredits the process of obtaining said number. every single time. the only change is if the numbers support a different view than the time before, then offense and defense switch up
    No one was questioning these numbers at the start and 1 year anniversary of Obama's first term - everyone agreed that unemployment was high and the economy was bad. Now that they are significantly lower, and show that something is going well with the economy, the same yard stick is questionable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    An unexpected spike certainly seems weird to me.
    That's the thing. It's like Duidri is saying, the .3% jump is dismal, it's less than population growth. There is no real spike, but a very slow gradual drop. With the significance not being a spike, but dropping bellow 8%.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-10-05 at 08:07 PM.

Mitt Romeny against Coal 2003

Quoting

"I will not create jobs that kill people.."

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...obs/?mobile=nc

Fast forward

He's FOR Coal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    video=youtube;2BpgLYryI8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BpgLYryI8g

Mitt Romeny against Coal 2003

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...obs/?mobile=nc

Fast forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTFTjJS4GtE

He's FOR Coal.
    Hey now! Burning coal is clean energy! The smoke should remind you of camping, you pussy! /sarcasm

Could you also, in future, include a simple link to video? It's a hassle to pull on an iPad otherwise and I usually like watching them.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    He's FOR Coal.
    Phew.

It sure is a good thing that other politicians don't change their positions over the course of nearly a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Phew.

It sure is a good thing that other politicians don't change their positions over the course of nearly a decade.
    Do we get to choose which to believe or go with the newest one?

Hey now! Burning coal is clean energy! The smoke should remind you of camping, you pussy! /sarcasm

Could you also, in future, include a simple link to video? It's a hassle to pull on an iPad otherwise and I usually like watching them.
    I could find the video in the debate where he said and I quote "I like coal" and wants to use natural gas. It was a pretty big hit at the debate. I'll put up this video however.

I did include already two videos? are they not showing up on your ipad?

Mitt Romeny. "Coal is Good."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheeee false equivalence.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Phew.

Mitt Romeny. I will pervse a woman's right to choose.

Mitt Romeny now says I support Pro Life.

I give you another of Mitt..Double take..

Who is Mitt Romeny..really..?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do we get to choose which to believe or go with the newest one?
    Probably the newest one. We could play this game with nearly every politician on both sides of the aisle though I'm really not up for that three page battle right now.

You know its not really necessary to point out his changed opinion on coal when you could just talk about his support for the pants-shittingly-stupid idea of "clean coal".

Also not to mention

http://www.iberkshires.com/story/148...apons-ban.html

Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban

This is from Fox News. Second Part

Romney says Obama will erode the rights of gun owners in speech to NRA

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz28SYyIi4p

Romeny against new laws for weapons

Ag inst new laws for assault weapons

"We need a president who will enforce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners," Romney told thousands of NRA members in St. Louis for their annual convention. "President Obama has not. I will."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz28SZAf4BO