10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm not sure, I haven't really looked at the data. But, African American voters are overwhelmingly Democrat, so I'd be surprised if he had that much.
    It was a joke implying Romney is polling at 0, making it 13% if we add the 13% Riddler said.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm not sure how I'm putting words in his mouth.

Implying that what he's saying is factually correct and provable.

But I'm wrong I, so I'll stop.
    He did say fact, but everything that followed was opinion. It's not puting words in his mouth, it's focusing on semantics of how the correct meaning is opinion. Instead of what his opinion actually is. Still, lame...
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-10-09 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for being lame then.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post

Romney just took the lead among likely voters according to gallup poll. Intrade numbers crashed Obama's chance of winning to under 60%.
    What does intrade have to do with anything?

Is that worse then Big Bird telling obama to stop using him in campaign ads?

Intrade, like any trading market, behaves like a chicken coop with a fox in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Intrade, like any trading market, behaves like a chicken coop with a fox in it.
    Isn't intrade an illegal off shore gambling site?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The new big bird campaign video on youtube is HILARIOUS

Apparently Big Bird didn't find it funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sesame Workshop wants their content to be left out of the political sphere, the Obama campaign should stop using them. I find it to be poor practice that they didn't get permission before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    If Sesame Workshop wants their content to be left out of the political sphere, the Obama campaign should stop using them. I find it to be poor practice that they didn't get permission before hand.
    You could say, they shot first, then aimed.

I did get an image of elmo talking to Axelrod saying " This cease and desist has been brought to you by the letters F and U."
    Last edited by Bobdoletoo; 2012-10-10 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Yeah, the whole Big Bird angle wasn't going to sway voters for Obama in the first place, and it was kind of bad taste to put that in the ad in the first place imo.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, the whole Big Bird angle wasn't going to sway voters for Obama in the first place, and it was kind of bad taste to put that in the ad in the first place imo.
    Yet Romney can bullshit lie in multiple ads. God forbid President Obama try and call bull shit without some Independents crying. People wonder why he cannot call Romney on his bull.

Anyone know how to become a Canadian? America is going to be a third world country pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet Romney can bullshit lie in multiple ads. God forbid President Obama try and call bull shit without some Independents crying. People wonder why he cannot call Romney on his bull.

Anyone know how to become a Canadian? America is going to be a third world country pretty soon.
    Oh come on. I've been harping on Romney's bullshit at every turn. You can bet I'm going to give Obama shit when he pulls this garbage.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-10-10 at 02:14 AM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop acting like either candidate is a bastion of truth. Romney has lied and Obama has lied. Either one pointing the finger at the other as if they are above it is comical at best.

Obama is basically getting called out for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the "if he can lie we can lie!" argument is the absolute worst.

Both sides do it. Let's all agree to let the bullshit go uncalled as we sit on the sidelines and pat ourselves on the back for being so impartial and above the fray, even as we piss and moan incessantly about how worried we are about the future of the country.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/10/ob...atrina-relief/

Apparently it is okay for obama to call out the Bush administration for ignoring Louisiana when a hurricane hits......and then he does the exact same thing. If the numbers are correct , he is actually making Louisiana pay more to get aid. I am sure more news of this will be forthcoming.

How much damage has Isaac caused in comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    How much damage has Isaac caused in comparison?
    So your level of help is based on level of damage? Bush let Louisiana use federal money to pay for the 10% stafford act matching. Obama is making Louisiana pay the normal 25% ....but you are okay with this, because, even though there was a lot of devastation, it was not on Katrina's level.....or am I wrong with your implication?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    So your level of help is based on level of damage? Bush let Louisiana use federal money to pay for the 10% stafford act matching. Obama is making Louisiana pay the normal 25% ....but you are okay with this, because, even though there was a lot of devastation, it was not on Katrina's level.....or am I wrong with your implication?
    Well yes. If the damage is small enough that the state is capable of paying the 25% matching, then they should. That requirement should only be waved when the damage is so much that the state has no chance of meeting that 25% matching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    Are you trying to blame the outrage game when I suggest that the aid package a state gets might be based on their need?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Well yes. If the damage is small enough that the state is capable of paying the 25% matching, then they should. That requirement should only be waved when the damage is so much that the state has no chance of meeting that 25% matching.
    “What’s happening down in New Orleans?” Obama shouted during the speech, which was recorded at the Virginia university in June of 2007. “Where’s your dollar? Where’s your Stafford Act Money? Makes no sense! It tells me, the people down in New Orleans, they don’t care about as much!”

The Stafford Act requires states and localities to add their own money to federal funds disbursed for rebuilding after disasters. The amount of required matching funds can vary up to 25 percent, under the law.

According to Louisiana Republican Rep. Steve Scalise, the president has responded to the August landfall of Hurricane Isaac, which devastated several parishes in Louisiana, by requiring local governments to provide the maximum allowable 25 percent matching funds to receive their federal aid, instead of the 10 percent match that served as the Bush administration’s guideline in the aftermath of Katrina.

So the state wants help. But obama doesn't want them to get the same help as before. And you say, the current President can decide they pay the maximum 25% after he made a huge deal about the same state having to pay 10%, which--when he made the speech about it--was already being paid by the federal government. And you are okay with a President who has a double standard for when he is running for office, and when he is in office?