Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Right, so every person who supports Romney is anti-information. Every person who is a Republican doesn't believe in evolution, science, medicine. Every Republican thinks that the job numbers were a hoax.

Please, show me the facts that back up those generalizations.
    personally i dont see why anyone who believes in those things would vote romney/ryan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    How dumb is Stephanie Cutter? Blaming Romney and Ryan for the coverage the Benghazi attacks got. When Wasserman-Schultz stops being head of the DNC, Cutter could fill her shoes nicely.
    Still going on with the Benghazi attacks?

You do know that it was the house Republicans that significantly reduced funding for consulate security after the 2010 elections, right?

Are you also aware that, in the insane which hunt that ensued, Republicans made public information about CIA bases and safehouses in Lybia during a public forum which was highly classified.

There's a reason the public doesn't instantly get the entire story when such attacks occur.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Seems like she's just complaining about Romney and Ryan politicizing it. Which they did.

It wouldn't have gotten nearly the coverage it did, had they just come out and said what it actually was from the start: a terrorist attack. In trying to throw a blanket over the fire and say it was because of a spontaneous (which we know it wasn't) protest (which we know it wasn't) against an internet video they opened themselves up for it to be politicized.

You're shifting. Its pretty clear that Romney and Ryan tried to score political points out of it. Shit they were attacking Obama before he even said anything. That's what she is complaining about. That they used a terrorist attack to try to get elected before we even knew what was going on.

It wouldn't have gotten nearly the coverage it did, had they just come out and said what it actually was from the start: a terrorist attack. In trying to throw a blanket over the fire and say it was because of a spontaneous (which we know it wasn't) protest (which we know it wasn't) against an internet video they opened themselves up for it to be politicized.
    I haven't been watching that story lately... but wasn't it a spontaneous protest, which was in turn used as the cover for a pre-planned attack?

At least, iirc, the embassy itself issued a couple statements about the video via twitter.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I haven't been watching that story lately... but wasn't it a spontaneous protest, which was in turn used as the cover for a pre-planned attack?

At least, iirc, the embassy itself issued a couple statements about the video via twitter.

No protest, was a pre-planned coordinated attack.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1953263.html
    Last edited by Naxere; 2012-10-12 at 12:21 AM.

but the entire reason that this has become the, you know, political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan
    No, she's pretty clearly upset that Romney and Ryan politicized the issue. Which is entirely fair to be pissed about.

They were flinging mud as soon as they could. I don't give a shit what your politics are. When we're attacked we're all on the same side. Later when the dust clears and lives aren't in danger anymore, that's when you evaluate how it was handled and what can be changed for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, she's pretty clearly upset that Romney and Ryan politicized the issue. Which is entirely fair to be pissed about.

They were flinging mud as soon as they could. I don't give a shit what your politics are. When we're attacked we're all on the same side. Later when the dust clears and lives aren't in danger anymore, that's when you evaluate how it was handled and what can be changed for the future.

Welcome to campaign season, she must be new here. EVERYTHING gets politicized this time of year.

Welcome to campaign season, she must be new here. EVERYTHING gets politicized this time of year.
    Oh well that clearly makes it ok for Romney to attack the president during a terrorist attack before he's even said anything.

Move along here folks, just Cutter being stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well that clearly makes it ok for Romney to attack the president during a terrorist attack before he's even said anything.

Move along here folks, just Cutter being stupid.

Did I say it was ok? I'd prefer it if both candidates stopped shooting from the hip, but that's the social media climate we live in, where everyone needs an instant reaction to anything remotely newsworthy.

Did I say it was ok?
    You called a woman stupid for saying it wasn't. You might understand why I inferred.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:05 AM ----------

Biden seems to be very forthcoming on the Libya issue. "Yeah we screwed up and once we deal with the people who did this we're going to fix how we screwed up".

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:09 AM ----------

So glad Biden called Ryan out on embassy security.

Also calling Obama weak on terrorism is pretty......well its fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Biden: Already more aggressive in the first question than Obama was in the entire debate....

Malarky....oh Joe. This is gonna be good.

Biden is doing a pretty good job of sticking to numbers and facts while not looking and sounding like he's asleep like Obama was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden is doing very well. Needs to be careful not to get too aggressive.

Biden smash

edit: apparently they filter out all caps, lol

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:29 AM ----------

Ok well Ryan just used Biden's stream of conscious speaking to excuse Romney saying stupid things.

Any chance this means their campaign will stop making a big deal when Biden puts his foot in his mouth?

Biden laughing when Ryan said that Romney was a "car guy" was priceless.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Biden laughing when Ryan said that Romney was a "car guy" was priceless.
    Well he has a lot of cars.

Well he has a lot of cars.
    He's a horse guy, too. That should get him the Cowboy vote.

Edit: Biden's smirk when Ryan just said "the administration came in with one party control" was awesome.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Well, this isn't going how I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's easy to forget that Biden knows his shit.

Moderator: When could you get unemployment to 6%.

Ryan: yada yada stimulus

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, this isn't going how I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's easy to forget that Biden knows his shit.
    He really does. You can say what you like about his public events, and there are valid criticisms to be made there, but Biden has been doing what he does for a very long time.