They should send Biden to the next Presidential debate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The 50 million dollar question: Will conservative pundits be as honest as the liberal pundits, and admit that Biden won this debate?
    Nope, they're going to call Biden a rude bully. Never mind that a man who is trying to be one of the most powerful men in the world just got completely manhandled. This might be my bias, but the presidential debate felt like Obama lost as much Romney won. But, this is just a whoopin.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Yeah kind of takes some of the wind out of the GOP sails on "they're trying to impose on religion" when Biden quietly says that he has his own beliefs and that he has no right to impose those beliefs while Ryan goes on about controlling and restricting abortion based on religious feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, Ryan just very clearly spelled out why I couldn't possibly vote for a Republican ticket as the party is presently constituted. Their position on abortion is both incoherent and patently evil, in my opinion.

Excellent work by Biden articulating that so clearly.
    I wouldn't say "evil". But the same people who rail about losing choice in health care now rail about taking away choice for women.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I wouldn't say "evil". But the same people who rail about losing choice in health care now rail about taking away choice for women.
    We differ on this then. I think forcing carriage of a pregnancy to term on a woman is spectacularly evil. Stating openly that one would do so is an absolute disqualification from ever receiving a vote from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah kind of takes some of the wind out of the GOP sails on "they're trying to impose on religion" when Biden quietly says that he has his own beliefs and that he has no right to impose those beliefs while Ryan goes on about controlling and restricting abortion based on religious feelings.
    That's the crux of the entire argument. I don't personally have religious beliefs, and I personally wouldn't ask a partner to abort a fetus. But... fuck anyone who says she doesn't have that option.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Wow that honesty answer. I don't see that one playing well.

I just went to go look for conservative comments on this and the first news story I saw on CBS - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...ential-debate/

Here's the first couple conservative comments:

I wouldn'tbuy a new or used car from Joe Biden. Didn't his parents teach him it is rude to interrupt someone who is speaking?
    OK. So now that I have gotten through the liberal roadblocks I can make a comment or two, or three. First, FIRE THE *****. Martha is the worst ever moderator of anything. Obviously, she is still not over her marriage, divorce, or the fact Obama attended. Second, what the HELL is so funny Biden? Are you just a Smart Ass (we know you are), or are you that much of an idiot. This just made my decision. I was independent, now I will vote for anyone over Obama / Biden. Has some F***ing respect. That is the problem with you and Obama, no respect. Finally, let Ryan answer the question. Just because he is calling you an ASS and you don't like the answer does not give you the right to talk over him. Get a F***ing life.
    Just fire the ***** running this and maybe you could get some real answers out of the Jack-Ass VP.
    Geez, I am so glad I did not vote for Biden--he is an embarrassment to the US He is loud and rude. Seems to need some anger management.
    What a joke this debate is. The moderator is obviously pro Biden-who is extremely rude. The interruptions are not an example of a person who is the Vice President of the United States.
    The crying about the moderator makes it clear to me that I'm not imagining it, that Biden really did crush Ryan.

10+ Year Old Account
    See! Biden's a big bad bully! Waaaaa!!!

Stop staring at the camera Ryan, its weird.

Also lol at government takeover of health care lie of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop staring at the camera Ryan, its weird.

Also lol at government takeover of health care lie of the year.
    He's got that thousand yard stare. You know there's something going on in that crazy brain.

I just went to go look for conservative comments on this and the first news story I saw on CBS
    I realized Ryan was dead in the water early on when Biden told the story about his wife and daughter dying. Ryan never came back.

Ryan's closing statement sounded like a stilted Prom king speech.

Edit:

Bill Maher: Hello 9-1-1? There s an old man beating a child on my tv.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

A pleasant amount of actual content and debate in this.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:34 AM ----------

I will say this, I don't think Ryan did particularly well, but I think as far as an actual debate goes he did better than Romney.

We differ on this then. I think forcing carriage of a pregnancy to term on a woman is spectacularly evil. Stating openly that one would do so is an absolute disqualification from ever receiving a vote from me.
    Pro-lifers side with the fetus. Pro-choice side with the mother. I think it's a legit difference. Siding with one necessarily imposes on the other. I know which side I support, but I don't think the other side is "evil".

And as much as I fucking hate Mathews, he's making a good point on Ryan's stance on abortion. Going after abortion in strong religious language can backfire hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Pro-lifers side with the fetus. Pro-choice side with the mother. I think it's a legit difference. Siding with one necessarily imposes on the other. I know which side I support, but I don't think the other side is "evil".
    I think it's an evil difference. Siding with something that isn't capable of thinking or feeling (that's what we're talking about, most abortions are first trimesters, well before thought) over a real person is absolutely, positively, awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    The crying about the moderator makes it clear to me that I'm not imagining it, that Biden really did crush Ryan.
    I'm hearing lots of interruptions of Ryan by the moderator, few interruptions of Biden by the moderator. From what I understand Obama attended the moderators wedding. Are any of these things factually inaccurate?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I think it's an evil difference. Siding with something that isn't capable of thinking or feeling (that's what we're talking about, most abortions are first trimesters, well before thought) over a real person is absolutely, positively, awful.
    The other side would say that you're allowing the mother to make the choice to murder a helpless baby, and call YOU evil. It's a different opinion, and I still think it's legit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I'm hearing lots of interruptions of Ryan by the moderator, few interruptions of Biden by the moderator. From what I understand Obama attended the moderators wedding. Are any of these things factually inaccurate?
    She interrupted Ryan because he wasn't answering the question so she was trying to get him back to the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    And as much as I fucking hate Mathews, he's making a good point on Ryan's stance on abortion. Going after abortion in strong religious language can backfire hard.
    Never underestimate the power of religious guilt in the voting booth.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Biden won the debate. I also though his weird smiling all the time was a little odd, like he farted or something and nobody else knew.