Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I think Biden won the debate. I also though his weird smiling all the time was a little odd, like he farted or something and nobody else knew.
    He's old. It may be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Are any of these things factually inaccurate?
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    She interrupted Ryan because he wasn't answering the question so she was trying to get him back to the question.
    So that would be a no to my question then?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I'm hearing lots of interruptions of Ryan by the moderator, few interruptions of Biden by the moderator. From what I understand Obama attended the moderators wedding. Are any of these things factually inaccurate?
    Yes, the claim that Ryan is interrupted more is factually inaccurate (or at least meaningless). The two speakers had an almost identical amount of speaking time, Ryan has a habit of running much longer.

More to the point, the impotent rage and need to lash out displayed in a couple of the comments I quoted above tell me more than anything about the content thereof.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hearing lots of interruptions of Ryan by the moderator, few interruptions of Biden by the moderator. From what I understand Obama attended the moderators wedding. Are any of these things factually inaccurate?
    Ah, the old Republican hobby horse. "It isn't going our way! Liberal bias!"
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

I think if focus is on moderator behavior instead of actual substance that kind of says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    The other side would say that you're allowing the mother to make the choice to murder a helpless baby, and call YOU evil. It's a different opinion, and I still think it's legit.
    Well, they're fucking wrong. Just because there's two sides doesn't make them equivalent, that's not how it works. A being without the ability to think or feel does not have the same rights as a woman. It's fine (well, sort of) for someone to disagree, but I sure as shit would never, ever vote for such a person.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I think Biden won the debate. I also though his weird smiling all the time was a little odd, like he farted or something and nobody else knew.
    The picture Wells posted above backs this! Look at Ryan's expression...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think it's an evil difference. Siding with something that isn't capable of thinking or feeling (that's what we're talking about, most abortions are first trimesters, well before thought) over a real person is absolutely, positively, awful.
    and some could say killing children is evil especially when you try to justify it by saying their not a person.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

So that would be a no to my question then?
    She tried to get Ryan tro answer the questions and had to interrupt him to do it.

I assume it's true that Obama attended her wedding. If the Romney campaign had a problem with that, then they shouldn't have agreed to let her moderate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    A pleasant amount of actual content and debate in this. I will say this, I don't think Ryan did particularly well, but I think as far as an actual debate goes he did better than Romney.
    Ironically because we can't actually vote for them and they really have only a little say in office, we can have more content and less rheotric.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    and some could say killing children is evil especially when you try to justify it by saying their not a person.
    Some could say that, but they'd have to willfully lie by saying that an embryo is a "child". In doing so, they'd be exposing the emptiness of their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Ironically because we can't actually vote for them and they really have only a little say in office, we can have more content and less rheotric.
    Remember: if something happens to the President, one of these two men will step in and be President. That's their primary job. Based on what we saw tonight, I think it's fairly clear that Biden is more ready for that job.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    More than 20% of pregnancies end in a miscarriage or stillbirth. I guess God is evil, nyet?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Ah, the old Republican hobby horse. "It isn't going our way! Liberal bias!"
    Ah, the old Democrat hobby horse. "He said something I don't like! I'll pretend it's something else!"

I stated three things. I asked people if they were factual or just my perception. You respond with nonsense. Try again.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

Yeah when you try to bring up vague accusations of moderator bias after that debate I think you're pretty much asking for laughs.

Ah, the old Democrat hobby horse. "He said something I don't like! I'll pretend it's something else!"
    I kind of lol'd really hard.

But I'm rational. I'll listen if you have actual evidence of Biden saying anything false.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah when you try to bring up vague accusations of moderator bias after that debate I think you're pretty much asking for laughs.
    I stated three facts that would seem to indicate that bias is at least possible. The only person who actually tried to tell me any of the facts were inaccurate brushed it off as unimportant at worst.

Personally I think ignoring all that has earned you some deserved ridicule and mockery, but what does that have to do with it? I'm just interested in the facts. I listed several. Do you dispute them or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, it's a goddamn question. Just answer it. It's poor form when you complain about others not answering your questions, only to turn around and not answer questions.

I'm not saying this because I'm trying to moderate, I'm saying this because what you're doing is dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of lol'd really hard.

But I'm rational. I'll listen if you have actual evidence of Biden saying anything false.
    It was in response to the quote in the post. Nothing in the debate. But if you're looking for some quick fact-checking: crazy long link here.

10+ Year Old Account
    How bout the fact that Biden said "Ryan and his Republican colleagues helped create the deficit problem by voting for two wars on the credit card" when Biden also voted for both of them? Just off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's true Obama did attend her wedding he went to school with her husband that being said she was much less bias that I expected.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR