1. #12241
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So tired of this stupid ass saber rattling. Was really hoping people would have gotten over this after 8 years of Bush.
    We Americans love our wars.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 02:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Sweet, my hometown made the national news!

    On a lighter note, some of you may know that LSU and Alabama played tonight in college football. What's interesting is that it has connections with presidential elections.
    http://www.lsureveille.com/sports/fo...9bb30f31a.html

    Since 1984, the winner of this game during election years has directly correlated with the party affiliation of the winner of the presidential election, with LSU connected to the GOP and Alabama connected to the Democratic party.
    If you didn't watch the game, Alabama won a very close game.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 02:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Let me fill you in on how the investigation on finding and questioning the suspects linked to the attack in Benghazi, because you must only be looking for that information on Liberal web sites.
    Vyxn, if you have the time, could you provide us with a list of "liberal sites" so that we can be further educated and know where we shouldn't go for information? Or, if it's easier for you, provide a list of "non-liberal sites" that we can trust will give us the right information?

    It's exhausting to keep up, especially when we find out from you that places like the Examiner is not the conservative libertarian "rag" we thought it was(and claims to be), but just another "liberal rag". Perhaps you can edit a wikipedia(or conservapedia if wikipedia is a liberal site) page that gives us the lists so we can quickly determine whether to trust the source or not. It might be wise to put a big asterisk at the top that says "Site distinction may change depending on whether I feel like the information they put out is liberal or not."

    Thank you in advance for your wonderful work in keeping us informed!
    Last edited by Chonogo; 2012-11-04 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  2. #12242
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    This thread took a dark turn last night. Good to see some of us still live in the 1980's Cold War era just like Mitt Romney does where Russia is our sworn geopolitical enemy.

  3. #12243
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    Any chance obama or any democrat comes out and criticizes the unions? Probably after they vote on the 6th, but turning away help when your state needs it is baffling. Why is the governor and the mayor of New York ignoring the fact unions would not let people help unless they joined a union? This board is so liberal/democrat leaning it is ridiculous, where is the outrage? Why are none of you asking why unions can turn away help when states are in disasters? Why is obama doing nothing about it? Oh wait, he needs to jet off to Vegas.
    Obama steps in and takes action: Conservatives say "Why is Obama meddling in state affairs! Leave them alone we dont need big government!"

    Obama does nothing: Conservatives say "Why is Obama doing nothing about this? He needs to jet off to Vegas"

    But as Wells said, the story is horseshit. I work for a utility company, and was listening to Hannity go on and on and on about this, which is probably where you are getting your information.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  4. #12244
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    Why is obama doing nothing about it? Oh wait, he needs to jet off to Vegas.
    What in the actual fuck is it that a politician can do while standing in closer physical proximity to a natural disaster that they can't do via phone?

  5. #12245
    It's about fair and balanced. Liberal sources like Chis Christy are all praising Obama's reaction to Sandy. To be fair and balanced, fox news criticizes him, even if they have to make things up to achieve the balance.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What in the actual fuck is it that a politician can do while standing in closer physical proximity to a natural disaster that they can't do via phone?
    One of the moocher 47% in NYC mayor Bloomberg even asked Obama not to come, while supporting him in reelection, and the liberal darling Chris Christy praised Obama's effort. It's fox seeking balance, by making shit up.

  6. #12246
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What in the actual fuck is it that a politician can do while standing in closer physical proximity to a natural disaster that they can't do via phone?
    Obama has the capacity to engage in fisticuffs with a hurricane. He simply doesn't because beating down a hurricane would have looked worse for him than helping the victims. What a jerk.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  7. #12247
    You want to talk about being divisive, the praise Obama is getting is across party lines. Sandy has unified independents like mayor Bloomberg, republicans like Chris Christy with a democrat Obama. It takes fox to look for a divide, even create one where it does not exist. It should be an example of the divisive rhetoric that fox is influencing.

    What's next? Fox is going to dress someone like a pimp to try and get storm relief funds, to show how democrats just give money to pimps?

  8. #12248
    The one good thing that'll work out for people that really hate Obama is that they can just blame all their person failures on Obama. It's nice to know you've never personally fucked anything up, I imagine.

  9. #12249
    I think the reaction to the storm changed my opinion on Chris Christy. I saw him as a blow hard, but in time of crisis, it seems to be exactly what people need. Two thumbs way up for Christy, much respect.

  10. #12250
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I think the reaction to the storm changed my opinion on Chris Christy. I saw him as a blow hard, but in time of crisis, it seems to be exactly what people need. Two thumbs way up for Christy, much respect.
    I like Christie. I disagree with him about a lot, and I think he's factually wrong fairly regularly, but I don't think he's willfully bullshitting me, and I think he really is attempting to do his level best. Sure, he's blowhardy, but he's from Jersey, so I cut him some slack there.

  11. #12251
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Obama has the capacity to engage in fisticuffs with a hurricane. He simply doesn't because beating down a hurricane would have looked worse for him than helping the victims. What a jerk.
    Well, because nature if feminine and because we live with the Earth it would have been a very serious case of domestic abuse, beating up one of mother nature's children and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  12. #12252
    On Saturday night, Iranian MP Mohammad Hassan Asafari was misquoted by opposition websites and the Saudi-owned al-Arabiya as saying that Tehran had already stopped 20% enrichment. Asafari had only signalled in his comments to Iran's Isna news agency that Iran would be ready to temporarily stop enrichment to 20% if sanctions were lifted.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ium-enrichment

    Gaurdian corrected a mistranslation. Iran offered concessions in exchange for lifting sanctions. So that more or less kills the idea that they're trying to keep Obama in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  13. #12253
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ium-enrichment

    Gaurdian corrected a mistranslation. Iran offered concessions in exchange for lifting sanctions. So that more or less kills the idea that they're trying to keep Obama in office.
    No it doesn't. It clearly shows that sanctions are working since they are clearly willing to negotiate. Iran is totally trying to support Obama's re-election.

  14. #12254
    It vindicates Obama's strategy at this time. Kalyyn was claiming that Iran was just trying to help Obama get reelected because he's weaker than Romney. That didn't stand up to reason then but even less so now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  15. #12255
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It vindicates Obama's strategy at this time. Kalyyn was claiming that Iran was just trying to help Obama get reelected because he's weaker than Romney. That didn't stand up to reason then but even less so now.
    I think it stands up for the exact same amount of reason whether they were cutting or would cut if sanctions were reduced. None. Iran is equally concerned with Obama as they are Romney as either one of them is likely going to get us into another war if the Iranian government doesn't stand down on the nuclear ambitions.

  16. #12256
    If they're equally concerned with Romney then why would they be doing this to keep Obama in office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  17. #12257
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If they're equally concerned with Romney then why would they be doing this to keep Obama in office?
    Because he and Ahmahowyoudoinajad have matching Muslim Brotherhood rings obviously.

  18. #12258
    I'm not sure you and I are on the same page here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  19. #12259
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'm not sure you and I are on the same page here.
    You can change your settings to show more posts on the same page.

  20. #12260
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You can change your settings to show more posts on the same page.
    I laughed incredibly hard at this. Best response ever whether intentional or not.

    We're on the same page Wells. It is beyond retarded to even imply that the Iranians are trying to influence the election.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •