Help my raid DPS

So I'm in a very casual guild (we will get our first normal deathwing kill this week) and I would like to eventually start attempting heroic mode fights after a few deathwing kills. However, a few of our DPS are, I feel, behind where they should be for their gear.

Long story short I ran WoL for the first time tonight, and wanted to get some help on from people who know more than me about mages and shadow priests. Here is a link to our Ultraxion kill.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i5oe5rzfyz80zih0/?s=7295&e=7559

I hope that is right link (new to using WoL), if it isn't please tell me what I need to link. Am I right in thinking they are lower than where they should be? Tips I can give them to improve would be great. And of course any tips for me would be great too!

Armory links for the mage/shadow priest

SPriest: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malorne/Basilla/simple

Mage: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malorne/Sinfulywiked/simple

Also ignore the DK Lybra, was just a body we brought in. And I can't post full links unfortunately, so you'll have to copy/paste them, sorry.
    Last edited by Frighten; 2012-02-02 at 08:44 AM.

I hate that my work place has blocked all battle.net sites so i can't check them out.

How come you are getting first DW this week? Your raid dps looks pretty good overall. Your mage and priest do ok dps, not the best but not the worst either. They still lack some raid buffs that would help them improve their dps. Can't judge if it's the gear or rotation that makes the rest because i can't check armory.

Overall opinion is that your raid has potential to kil heroics... With your raid dps it should take like 1,5-2h to completely clear normal mode, how come you don't have time in a week to kill DW? What's holding you back?

We haven't had the most consistent group showing up, always start late, raid 2 nights a week, all kinds of reasons. Something new every week. First month of DS, a few spots each week were random pugs out of trade just so we could raid at all. Lot of guild quit for SWTOR.

Their DPS isn't awful, but I worry it isn't nearly good enough for heroics.

Ah that sucks :/ your group clearly has potential. And you are correct, they have to do around 5k more if you want to kill hc ultraxion. But i can't give advice to spriest and mage so i can't help you alot here

Bumping this to the top since I posted it very late last night. Would really love some mages or shadow priests to chime in with some help <3

A few quick thoughts about the Shadow Priest:

- If she has T12 shoulders kicking around, activating the 2 T12 bonus at the expense of LFR shoulders would be a gain.
    - Kind of forgot about her execute. Only 2 SW (1 cast essentially).
    - Hitting Heroic Will a little early. Averaging 4 s per push (compared to 1.2 s for your warrior).

- Edit: Don't think I noticed any potion usage either.
    Last edited by Tinsoul; 2012-02-02 at 03:39 PM.

I'll have to look into her shoulders, I'm fairly sure she has T12 laying around. The potion usage wouldn't surprise me, with the nerfs and all I doubt anyone but myself (the warrior) bothered. Thank you for the help sir!

Deleted
    Take ret paladin to raid O.o!

That unholy death knight doing the same damage as the tank, how is it even possible? I'm not expert on DK dps, but from what I recall he should be using more Scourge- as opposed to Festering Strikes. Any way, have him check out a dps guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    That unholy death knight doing the same damage as the tank, how is it even possible? I'm not expert on DK dps, but from what I recall he should be using more Scourge- as opposed to Festering Strikes. Any way, have him check out a dps guide.
    That DK is a girlfriend of one of our raiders, and we had a spot with no one else on. Was either take her or 9 man it :P hence why I'm mainly asking about mage/shadow priest help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mage isn't gemming correctly - never use +hit gems and it should be int/mastery not int/haste for yellows. Buying the VP helm was a terrible waste of VP, particularly since the VP neck/cloak are BiS and the off-set for T13 should be either gloves or possibly shoulders since the heroic ones from morchok will be easy to obtain. Based on the number of BH and FL kills this isn't a new toon, but its not exalted with Therazane yet? That's just lazy. RoZ is and always has been a bad trinket, at the very least DMC:V would be a better option. Also, his glove/boot enchants are wrong.

Uptime on Ultraxion was as it should be, but CD usage could have been better. Its close, but with that fight length he could have gotten at least a partial 3rd AP/Mana Gem in there, and he didn't use a potion at all, let alone double potting. Morchok uptime is atrocious - Arcane isn't a movement friendly spec but the vast majority of movement on that fight can be done just by blinking so too much time shouldn't be lost. His uptime and CD usage could be better on other fights as well, and he never pots at all as far as I can tell. Also, it looks like he never once used Presence of Mind on any fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Your mage isn't gemming correctly - never use +hit gems and it should be int/mastery not int/haste for yellows. Buying the VP helm was a terrible waste of VP, particularly since the VP neck/cloak are BiS and the off-set for T13 should be either gloves or possibly shoulders since the heroic ones from morchok will be easy to obtain. Based on the number of BH and FL kills this isn't a new toon, but its not exalted with Therazane yet? That's just lazy. RoZ is and always has been a bad trinket, at the very least DMC:V would be a better option. Also, his glove/boot enchants are wrong.

Uptime on Ultraxion was as it should be, but CD usage could have been better. Its close, but with that fight length he could have gotten at least a partial 3rd AP/Mana Gem in there, and he didn't use a potion at all, let alone double potting. Morchok uptime is atrocious - Arcane isn't a movement friendly spec but the vast majority of movement on that fight can be done just by blinking so too much time shouldn't be lost. His uptime and CD usage could be better on other fights as well, and he never pots at all as far as I can tell. Also, it looks like he never once used Presence of Mind on any fight.
    Thank you for the good feedback! The potions I'm not worried about, regular mode stuff we already beat. But everything else makes sense and I appreciate you pointing it out.