Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Without writing a novel on any of them...

Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Despite him being such a whiny pansy in the start, he went through a lot of development and maturing as the story progressed, and dealt with and handled several decisions and had learned to stand up for himself and what not.

Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series

Just going to bunch these two together because I'm lazy right now. I basically like how resourceful they are, and their ability to adapt and take control of a situation.

There are some other characters, but yeah, this has just been a condensed and detail-lacking list. :P

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Smolderhorn View Post
    Zelda.

Because he taught me that no matter how many times I save the princess Bowser will just take her away again.
    Best post ever xD

Deleted
    The Soldier from TF2. Whenever I get hurt I always think "Pain is weakness leaving the body", and that makes the pain go away. Well, it does at least hurt less.

Deleted
    I do love Illidan's line: "Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!"

I find that quite inspirational and I like to reflect on it if I am feeling unsure about something I really want to do and I need a bit of a push to just go for it.

Honestly though, I can't think of any examples of video game characters that have truly inspired me but I have been incredibly touched by some of the journeys I have taken with some characters. Like the end of MGS3 when Eva explains the sacrifices the Boss made to do her duty and complete her mission. That made me ball my eyes out! (Metal Gear 3 Finale. Dammit Boss!)
    A lot of the Metal Gear series is really emotive and moving but it hasn't really inspired me directly, except perhaps acting as a catalyst for my interest in some military/political history, particularly the Cold War. Inspiring a drive to become more knowledgeable is actually pretty good I suppose!
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-02-06 at 01:22 AM.

Hmmm..
    My most inspiring computer game character comes from Starcraft, actually:

The Scouting SCV.
    Honestly, this guy gets sent deep into enemy territory, is completely expendable and often dies. He'll take on zerglings, and sometimes even zealots and marines, even though he cannot possibly win. This guy will walk into certain death just to get some info, throw down a proxy-barracks or a bunker rush, but he always ends up getting killed anyway.

The Scouting SCV's (short) life story is simple: We're little more than tools to be sent into any place that the one controlling us wants us to go... And we might grumble a bit, but here's the kicker: We're stupid enough to actually do it. We are more afraid of losing our jobs than we are of losing our lives, and we're too programmed to listen to orders to even consider rebellion. We are all SCV; the expendable workforce. Even Mules (working robots) are worth more than us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Breen, he was just trying to (perhaps misguidedly) make the best of a really bad situation. I loved some of his lines, especially You have destroyed so much, can you name even one thing that you have created?

Perhaps not inspiring (I don't feel compelled to make pacts with the combine), but he's one of the more memorable antagonists.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2012-02-06 at 02:32 AM.

Zelda.

Because he taught me that no matter how many times I save the princess Bowser will just take her away again.
    The nerd inside of me is raging hard. But, I'm keeping it at bay. I still don't know why Zelda insists on saving the princess. :/

Zelda.

This right here. He always saves her like Mario.

10+ Year Old Account

It's so simple.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Zelda.

that my friend, was just awesome! haha

Deleted
    Solid Snake ==> Whenever I am stuck and need to think out of the box!

Deleted
    My Avatar, Maxim, from Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. It is a game about a world about to be destroyed by Sinistrals (God-like beings) and Maxim, tries to fight them off, not because people tell him he is a prophet that is supposed to do so but because he believes that he has to because he wants to protect people deer to him.

<<<SPOILER ALERT>>>

In the end, he pays the ultimate price to do so.
    Last edited by mmoc2b6d4c9336; 2012-02-09 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post

It's so simple.
    I prefere the Quina one. "I do what I want, problem!?". xD

Found it.
    Last edited by Niku; 2012-02-06 at 11:01 AM.

2 major events.

When I lost Aeris in FF7, I was still young when I played it and I actually felt sorrow and lost when she was taken from me. First time in my life I lost someone I had connected to and felt real anger at the man responsible. It may sound minor and i've had real loses since but it was the moment in my life I had to comprehend that things don't last forever.

The second moment was the end of Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, I cried. When the ending played out it was still a concept that I was developing personally to put your country and pride before yourself. That moment is what installed my concept of joining the military and it took a few years to follow through but the concept of putting an idea before your life can be traced back to that.

The "Thief" games inspired me a ton, at one time. Mainly Thief 1 and 2. I just could never get enough of those games and would replay them over and over again. I loved exploring the world/levels to eavesdrop on npc conversations. It even got as far as me wanting to develop the game lore at one point because I felt it was so awesome.

Deleted
    Sora, Donald, Peter North!

Not a character in particular but most of them in The World Ends With You.
    Makes you feel like you can do this shit and that haters gonna hate.