Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, don't worry about it.

All you're seeing is rampant insecurity as the Q4 numbers disclosure nears.

Trust me when I say this, if they post more losses it's going to literally be 'abandon ship' for WoW. As I would imagine this makes a great deal of people uncomfortable across the hardline WoW scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Go to the official SWTOR forums and write something similar, just switch places of WOW and SWTOR.
    Enjoy the very damn same deluge.
    I am very well aware, and that is what I am trying to convey; this is not how it should be. A forum by definition is a place for discussion, critique, etc. Not a place to thrust your e-peen, or complain like spoiled children that insert-game-here isn't fun because it doesn't appeal to me, so NO one should enjoy it.

I far from enjoy this tide of locusts, but it does not bother me. I am more of just extremely curious why this is the way of things. Why this is the norm for society in internet culture. Why are "we" so spoiled, as gamers? I have always wondered that very question, and it was that thread in my OP that made me feel warranted to finally ask the question to the masses of this forum, using the post itself as a means to convey that.

I never intended to step on toes, but merely question something that people do not normally openly question; when did critique become synonymous with whine, opinion, and spoiled behavior.

EDIT: To the poster below me, I completely agree with you. The genre is extremely stagnant and critique is a wonderful thing that is hardly seen anymore. I understand it is natural for tempers to flare and people to become passionate, but to compare it to a recent WoW fiasco, it is no different than the behaviors between Horde and Alliance players.

The line between passion and outright attacking has become so blurred, and is little different than the fine line between opinionated comments, and actual critique in design flaws.

To put it in perspective, when you see artwork, let us use Alex Grey as an example do you look upon his art and say out loud "Wow! What shit! Look at this guy, he calls this "art"? I call it just plain crap!" stating your opinion as if it is a known fact, and then proceed to rally others to your cause? Or critique it using words to assist the artist with his process in future works, rather than just blame the artist and call shit, what he very well see's as a beautiful creation.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-02-02 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR deserves some bashing honestly, as does WoW and all the other top MMOs as well. The genre is so stagnant.

To hope and lobby for change in each game is fine, it's natural for tempers to flare and people get passionate about certain subjects.

If you want to see real harassment, go to swtor general forum and try to even mention wow or even mention the shortcomings of swtor. Man. It is a jungle. But anyway, people do not realize that us, consumers, should feel good having more than one good game. That creates competition. That will make BW be more serious and learn not to release unfinished products and blizzard not to be that arrogant and stop dumping down their product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly people have a castle mentality sometimes when it comes to other games. I've had my share of discussions with them as well, they would fanatically defend their gaming platform against intruders and heretics. Be it another MMO or simply another game, every game has to measure up with their favourite game or be deemed utter trash or failure. These little torquemadas usually see people playing other games as dangerous individuals as well. I won't name them here, but on EU bnet forums there are certain persons who literally dedicate their entire free time fending off critics and deviants of any kind with fervent rhetorics. I remember having a debate about GW2 with one of them, last time I had this kind of debate was when I got into a talk with a Jehova's witness. /sigh

It's a shame when gamers don't see games as games anymore.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

WoW and SWTOR are "basically" the same shit, if u like one how can u not like the other? i dont get it at all

Both very casual games, with huge fanbases, only difference is the setting, one is Sy-Fy the other is Fanatsy.

Considering the amount of hype and fanboy adoration SWTOR receives, I think this much hate isn't entirely unexpected. Seriously, every post of the "SWTOR SUCKS!" can easily be cancelled by "SWTOR IS THE BEST GAME EVA!"

One thing they are right about though is it's too early to gauge the retention rate and success of the game. I'd give it at least three months.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    If ignorance truely is bliss, then those morons attained spiritual Nirvana.

Anyway, don't read the forums, it'll just make you sad about humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I'd give it at least three months.
    The sad fact is that people always find a reason to wait another 3 months to pass judgement. For example, if TOR loses some subs, 1 group will start saying lol game died gg, while others will say some people left to check out some other game. If TOR gain subs 1 group will say it still is a "new" game and people are still under the hype, while others will claim that it is the best game ever.

Same thing goes for WoW and any other game. Will be interesting to see the Blizz Q4 thread and all the "discussion" it will bring.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    It baffles me, it really does. I doubt this is naming and shaming, as the posters names are for all to see, but people like Vorps especially just make it their lifes work to do nothing but bash SWTOR, and for what. Do these individuals feel betrayed because the game wasn't what they expected? Perhaps they feel insulted and teased by the fact the game is "just another MMO"? I truly do not understand it.
    He's just pissed off because games like Eve online, Swtor require more brain cells then a zombie, as you can see he has done LFR once and no hardmodes.

I would take what he says with a pinch of salt, guys like these don't want the easiest MMO content in history to die because he knows he doesn't need a brain to clear content since 4.3

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Vorps/simple

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    The sad fact is that people always find a reason to wait another 3 months to pass judgement. For example, if TOR loses some subs, 1 group will start saying lol game died gg, while others will say some people left to check out some other game. If TOR gain subs 1 group will say it still is a "new" game and people are still under the hype, while others will claim that it is the best game ever.

Same thing goes for WoW and any other game. Will be interesting to see the Blizz Q4 thread and all the "discussion" it will bring.
    That's why I said I'd give it three months. Then I would decide whether to keep a sub.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravel View Post
    He's just pissed off because games like Eve online, Swtor require more brain cells then a zombie, as you can see he has done LFR once and no hardmodes.
    You have just offended the entire EVE community. Congratulations, even I can't fit so much bullshit in one sentence.

That's why I said I'd give it three months. Then I would decide whether to keep a sub.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 08:08 AM ----------

You have just offended the entire EVE community. Congratulations, even I can't fit so much bullshit in one sentence.
    This is why I put Eve before SWTOR, SWTOR you can die a lot during questing to 50, wow you really don't even need to focus and pull multiple trash packs and still get through it while watching a movie.

Yes Eve Online community is the most intellectual out of them all. Rift also has a great community, very similar to wow in burning crusade.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    But why wait 3 months, does the game need to have high sub numbers for you to play it? You should give it 0 months and see if you are having fun in it or not. I'm sorry if i misunderstood you but to me what your saying is: "I'm not having much fun now but i expect that to change in 3 months so i will keep paying them and hope".
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    But why wait 3 months, does the game need to have high sub numbers for you to play it? You should give it 0 months and see if you are having fun in it or not. I'm sorry if i misunderstood you but to me what your saying is: "I'm not having much fun now but i expect that to change in 3 months so i will keep paying them and hope".
    I'm having fun leveling with my friend right now. We are 27 and just hit tatooine. I love the "single-player" aspect, but the MMO part is already starting to fall apart for us- for the last two play sessions for example we could fill a group to Mandalorian riders. I think we will get to 50, then MAYBE get imperial alts to 50 just to see the zones, then it really depends on the state of the game. If it's half-empty servers and it takes more than 20 minutes to get group for endgame - I'll drop my sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough* 2 months back swtor lovers did the same *cough*

I mean really do you people still dont know the modern mmo/gaming community? Its "standard" hating bashing etc. on other games and people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do not make SWTOR vs WoW threads. If people want to troll SWTOR in their environments, let them. Who cares. As long as they aren't coming into this section or onto SWTOR's forums it shouldn't infringe on your enjoyment of the game or community.