Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can already hear Kazzak screaming.... "NOT AGAIN!!!!"

I had no idea about the bug, but someone in general linked a recount from LFR of somebody doing 130k DPS and asked how that was possible. I thought it was just a bugged combat log or something. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have a chance to experience this awesomeness on my pally /sadface
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I didn't have a chance to experience this awesomeness on my pally /sadface
    Me neither, but I just heard that an alliance guild on my realm got Realm First DW by exploiting this bug. They even have the video of it on their site...
    Here's hoping they get banned.
    I understand Blizz won't ban every single Paladin, but getting a realm first because you exploited a bug is kinda bannable in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reckoning bomb v2

Windfury v2 as well
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's post made me lol so hard.

Just woooooooooow.

This and and the days of reckoning bombs will be forever remembered

Here's hoping the guilds that abused this to down heroic content get a ban and their achievements removed though.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-02-03 at 04:15 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    This and and the days of reckoning bombs will be forever remembered

Here's hoping the guilds that abused this to down heroic content get a ban and their achievements removed though.
    And people still complain about mages being OP dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    How is this possible? :O
    There was a bug introduced with the hotfix that caused Seal's to glitch, doing insane damage. The bug lasted anywhere from 20-minutes to a few hours, depending on your location, before Blizz fixed it. However, for that breif time Ret Paladin were doing 200k dps in LFR, and one-shotting entire groups of people with Divine Storm in BG's.

EDIT:
    An exploit is when you knowingly abuse a bug or otherwise unintended game mechanic in your favor. I hope that everyone who abused this to gain loot and acheivements receive bans and a lose of what ever they got.
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2012-02-03 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    There was a bug introduced with the hotfix that caused Seal's to glitch, doing insane damage. The bug lasted anywhere from 20-minutes to a few hours, depending on your location, before Blizz fixed it. However, for that breif time Ret Paladin were doing 200k dps in LFR, and one-shotting entire groups of people with Divine Storm in BG's.

EDIT:
    An exploit is when you knowingly abuse a bug or otherwise unintended game mechanic in your favor. I hope that everyone who abused this to gain loot and acheivements receive bans and a lose of what ever they got.
    thats exactly what will happen, and if you know specific people, hell ticket their asses
    "Don't eat yellow snow."

Posted by Catastrophe
    Is it truly selfish of me to not want to help someone I don't know at absolutely no benefit to myself?
    Aika kultaa muistot = Time goldens all memories

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    There are varying degrees of this. Sometimes what seems like an exploit gets the "clever use of game mechanics" response. First example that pops to mind is the way Invisibility used to grant immunity on effect. This was used by many to cheese things like Smouldering Devastation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry Im sure wol wont be plagued by ret paladins at the top for very long. Hope the WoL mods get to deleting all these failadins fast.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Me neither, but I just heard that an alliance guild on my realm got Realm First DW by exploiting this bug. They even have the video of it on their site...
    Here's hoping they get banned.
    I understand Blizz won't ban every single Paladin, but getting a realm first because you exploited a bug is kinda bannable in my opinion.
    I think bannable is a bit harsh, but getting your achievement / realm first taken away would be better.

Deleted
    Wouldn't a ret paladin instantly overaggro the tank and die anyway? Yes bubble once, and then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    Wouldn't a ret paladin instantly overaggro the tank and die anyway? Yes bubble once, and then?
    thats exactly what was happening in LFR with 2 ret paladins
    "Don't eat yellow snow."

Posted by Catastrophe
    Is it truly selfish of me to not want to help someone I don't know at absolutely no benefit to myself?
    Aika kultaa muistot = Time goldens all memories

Ah I wish I had logged on my Pally just to have some fun in BGs, not try to cheese anything but run around pretending I'm like Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors and decimating anyone and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Why the exact same copy of a Thread sometimes gets closed whilst at other times Moderators even contribute themselves.

Wot makes this thread more speshil than the others?
    I think it's funny they infracted the third post, no reason to do that really.

Nice ress though =p

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I think it's funny they infracted the third post, no reason to do that really.

Nice ress though =p
    Necromancer ftw!
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Necromancer ftw!
    Wasn't me lol, the post that ressed it disappeared...