problems with spine nurf

hey im currently in a guild which just started on H spine 10man this week but am having dps troubles normally i play affy so i am a bit rusty with demo which i understand. But am finding it really hard due to the fact that the amalgamations are dieing faster then be4 and not having mwc and demon soul up for tendon burn anyone know of what most locks are doing in this situation.

I'd say go with heavy haste build and prey for the Meta CD reduction procs.. And don't wait for DS/MWC for second Tendon.. Save it till last one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

also wondering what damage people are doing overall in the fight and each burn phase for the tendons? i have seen a heap of logs where locks have done 3-4million but was linked one from a guildy where the locks did 4 million damage over 4 tendon phases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I'd say go with heavy haste build and prey for the Meta CD reduction procs.. And don't wait for DS/MWC for second Tendon.. Save it till last one?
    Bad idea ... Going full haste will get you maybe 1 or 2 more fillers in between phases, far from enough to have a real impact on impending doom procs. Better stick to that 1993 haste cap and get a decent metamorphosis.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kargar View Post
    also wondering what damage people are doing overall in the fight and each burn phase for the tendons? i have seen a heap of logs where locks have done 3-4million but was linked one from a guildy where the locks did 4 million damage over 4 tendon phases.
    With perfect execution, I scale from 1M6 to 1M9 on one phase, while I can go as down as 1M2 with big mistakes.
    I've seen most locks doing from 1M to 1M2 and I see no reason why (our destrolock tried it as destro and was doing 1M-1M2 too !)
    Last edited by mmoc9f7067f3f9; 2012-02-02 at 06:28 PM.

You could always try to ingore dots and just try to spam SB on Amalgamation to get meta maybe back up before second tendon becomes available to DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Try going affliction for the fight then. Now with the nerf its probably the better spec. It was just as viable as demo in the right hands pre-nerf but now with a speedier kill it's possible you'll do more as affliction on tendons than demo at this point. You'll do much more to Amalgamations, provide Jinx, controlled AOE, better corruption dmg when resetting for rolls, consistency, self healing. All in all affliction is all pros and no cons for this fight. Of course though if you are bringing the 10% SP buff then I'd stick to demo but if you've been affliction for every other fight you should stay affliction.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by kargar View Post
    hey im currently in a guild which just started on H spine 10man this week but am having dps troubles normally i play affy so i am a bit rusty with demo which i understand. But am finding it really hard due to the fact that the amalgamations are dieing faster then be4 and not having mwc and demon soul up for tendon burn anyone know of what most locks are doing in this situation.
    If you are not having your cooldowns up in time for each plate lift, you might consider trying out destro since demo's burst is completely reliant on its cooldowns.

Side note: does anybody know how Bane of Havoc interacts with tendons if you pop it on before the tendon closes in the first lift?

@Palmz

Im interested in why you suggest Affliction for the tendons, what has the potential to make it better than demo? My group is starting Spine this week and i was preparing my Demo set but i would rather be Affliction.
    Please give me some tips.

what are yous doing to do so much damage to tendons yous useing the haste reforge or pure mastry and what rotation you useing for burn and trinkets?.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Side note: does anybody know how Bane of Havoc interacts with tendons if you pop it on before the tendon closes in the first lift?
    I would assume it gets cleared along with all other debuffs (since the tendon doesn't just stop taking damage right? It clears everything?) and would be a waste of a global.

Can't confirm though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I would assume it gets cleared along with all other debuffs (since the tendon doesn't just stop taking damage right? It clears everything?) and would be a waste of a global.

Can't confirm though
    I can tho, the target downright disappears, instead of just phasing out like magmaw did.

ya i noticed with the nerf demo isnt as good. i have full cds up on the 1st tendon phase, usually able to get it down to around 30%, then nothing is up for the 2nd lift except maybe meta. im gonna def go destro post nerf.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still inclined to believe that demo with all its cd's up for the first half and none for the last half (given that most guilds woking on H Spine can get the tendon to 30-35% on the first go now with the nerf) still does more overall tendon damage if the rotation is pulled off properly then destro or affliction will.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    I'm still inclined to believe that demo with all its cd's up for the first half and none for the last half (given that most guilds woking on H Spine can get the tendon to 30-35% on the first go now with the nerf) still does more overall tendon damage if the rotation is pulled off properly then destro or affliction will.
    i think destro would pull ahead with consistent burst dmg for both tendon lifts cuz as demo the 2nd lift you are basically useless
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meegosh View Post
    (our destrolock tried it as destro and was doing 1M-1M2 too !)
    He sucks and we know why : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...M2aNCGU#t=436s

Sérieux, c'est sérieux . Dark intent with the foreveralone face is pretty perfect.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2012-02-04 at 02:56 AM.