Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Keyboard Turner Shadowphase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Welcome Oblivion
    Posts
    4

    Getting prepared to heal yorshaj HM as Disc any tips

    just wondering what i should reforge into for hm yorshaj as disc my character is shadowphase from frostmourne ( cant post links) any advice would be wonderful thank you

  2. #2
    For 25m I was able to reforge completely out of spirit and regen via the void & personal cds while using a high mast/haste setup. If there was an incoming Blue*Purple*x combo I found it helpful to spam away my mana stacking up some quick DA on the tank before the oozes made it to him and deep corruption hits. Make sure to glyph and use PoM on cd during purple.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,807
    10 or 25m?

  4. #4
    Keyboard Turner Shadowphase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Welcome Oblivion
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for the advice Docta im currently healing 10man along with a holy pally, so i should go all out mastery and haste and drop crit as well?

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,807
    Don't bother reforging for just Yor. It hardly matters. What matters is how you heal it.

    -Get attonement spec and nuke the blobs to build stacks, and use AA after mana drain is done or when the black adds appear.
    -Use shadowfiend on the 1st blue phase and then kill the orb after the second orb spawns on the next blue phase one. Should you need to kill the blue orb, because the phase right after the 1st blue is the heroism phase, and you don't have full mana, and the phase after the heroism phase is another blue phase then use HoH.
    -Right before any phase spew out pws with inner will.
    -We assign me to grp1 and pala to grp2, so that our priority goes on different people, we still heal across groups. Tank is in grp1 with beacon and paladin using wog on him if he gets it. I shield the fixate targets on cd (even in purple) and just heal everyone else with penance/gh/pom. As long as the paladin isn't throwing other heals on the tank it should be fairly easy to avoid explosions, use LoH if 4 stacks and low health tank.
    -The purple debuff only lasts for 25 seconds, after which a new purple debuff is applied with 0 stacks.
    -Spew PoH/PWS on people in the heroism phase.
    -Remember to use PWB (especially if you don't have tank 4set bonus').
    -There's no shame in relying on boomkin tranqs or shadowpriest dh in the heroism phase.
    Last edited by Yilar; 2012-02-02 at 11:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Ellumina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Don't bother reforging for just Yor. It hardly matters. What matters is how you heal it.

    -Get attonement spec and nuke the blobs to build stacks, and use AA after mana drain is done or when the black adds appear.
    -Use shadowfiend on the 1st blue phase and then kill the orb after the second orb spawns on the next blue phase one. Should you need to kill the blue orb, because the phase right after the 1st blue is the heroism phase, and you don't have full mana, and the phase after the heroism phase is another blue phase then use HoH.
    -Right before any phase spew out pws with inner will.
    -We assign me to grp1 and pala to grp2, so that our priority goes on different people, we still heal across groups. Tank is in grp1 with beacon and paladin using wog on him if he gets it. I shield the fixate targets on cd (even in purple) and just heal everyone else with penance/gh/pom. As long as the paladin isn't throwing other heals on the tank it should be fairly easy to avoid explosions, use LoH if 4 stacks and low health tank.
    -The purple debuff only lasts for 25 seconds, after which a new purple debuff is applied with 0 stacks.
    -Spew PoH/PWS on people in the heroism phase.
    -Remember to use PWB (especially if you don't have tank 4set bonus').
    -There's no shame in relying on boomkin tranqs or shadowpriest dh in the heroism phase.
    BE CAREFUL IF YOU PICK UP ATONEMENT!! I suggest picking up Evangelism and Archangel WITHOUT Atonement, because each Holy Fire healing tick will stack if it's purple. I have killed someone on accident and wiped us due to a Holy Fire before, but I still wanted to DPS and use Archangel during downtime.

  7. #7
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    232
    Pre-bubble people if purple phase is incoming. DO NOT use Tranq, Hymn, etc during purple. Keep mending up on CD. Use HoH after the first mana void comes down.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    BE CAREFUL IF YOU PICK UP ATONEMENT!! I suggest picking up Evangelism and Archangel WITHOUT Atonement, because each Holy Fire healing tick will stack if it's purple. I have killed someone on accident and wiped us due to a Holy Fire before, but I still wanted to DPS and use Archangel during downtime.
    I use Atonement on this fight just fine. The only thing you need to remember is let the Holy Fire dot fall off before Purple goes active.

    Tips to keep in mind:

    Glyph Prayer of Mending, keep it on cooldown. It causes zero stacks. Abuse Grace wherever/whenever possible. Grace + Archangel = lolz when it comes to maximizing your Heal per cast (or per debuff, take your pick). During a purple phase, don't rely on shield, don't even bother casting it. It's lower output than a non-buffed, non-crit Greater Heal. But shield before it goes out (toss out a Renew too while you're at it, if you're tank healing).

    Maximize your Archangel usage. I usually DPS the mana void inbetween phases, help twiddle it down a bit further without having to move. Archangel is not only 5% mana up for grabs when you need it (any blue) but it really is the only way to make it through some of the harder hitting stuff coming at your face in the red/yellow combo, or to just have enough healing going out per cast in any purple variant.

    If damage during purple is managable, toss out a Mind Spike here and there. Keep your smites for healing inbetween phases, whether you smite an ooze or the boss.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Ellumina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I use Atonement on this fight just fine. The only thing you need to remember is let the Holy Fire dot fall off before Purple goes active.
    I don't actually heal this fight (I did when we tried 3 healing it a while back) but I just remembering how much it sucked when we would have a bunch of purples in a row and not being able to smite freely when all I wanted was Archangel. I'm not against your suggestion of just sticking with Atonement, but I just wanted to mention my preference as well since it's an option to be able to smite without worries and to be able to have a decent Archangel uptime during Purple phase.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I don't actually heal this fight (I did when we tried 3 healing it a while back) but I just remembering how much it sucked when we would have a bunch of purples in a row and not being able to smite freely when all I wanted was Archangel. I'm not against your suggestion of just sticking with Atonement, but I just wanted to mention my preference as well since it's an option to be able to smite without worries and to be able to have a decent Archangel uptime during Purple phase.
    I goofed my first time doing this fight as Discipline, because I had Holy Fire blow up the tanks within 3 seconds (I think someone else tossed a HoT a GCD too late, as well).

    A little embarassing, but I just learn to manage the second half of it without Archangel. It'd be nice, but meh. Respeccing specifically for an encounter that's not that difficult isn't particularily in anyone's best interests.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #11
    Keyboard Turner Shadowphase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Welcome Oblivion
    Posts
    4
    alrighty thanks for all the advice going to start raiding soon and we shall see how we go ^_^.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I don't actually heal this fight (I did when we tried 3 healing it a while back) but I just remembering how much it sucked when we would have a bunch of purples in a row and not being able to smite freely when all I wanted was Archangel. I'm not against your suggestion of just sticking with Atonement, but I just wanted to mention my preference as well since it's an option to be able to smite without worries and to be able to have a decent Archangel uptime during Purple phase.
    Well I do heal this, and that's why I suggested only dps'ing the blobs, as the purple debuff will generally run out 3-4 seconds after you've begun killing it, naturally you should be carefull with holy fire. Respeccing back and forth is a huge timesink, you should be able to do this with attonement spec as long as you don't fuck up.

    I just run with This Spec for all fights now for 10m heroic 8/8.
    Last edited by Yilar; 2012-02-03 at 09:37 AM.

  13. #13
    I've only healed the 25m heroic version of this but I don't think atonement is necessary if dps isnt lacking. I would just get strength of soul and train of thought and make sure to inner focus on cooldown. Preshield everyone if its a blue phase because you'll lose all your mana anyways. For purple phases use your shield/greater heal and you should be able to keep 1 group up by yourself without getting everyones purple stacks too high. For non-purple phases I would just throw a few shields on low people and spam POH.

    The fight can be annoying to heal because healers arent used to having to hold their heals, and if you're not focusing someone can easily blow up with 5 stacks and then its usually a wipe depending on how low everyone was when it occurred.

  14. #14
    To answer your question specifically, I have healed Yor'sahj hc both as heavy mastery and heavy haste/crit. The difference between the two was unoticeable for me, so I'd say you can go with whichever forge you feel the most comfortable with.

    As for the fight, the healing style really depends on which blobs you are going for in each phase, and even from that point it is a lot RNG. Sometimes the fight feels as easy as normal mode, and other weeks it feels sluggish and straining. This has to do with a lot of different things, like which comobs the RNG-gods bless you with and who the black adds decides to focus. We often get 2x red - yellow - black phases, as we kill the purple add in that one, and the green in the other. This is fine for us, as we don't have a problem with healing through both sets of adds. So the problems in healing the fight will greatly vary between guilds depending on their choice of blob-kill.

    There is not much advice to be given outside of that, other than to always call out when you need a mana void killed, to use your barrier during red - yellow - black and to not wipe the raid during purple. All those tips are kinda obvious though. Good luck to you anyways, I'm sure you will have a good time and (a nice kill!

  15. #15
    If possible get some assistance from the dps to pop healing cooldowns if they have any during Red, Black, Yellow and make sure people are killing those adds even if they have to single target them down.

    As for reforging you shouldn't need too much spirit but there isn't really much point reforging just for this fight as you can either kill him or you don't having more stats shouldn't make that much of a difference.

  16. #16
    With a Holy Paladin, I recommend going Holy Priest. This way he can beacon the tank, and you keep Renew, and your Mastery rolling on the him also, while you provided the single target GHeals on the tank.

    If you do insist on doing this as Disc, a Haste/Mastery build would be the best.

    The key to the fight is everyone using their personal CDs. And hybrids using their healing spells to help out in the high burst phases (none purple).
    Boom/Feral can Tranq,
    Shadow can Hymn (when no adds are up, as they are still being interrupted)
    Shamans can drop Healing Rain.

    Wont say much else, as it has already been stated.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

  17. #17
    The spec and stats reforging doesn't matter. Just have good assignments and use CDs smartly and you'll be fine. The fight never requires a very high healing output except a few phases where you use cooldowns.

  18. #18
    I tank heal this fight on 10H as holy and have no real issues. Know when to use GS, and don't be afraid to detonate the tank if a huge DoT stack is ticking and the raid is at full health when the purple phase is nearly over. The raid can be topped off while they go DPS the next ooze with leisure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    The spec and stats reforging doesn't matter. Just have good assignments and use CDs smartly and you'll be fine. The fight never requires a very high healing output except a few phases where you use cooldowns.
    Agreed, from a healing perspective the fight is more about keeping to assignments and controlled restraint than actual legwork. I've found some of the meta achievements for DS rougher to heal than this.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    The spec and stats reforging doesn't matter. Just have good assignments and use CDs smartly and you'll be fine. The fight never requires a very high healing output except a few phases where you use cooldowns.
    ^ this, nothing else to add.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Don't bother reforging for just Yor. It hardly matters. What matters is how you heal it.
    I've completely reforged out of spirit for something else, standing at 1.9k spirit atm... and I've got zero mana issues for 10m HCs.




    Nothing to add really that hasn't been mentioned a few times already... regardless, the key issue for this fight is to familiarise yourself with the debuffs, ensuring you never hit a stack of 5 on someone. Once you are, this boss is a walk in the park.

    And I suggest getting a Rapture proc timer to make the most out of it, if you ain't yet.

    If you're using an attonement spec, always have a stack of 5 ready for when the nasty combo crops up... the one that requires BL usually, and spam like mad!
    Last edited by BeerWolf; 2012-02-04 at 05:42 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •