Thread: Crafting perks

  1. #1

    Crafting perks

    Are there any perks specific to different crew skills such as reusable stims and medpacs that are only usable if you have biochem?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer shadowkras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,011
    Perks? No.
    There are bound on pickup crafted gear.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

    www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    4,303
    I heard on a podcast that there are certain advantages. Such as if you're making stims constantly sooner or later you can get a new recipe that allows you to make a reusable stim for yourself, same can be said for medpac's.

    I believe the subject was touched on the latest episode of The Cantina Band podcast, although it might have been the episode prior. I listen to far too many podcasts.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer shadowkras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,011
    I heard on a podcast that there are certain advantages. Such as if you're making stims constantly sooner or later you can get a new recipe that allows you to make a reusable stim for yourself, same can be said for medpac's.
    Yes, Biochem purple recipes are "reusable potions", which i believe the OP already knew, given his wording.
    But no other profession has that kind of extra perks, they just can make gear that cant be traded (like artifice can make 4 different lv50 relics). Other than that, its just the accessibility of gear, cybertech gets earpieces early on, biochem also gets implants earlier, artifice allows modifying the color of your weapons at will, etc.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

    www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I heard on a podcast that there are certain advantages. Such as if you're making stims constantly sooner or later you can get a new recipe that allows you to make a reusable stim for yourself, same can be said for medpac's.
    Well this isn't exactly accurate... You need to reverse engineer a premium (green color) stims, med units / medpacs, or adrenals to get the schematic for it's prototype version, which you then need to craft and reverse enough times to get the artifact schematic, which then is the reusable version.

    The premium and prototype versions can be used by anyone (the prototype versions of the medpacs / med units are actually better than the artifact ones, since they give a HoT as well as the heal), but they're consumables. The artifact version, the reusable one, requires biochem to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Yes, Biochem purple recipes are "reusable potions", which i believe the OP already knew, given his wording.
    But no other profession has that kind of extra perks, they just can make gear that cant be traded (like artifice can make 4 different lv50 relics). Other than that, its just the accessibility of gear, cybertech gets earpieces early on, biochem also gets implants earlier, artifice allows modifying the color of your weapons at will, etc.
    Artifice doesn't exactly allow you to modify the color of your weapon "at will", but rather you craft color crystals, which you then use on your weapons. You can buy those color crystals from the GTN or trade them, though. Other professions do have similar perks as well, in that they've got high level BoP gear, and cybertech has grenades which require cybertech to use.
    Last edited by Sydänyö; 2012-02-02 at 06:55 PM.
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome gualdhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    679
    From end game perspective:

    Artifice gets relics that are slightly better than Rakata gear (not as much of a jump as I'd like to be honest)
    Cybertech gets reusable, off-global grenades that can do damage, stun, or have some other effects
    Armormech and Synthweaving get BoP Armor that rival set pieces in regular stats, but obviously don't have set bonuses
    Biochem gets reusable stims and adrenals

    I'm not quite sure what Armstech gets special to be honest, I'm not as familiar with that one.

    And of course they all can find special recipes lying around, though I've yet to see any drop for artifice except the magenta crystal recipes.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

  7. #7
    Armormech and synthweaving also don't have as much durability decay as someone who doesnt. I spent a full night last night in a raid (Roughly 4 hours) and only repaired once, and I wasnt even broken when I did repair. They're more hidden perks than anything...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Armormech and synthweaving also don't have as much durability decay as someone who doesnt. I spent a full night last night in a raid (Roughly 4 hours) and only repaired once, and I wasnt even broken when I did repair. They're more hidden perks than anything...
    Yep. I didn't realize this until I started raiding. Most of my members were talking about having to repair, and my gear wasn't that low yet. At the end of the night, some said they had 40k-60k repairs, mine was around 15k.
    This signature contains no longer contains any links to helpful and useful ToR related websites, like it once did.
    Advertisements for non-beneficial and/or non-World of Warcraft related websites,
    businesses and/or organisations are not allowed on MMO-Champion.

    Because of the added game sections, please consider adjusting this rule to reflect links within those games sections.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    From end game perspective:

    Artifice gets relics that are slightly better than Rakata gear (not as much of a jump as I'd like to be honest)
    Cybertech gets reusable, off-global grenades that can do damage, stun, or have some other effects
    Armormech and Synthweaving get BoP Armor that rival set pieces in regular stats, but obviously don't have set bonuses
    Biochem gets reusable stims and adrenals

    I'm not quite sure what Armstech gets special to be honest, I'm not as familiar with that one.

    And of course they all can find special recipes lying around, though I've yet to see any drop for artifice except the magenta crystal recipes.
    Armstech gets nothing. Never seen a drop recipe for any profession other than cybertech either.

    Awesome sig by the mighty Voix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •