Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Resto] Trinket help needed.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i couldn't find any information.

So tonight my guild wants me to heal. I am a boomkin and as a boomkin i have Insigia of the corrupted mind heroic. My trinkets as a resto druid are Tsunami and the reputation trinket from FL. My question is should i use insigia instead of the rep trinket and time the CD with power aura or something and moonfire every 2 minutes or so.

In my oppinion the insigia is actually even better than the healing trinket with equivalent stats and proc because you can decide when to proc it since you don't normally moonfire as a resto if you know what i mean ^^.

Use tsunami and the insignia, you are correct that is nice and actually preferred by some Druids. The addon "needtoknow" is great for icds, but yeh PA can be made to do something similar.

Not to hijack your thread, but I also have a resto trinket question. I just came back to the game and there is only the 1 healing trinket out of the HoT 5 mans...what should I do for the other one? LFR obviously...but should I pony up and buy the valor one? They all seem pretty bad to me.

Does Insignia proc of DoT ticks? If not you could end up spamming damage spells several times before it procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Facetoface View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but I also have a resto trinket question. I just came back to the game and there is only the 1 healing trinket out of the HoT 5 mans...what should I do for the other one? LFR obviously...but should I pony up and buy the valor one? They all seem pretty bad to me.
    Core of Ripeness is still decent and the one from Avenger's of Hyjal rep is alright too. And likely better than the VP trinket.

Deleted
    VP and Firelands rep trinkets are total garbage for resto. Well spirit one is some use, but it's still mediocre.
    Some T11 trinkets are better.
    I did not even bother to use it while we ran FL. But i have been lucky with HC Jaws from HC Domo.
    Foul Gift of the Demon Lord is a decent trinket - gives approx +8% mastery when procs. And it does procs quite often.
    Nice amount of passive intellect makes it usable in both your specs.
    From raids try to get Windward Heart as your main trinketand Heart of Unliving as your mana regen trinket.
    Alternatively you can persuade your guildies to run Firelands and kill Majordomo on HC mode - with amount of DPS today, he is just as easy as in normal mode+HC neck from him has even more mastery (and the same int) than neck from HC Morchok.
    Jaws of Defeat are still viable mana regen trinket, with amount of passive intelect surpassing even HC Heart of Unliving.
    Last edited by mmocd0826a5fa6; 2012-02-03 at 09:17 AM.

Does Insignia proc of DoT ticks?
    No, and the proc rate is low enough (15%) that you can't reliably use it as resto unless you really don't need to heal before you need the haste proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    No, and the proc rate is low enough (15%) that you can't reliably use it as resto unless you really don't need to heal before you need the haste proc.
    Wrong ! It does proc from dots i tried it out and happily healed zon ozz heroic it was very useful for me because we spread on black phase and the haste from insigia heroic helped me a lot every other black phase. It may not tick from the first but for the full duration of IS or MF it will proc once

Quote Originally Posted by Krav View Post
    Wrong ! It does proc from dots i tried it out and happily healed zon ozz heroic it was very useful for me because we spread on black phase and the haste from insigia heroic helped me a lot every other black phase. It may not tick from the first but for the full duration of IS or MF it will proc once
    Every post I have seen about this trinket says you are incorrect. It has been posted on multiple threads and multiple forums (EJ) that it does not proc from dot ticks.

Also..you just contradicted yourself..you say it may not tick from the first but for the full duration of IS or MF it will proc once. That is accurate. It does not tick from the DoT ticks which was the question, it does however tick from the initial application which does not make it valuable. You'd have to spam MF/IS to get the trinket up which is not worth it according to math done. Other trinkets are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    VP and Firelands rep trinkets are total garbage for resto. Well spirit one is some use, but it's still mediocre.
    Some T11 trinkets are better.
    I did not even bother to use it while we ran FL. But i have been lucky with HC Jaws from HC Domo.
    Foul Gift of the Demon Lord is a decent trinket - gives approx +8% mastery when procs. And it does procs quite often.
    Nice amount of passive intellect makes it usable in both your specs.
    From raids try to get Windward Heart as your main trinketand Heart of Unliving as your mana regen trinket.
    Alternatively you can persuade your guildies to run Firelands and kill Majordomo on HC mode - with amount of DPS today, he is just as easy as in normal mode+HC neck from him has even more mastery (and the same int) than neck from HC Morchok.
    Jaws of Defeat are still viable mana regen trinket, with amount of passive intelect surpassing even HC Heart of Unliving.
    the guy was asked to heal temporaly so he prob needed a quick healing trinket, doing heroic domo isnt the quickest way....i mean just buy the vendor one from the Justice point and valor one or use the insignia and valor or JP. So u have any tier piece for resto like t12 or LFR t13 or normal t13? also do u have experience healing as a resto druid? if you don't do u atleast know a little bit?

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Every post I have seen about this trinket says you are incorrect. It has been posted on multiple threads and multiple forums (EJ) that it does not proc from dot ticks.

Also..you just contradicted yourself..you say it may not tick from the first but for the full duration of IS or MF it will proc once. That is accurate. It does not tick from the DoT ticks which was the question, it does however tick from the initial application which does not make it valuable. You'd have to spam MF/IS to get the trinket up which is not worth it according to math done. Other trinkets are better.
    \

i have the trinket and yes it procs off moonfire, not the DOTS but the initial dmg of it, go do moonfire on a dummy you'll see a initial DMG then rest is DoT's, i have used this trinket and will definetly test it out again.

i mean ill use the insignia if there is NO way of getting any healing trinket. Also u can try to cast 1 wrath then spam 2 or 3 moonfire only takes prob less then 5 sec? maybe 6 sec at most...

oh wait u said u had 2 healing trinkets just use the tsuami and rep FL trinket, atleast u got good amount of spirit...try to reforge to rep trinket from FL to haste or watever stats u need....if u was a moonkin u should be atleast 2005 haste as resto, so im guessing reforge it to mastery.
    Last edited by coolye; 2012-02-03 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted

And yet again i am sitting in front of the dummy using only one IS and it procs in the middle of the duration. Strange but it doesn't matter.

the guy was asked to heal temporaly so he prob needed a quick healing trinket, doing heroic domo isnt the quickest way....i mean just buy the vendor one from the Justice point and valor one or use the insignia and valor or JP. So u have any tier piece for resto like t12 or LFR t13 or normal t13? also do u have experience healing as a resto druid? if you don't do u atleast know a little bit?
    I have 2p t12 heroic and 1p t13 normal resto chest since i use it for boomkin and 1 LFR gloves. And yeah i managed to be main spec as all druid specs during this expansion so i know how to heal as a resto i don't really need the spirit i can manage my mana. And yeah i am already going for the 2005 haste cap although i find it hard to manage to keep it that little without having to reforge the gear i share with boomkin (Relic, Cloak, Boots, Belt, Wrist, t13 chest, weapon, off-hand) but i managed to get it down to like 2012 haste so it doesn't matter :P
    Last edited by mmoc78d8db6429; 2012-02-03 at 07:06 PM.

Well then you need to hang out at more reliable sites.

This not even close to new information, just like its healing twin which works with hots, it procs off dots.

The funniest part is when someone tells you straight up they just used it that way , you still tell them they are wrong because you "read a post at baddies.com" lmao, get over yourself and stop giving bad information when you have no experience on the subject.

This trinket is one of the best for a resto once your DPS all have theirs...
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-02-03 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post

This not even close to new information, just like its healing twin which works with hots, it procs off dots.

The funniest part is when someone tells you straight up they just used it that way , you still tell them they are wrong because you "read a post at baddies.com" lmao, get over yourself and stop giving bad information when you have no experience on the subject.

Okay, thank you think ill stick with the insgia heroic because it worked out very very nice on zon ozz heroic i was a bit scared because that was the first "real" heroic i had to heal as an off spec and that haste really helped me to keep up my 3 targets on black phase

Just the intellect alone makes it very nice compared to the alternatives, especially the 517 on the heroic one. On a predictable fight like Zon'ozz, you have plenty of time to set up the proc, it is really solid there.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-02-03 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krav View Post
    And yet again i am sitting in front of the dummy using only one IS and it procs in the middle of the duration. Strange but it doesn't matter.

I have 2p t12 heroic and 1p t13 normal resto chest since i use it for boomkin and 1 LFR gloves. And yeah i managed to be main spec as all druid specs during this expansion so i know how to heal as a resto i don't really need the spirit i can manage my mana. And yeah i am already going for the 2005 haste cap although i find it hard to manage to keep it that little without having to reforge the gear i share with boomkin (Relic, Cloak, Boots, Belt, Wrist, t13 chest, weapon, off-hand) but i managed to get it down to like 2012 haste so it doesn't matter :P
    i do the same, my resto stats goes perfectly with my boomy, just gotta swap the tier gears and trinket, i was hit capped and got 2800 haste. My druid name is Coolye - Eitrigg if u wanna check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post

I discovered the issue here. Insignia does proc off dot ticks. I was thinking of will of the unbinding which does not proc off dot ticks.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-02-03 at 09:25 PM.

Forgive me master, I was not aware you were smarter than the people at EJ. I apologize. Please forgive me for my terrible ways. I bow before your infinite wisdom.
    like the spirit version of WoU, when ever i do LB, each LB gives me 1 stack(the ticks doesnt) 2nd stack of LB gives me another spirit stack. Its the initial heals or dmg. DoT's will not proc ur trinket. Im pretty sure cause if it did, then it would be super OP for WoU or the spirit stacking one. There is a addon for the cd on trinkets so if u guys wanna test it out go ahead.
    Last edited by coolye; 2012-02-03 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolye View Post
    like the spirit version of WoU, never i do LB, each LB gives me 1 stack(the ticks doesnt) 2nd stack of LB gives me another spirit stack. Its the initial heals or dmg. DoT's will not proc ur trinket. Im pretty sure cause if it did, then it would be super OP for WoU or the spirit stacking one.
    Please see updated info. I was thinking of a different trinket than what the OP stated.

I discovered the issue here. Insignia does proc off dot ticks. I was thinking of will of the unbinding which does not proc off dot ticks.
    I liked the version where I was your master and smarter than the people at EJ better.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolye View Post
    like the spirit version of WoU, when ever i do LB, each LB gives me 1 stack(the ticks doesnt) 2nd stack of LB gives me another spirit stack. Its the initial heals or dmg. DoT's will not proc ur trinket. Im pretty sure cause if it did, then it would be super OP for WoU or the spirit stacking one. There is a addon for the cd on trinkets so if u guys wanna test it out go ahead.
    Pro-tip: WG stacks one for each target.
    And yeh, if we could use the intellect stacking one it would be very very nice. But it is too big of a waste of GCDs to keep up.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-02-03 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me why windward heart trinket is crap for druids if you only have foul gift trinket and vp haste trinket?

Any kinda of data is welcome ...

I am really angry about some harrasment i got from 2 so called elitist in a pug raid last night about passing windward heart trinket to shaman because "its not good for your crap class,retard" .

Windward heart is BiS for resto druids as for any other healer. It's insanely good, everyone stating otherwise is a noob.

I wonder why do you even argue in pugs about loot. If an item is an upgrade for you, you roll on it. That's the whole principle of pug raiding. If they don't like it, tell them to run with a guild.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids