Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Best 25 man loot system?

Hi everyone,

My 10 man guild recently merged with the other top 10 man on our server in an attempt to progress in 25 man raiding. I was thinking of doing epgp or something like that because that seems to be the most fair. I'm looking for your opinions on the matter and what addons you guys prefer!

Thanks all!

Deleted
    There is no "most fair" system, they all have theirs ups and downs. For example EPGP awards attendance very well but it never takes into account how big of an upgrade an item is or how much the raider deserves it. It's purely an attendance based system so I never liked it.

Personally I've always preferred a well run loot council over anything else, but on the flip side a poorly run loot council is worse than any other system so it really depends on what your officers are like. For 25m if you don't want to do loot council then what I like best is a bidding DKP, it still awards attendance with DKP the same way EPGP awards attendance but at least with that system you can choose how much DKP you want to spend so that you focus on items that are big upgrades for you.

Getting into more detail, whether you do regular bidding or a one round blind bid is up to you. I've used both and they both worked fine for me, I enjoyed both of them much much more than EPGP.

Deleted
    Suicide Kings ftw

Casual or Progressive? Loot Council for progressive and roll, epgp, dkp for casual.

I've always preferred when everyone actually acted like an adult and and just talked it out. Sadly that doesn't occur very often. :P

I have always loved epgp. It is transparent, unbiased, rewards attendance/performance, and make it much easier to rotate bench people in for fights (if someone knows they don't have pri for the one item they need from a boss they don't mind sitting out for a bench player who does have pri and needs something).
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Probably an EPGP or DKP system. That way you dont see gear that would have been very useful on a veteran raider disappear when someone who is 'less of a veteran' decides to gquit and join another guild. Not saying that is going to happen to you guys, i am merely saying an EPGP or DKP system seems to work best for 25m.

Also i am a bit biased as i HATE loot council, with a passion. Unless your council arent real life friends or even really good WOW friends i guess it could work out.

Loot council is best for any guild really; long as the officers are semi-competent.

Casual guild can benefit from just open roll (taking MS > OS into account) though as they often have to pug to fill slots.

I adore a fair and well managed loot council system, but those are so rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say EPGP

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Lootcouncil with competent people on it.

EPGP is what killed my old guild in WOTLK

I voted for loot council

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    EPGP is what killed my old guild in WOTLK

I voted for loot council
    You guild was killed because of incompetent leadership.

EPGP is the best system for casual/semi-hardcore guilds.

Loot council ruined much more guilds than any kind of dkp system.

Deleted
    Never been in a guild with a loot council, cause I believe this system fails to human greed.

Static DKPs suck, cause it makes new people impossible to reach veterans. In WotLK I joined a semi hardcore guild with static dkps at the beginning of ulduar and I didn't manage to reach veterans at all though I had 90% raid presence (not in uld nhc hc, icc nhc hc).

Bidding DKP also fails to human greed imo. Been to several guilds with this system but people tend to bid at high price, even though it is clear that they don't need it.

EPGP is the most fair system imo, cause it isn't involved in human greed but its also fairly easy to reach the veterans due to decay..

used epgp in wotlk. worked fine.

there are no arguments. if someone has more points than you, they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    You guild was killed because of incompetent leadership.

EPGP is the best system for casual/semi-hardcore guilds.

Loot council ruined much more guilds than any kind of dkp system.
    actually, it was because of ppl who saved DKP for fat lewt that killed my guild, our guild leader was awesome i must say but he couldnt do anythin against incompetent raiders. When they got enough gears and loot, they didnt show up anymore then we had to struggle to fight LK HM with a roster included undergeared trials.

after my guild disbanded, I joined a progression guild (around top 300 world at that time), they used loot council and it works very well, ppl loot whatever are upgrades for them and didnt think about saving DKP. It makes progression easier as we always have upgrades to dps and healing and tanking.

but still I have to admit, the problem is about people's behavior, not loot system.

No matter what system you pick they all have flaws. Both DKP and LC have killed guilds I was in. However I will say LC worked the best.

Loot Council ONLY if the officers arent corrupt. from what i've known dkp or any point system there tend to be people that exploit it.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-05-14 at 01:28 AM.

Loot Council

If your leaders cannot handle a proper loot distribution in:

a) BiS item distribution
    b) Biggest raid utility upgrade (which increases the raid performance to progress onto the next fight)

Slap them.