2 computer builds, which one to buy?

Budget: ~2300-2500 USD
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Games / Settings Desired: WoW, Swtor and future games like Tera, GW2. All settings maxed out.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Fraps videos of gameplay/boss kills.
    Parts that can be reused: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, 2TB Seagate HD and Windows 7.

I have 2 computers in mind. The main difference is the CPU and the Motherboard.

Computer 1:

Video Card: Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K OC to 4.4 GHz
    CPU Fan: Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling in push-pull
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3-1866
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD
    PSU: 850W Corsair 80 Plus Gold PSU
    Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower

You can find this computer on NCIX, if you click Buy a PC or look on youtube for NCIX Vesta R2.

Note that I would customize this computer and remove the 2TB HD as well as Windows 7, which would put this computer at ~$2230.

Computer 2:

Video Card: Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K Processor
    CPU Fan: Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] (doesn't say what brand or model). ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
    RAM: 16 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 Memory (Doesn't say what Corsair model)
    SSD: 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD
    PSU: 850 Watt Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2
    Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922

This computer would come to $2328 with that set up and Professional wiring + Special package system for delivery.

Note that this computer is from Ibuypower.

The prices are very close together with about $100 difference. To me it's mainly the motherboard and the CPU that's very different.

Which computer would you buy if you picked either one, which one is better and more secure for future gaming? Or would you pick a completely different one for about the same price?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by crawler33; 2012-02-02 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    The first should be very slightly better in gaming when not recording (marginally) - but it costs way too much for what you actually get in my opinion. Scaling back to a 2500k processor, and replacing that in 3 months with a IvyBridge processor should still be both more economically efficient, along with giving you better performance (after the upgrade). The loss until then is effectively ignorable for games. Furthermore, watercooling is hardly a necessity - and only serves to increase the cost of the system. If I'm understanding right, the GPU, which could actually use it, doesn't have it. And of course, you'd need to redo the watercooling system if you wished to exchange the GPU. (A fair bit more complex than swapping an air cooler)

The second however is better at compute heavy jobs, and I would assume gaming with recording. X79 also permits running larger crossfire/SLI configurations, and anything else that simply requires more PCI-E lanes. It is based on Intel's enthusiast/highend series, while the first is the consumer line.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2012-02-02 at 10:15 PM.

just buy the parts and build it yourself, companies such as ibuypower charge you a lot for them building it.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranth View Post
    just buy the parts and build it yourself, companies such as ibuypower charge you a lot for them building it.
    I've heard that a lot, about building it yourself to save money but at this point I would rather spend a few more hundred dollars to get a professional to build it for me than me building it for the first time and potentially screwing it up.

I'm not really worried too much about the price, anything up to $2500 is fine. I'm just looking for the best purchase for that kind of money, a computer that is the most future proof without needing an upgrade within a year or 2. I realize that computer tech advanced very fast and that any computer bought now won't be top notch after a year or 2 but that being said, I want to be as close to that as possible with this budget.

I'm leaning for the first one, but only because it has a 80+ Gold rated PSU and a Corsair Case which blows the HAF 912 looks out of the water.
    CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0) // Corsair AX650 // Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB // Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H WB // Intel 3570K // [HEATSINK?] // Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB // Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC
    Dell U2312HM // Logitech Z313 // Logitech C525 // Steelseries Sensei // Steelseries Shift

Looking at the vesta R2....i don't see a way to customize it...<.< So not entirely sure how you would take out the 2TB and windows 7...or really even sure why you would
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crawler33 View Post
    I've heard that a lot, about building it yourself to save money but at this point I would rather spend a few more hundred dollars to get a professional to build it for me than me building it for the first time and potentially screwing it up.

I'm not really worried too much about the price, anything up to $2500 is fine. I'm just looking for the best purchase for that kind of money, a computer that is the most future proof without needing an upgrade within a year or 2. I realize that computer tech advanced very fast and that any computer bought now won't be top notch after a year or 2 but that being said, I want to be as close to that as possible with this budget.
    I heard that a lot, too... but from the other side.
    Here's the deal, though: going for a top notch machine (like it seems you're looking for) will result that you could have had a comparable system for a lot less money in little time.

I'd advise you to spend less, pocket the money, and upgrade a few parts in a year.
    One can build a proper machine that can play most games on max for 1k or less. So... spend 1.5k on decent "hardware-performance-for-your-dollar-sweet-spot-kinda-machine" and upgrade in a year (or 2) with the 1k you had left.
    You'll end up with a machine that's more than a bit better.

Regarding putting together PC's yourself: I understand you're reluctant, and don't want to take a risk. Don't you know any friend or family member who'd know how to help you out? One doesn't need a lot of experience to piece together a PC.
    It's like Lego, except that you have to watch out a tad for static electricity. Keep in mind: just like with lego, if you need to break, saw or squeeze bricks to make it fit, you're doing it wrong.
    (a colleague actually broke off pieces of an expansion card with a pair of pliers to make it fit in the case... the arguments in his defense were hilarious, to say the least)

Both systems look pretty OK... but I'm a tad concerned for someone that sounds as if he's somewhat new to hardware to go playing with water-cooling and overclocking. IMHO: you won't need either for good performance.

Of Course, that's just my opinion for grabs.
    Good luck!

/WW out

Deleted
    I second what Whitewandir said; I'd suggest you to get a decent build right now and when you deem it necessary, upgrade. Here's what I'd suggest for you:

Mobo: Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 - $122
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K - $180 (microcenter)
    CPUHS: Thermaltake Frio - $55
    GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Black Edition - $500
    PSU: Seasonic X 850W 80+ GOLD - $211
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - $140
    SSD: Corsair Force GT 120 GB - $190
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Low Voltage - $50
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D - $190

Total ~ $1640

For now, and probably quite a while, this will handle any game at all at max settings. I'd suggest you to build it yourself, but if you really don't feel like it, turn it in to a computer store and they'll build it for you (will probably take like $100 for it tho). The money you saved could be spent later if you feel like it. For an example, you could upgrade to the i7-3770K and pick up a new motherboard when those come out.

Cramming all of that stuff and a LCS into mid towers is airflow blasphemy. Also, you will never, ever, ever need 16GB of RAM especially with that CPU. Your CPU will chunk out before you use 16GB of RAM. And I personally do NOT like Corsair LCSs. I think they provide meh temps and don't always work as intended. My current LCS one I did myself mostly from FrozenCPU. I use a Swiftech MCP355 and a 120x360 rad on the back of the case. Only cost about $300 for pumps, res, rad, fittings, non-conductive coolant, and tube.

If you really don't want to build it yourself, at least get a nicer case with some more airflow for that monster video card...