Poll: What do you do for a living?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you do for a living?

Ill post a poll for this topic in a moment. Basically pick an option that most closely matches what you do, and then reply to this post with the specifics of what you do. I think it will be interesting to see all the different professions people have that play this game. It will show diversity im thinking.

I am a finance graduate and currently work in supply chain management for a property management firm.

Deleted
    British army officer working for the MOD in research and development. Blue/white collar mix i suppose, but most of my work is as a lab geek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeologist, or at least trying to be. It's hard getting into digs and actually getting paid.

Currently sales (Costco) however I recently graduated from High School, and am going to school to become a Firefighter.

Deleted
    Not quite wearing the blue collar yet since im still in college but im close enough to that path that I might as well walk it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    None of the above actually.

I work with people.

work as a busser at a local restaurant
    only 17

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

Network Engineer at a datacenter owned by a prominent software company.

I take it you live in Washington? Are you one of the game testers at that facility? I had a few friends in an old guild that worked there.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Archaeologist, or at least trying to be. It's hard getting into digs and actually getting paid.
    /Jelous, i would -Love- to be an Archeologist, kinda discovered a passion for wanting to do it, but figured out too late i believe, im not exactly young anymore=/

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I work for a small firm that provides tax advice and services to expats working in mainland Europe. Mostly customer service, though I do also help out with their marketing material. Office based, white collar I suppose.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    /Jelous, i would -Love- to be an Archeologist, kinda discovered a passion for wanting to do it, but figured out too late i believe, im not exactly young anymore=/
    It's never to late to take a course.

I work part time at the auto-parts store my husband manages. I help out with some of the office work as well as setting up displays and doing in store inventory. I work between 2 and 3 days a week and also help with their quarterly returns. Aside from that I am a house wife and take care of all the cleaning and cooking. I am trying to become a writer though in my spare time, and spend time after work writing as well as time when I am not doing anything else at home.

I'm a compositor at a post production company...basically I take all the cool visual effects you see (and most of the time don't see) in movies/tv and put them together to look photorealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senior software engineer at a consulting firm. Pretty much all just business applications in the financial market.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    It's never to late to take a course.
    Maybe your right, i just thought hey, ive got a kid, im 26 this year, Maybe i can be one next save file, hmm, then i consider this is life, and there is only one save file But living in England, im pretty sure theres nowhere that would offer such a course, maybe il check it out actualy=)

White collar - Office job.

I'm a Level One IT Help Desk Associate for the US Peace Corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Systems software engineer

Deleted
    Dishwasser/busser at a restaurant.
    Quitting however because there used to be nice people but they got replaced with annoying,irritating and slow people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sell shrimp out of a van (Ron White reference)

Blue collar I guess, random crap jobs working paycheck to paycheck.

Also, moving to Fun Stuff.