Deleted

Priest Healer for DS 10 HC

Hey Guys i´m posting here because i want know your opinion about Priest healer ... What you think is better for Ds10 HC??? Disc or Holy??

What you group most need

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this thread to the priest forums.

Deleted
    Disc. Attonement is godlike atm.

My opinion:

Morchok - Either. Doesn't matter much IMO, not a difficult fight to heal. Bubbles from Disc is nice though on this fight.
    Zon'ozz - Either. Might be better to go Disc with a RDruid and Holy with a RShaman. I've healed as both specs, and a powerful hymn is nice to have, especially if there's no tranq. I found that I had some mana problems when I used to kill this as Disc, so now as Holy I tend to even have more mana concerns. Lightwell is nice for stack phases if people can manage to click it.
    Yor'sahj - Either. Although I DPS for this fight now, I have progressed in both specs and both are valid. Only thing is if you go Disc, DO NOT PICK UP ATONEMENT. You can pick up Evangelism and Archangel, but if you Smite or Holy Fire, you will blow somebody up (I know this from experience =[)
    Hagara - Holy. No reason not to be Holy. Speed bubbles and perfect timing on hymn CDs for lightning phases.
    Ultraxion - Disc. You'll find barrier to be useful towards the end of the fight, and if DPS is a concern, you can DPS towards the start before damage gets kinda hefty.
    Blackhorn - This is one fight I haven't done any healing on. I imagine both specs being perfectly valid, just a matter of preference. You can either Barrier the onslaughts or hymn everyone up. Not much stacking though in P1 so Sanctuary will not be too useful, but Body and Soul can be a wonderful thing to get out of Shockwave.
    Spine - Either, but I'll say this: Disc if you need the damage, Holy if you don't. Before the nerf I was 100% set on Disc for this fight and smited my heart out. After the nerf, swapping to Holy really helped out on healing debuffs since damage was no longer a major concern. Although mana can go down the pooper pretty quickly ><
    Madness - I have not thrown any attempts into this yet but by the looks of it, either spec is fine. Barrier would be good though for the bolt, though having Guardian Spirit seems tempting.

All of this is 10man and I'm currently 7/8HM, healing 4 of those heroic fights as Holy while going Shadow for the other 3. Unfortunately for me, Disc is where my healing heart is at.

Morchokk: As stated before, either works. Rolling Renews vs an occasional bubble (especially on the soaker) is nice. Smiting to heal your melee through black blood is hilarious, but gives you a safety net of stronger healing (archangel) when you go to town once the damage starts amping up again.
    Zon'ozz: If you're using a single soaker strat, Discipline wins. If you're managing the ball with your whole group, it's pretty evened out, which is where I'd recommend the comfort spec of your choice. Holy is nice on its own, a guild that can use Lightwell as intended (especially on this fight) is downright Overpowered.
    Yor'sahj: It depends on what your group is struggling with. Tank healing during purple, Discipline wins. Raid healing through yellow/red, a Hymn tends to stabilize a little more than a barrier, but that's anecdotal evidence. You can heal this fight with either spec, play against your partner's strengths, so you have all the bases covered.
    Hagara: Barrier is nice, Body and Soul is nicer. Divine Aegis doesn't really keep up with a Circle, stronger renews/mending.

Ultraxion: Spend the first 4 minutes DPS'ing as Discipline, win at the game.
    Blackhorn: This is a fight where Discipline outshines Holy. You want to shield people soaking the Twilight Barrage so they can keep a decent amount of health after the hit (one of the few times where damage absorbed > damage taken then healed). The later shouts in phase 2 do more and more damage, so you're going to want to start cycling shields on your weaker teammates as the fight goes on, so they can take the hit and be okay. Barrier is nicely saved for the later ones, where a Hymn wouldn't let them take one that they wouldn't survive.

Spine: Holy can win. Discipline can keep pace. Holy keeps the group in a good position going into the high damage phases, so that it can respond proportionately as needed. Discipline performs subpar at managing the healing absorb debuffs, but is an excellent safety net for those that are low. (If the Searing Plasma could absorb an absorb, would the game divide by zero?).

Madness: Discipline plays stronger here. The multiple Power Infusions on your top DPS, the shield for every impale, the higher single target consistent (but sustainable) output for Phase 2. Barrier for the Bolt, Barrier as a secondary tank cooldown during phase 2 when it's up again. Pain Suppression lets a tank live longer, whereas they still die from Tetanus from the Terror. Not to mention going over to smite on Kalecgos' platform to get your headstart is fun times.

The raid has clear advantages to either spec. There are few fights where one is completely downgraded to uselessness, as groups have handled all content with both specs. The biggest thing is play your comfort zone. If you're a hardcore Holy Priest shafted into doing Discipline (or vice versa) it won't automatically make you get a kill, and infact is actually a downside to your group's success.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    What you think is better for Ds10 HC??? Disc or Holy??
    Short answer: depends on encounter, healersetup and personal preference.

Deleted
    i see many priests using AT but is better than normal disc talent try without AT ?

Most of the DS encounters have moments of downtime where you can work in Smites/Holy Fire to build your Evangelism stacks:

Morchok: Start of the fight/During Black Blood phase
    Yor'sahj: Between oozes after purple falls off(Heroic)/Archangel is nice to have as a slight mana buffer after a mana void
    Zon'ozz: Right after a Dark Phase/Right before the ball spawns
    Hagarra: On Normal almost the entire time during non water/lightning phases, on heroic on the dps section after phases end
    Ultraxion: On Heroic I tend to Smite until Red Crystal with the pally solo healing for the most part for added damage
    Warmaster: Lots of available time to be used in phase 1 so you have an archangel ready to pop after each onslaught
    Spine: I go holy on this fight, can smite during armor phase but don't need atonement to do dps. Not much healing to be done then.
    Madness: I smite the entire time the Tentacle is out. Smite at the start of dps after the tentacle. Madness probably sees the most use from atonement. The smart heals can be nice to quickly top someone up that's been thwacked by the tentacle.

I know some people are strongly against Atonement. I'm only at 5/8 heroic right now. Just started putting attempts in on heroic warmaster. I find for the most part that it's easy to keep a 5 stack of evanglism rolling and that the 15% boost can be nice at certain moments. There aren't really any fights where I would benefit more from having Strength of Soul. So far on 10, 2 healing most things with a holy pally. Disc has been extremely strong. Disc is a bit more timing oriented and having knowledge of the fight but I prefer it much to holy.

As for what you should go with, I'd say whatever your play style and preferences suit. If you've been holy for a long time suddenly changing things up mid heroic content can become a bit confusing and take some getting used to. The better option typically comes down what feels more comfortable to you and the longer you've played a specific setup the faster your reactions are going to be.
    Last edited by Cynthesis; 2012-02-07 at 09:35 AM.