Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't really see the point of this thread. You play AS ezreal in normals and it works. Cool. I played AD Malzahar and did good, doesn't mean its the best way to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Well....this build seems to work fine for me.:P
    ignorance is bliss <3
    Do gnomes have a vibrate setting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ezreal is not best ad carry, many champs can do better job
    It is simply his passive is cripple late game, stays 6sec only unless he use spells, his Q is great early game, late game it isn't
    His W requires position that is hard to achieve (usually hit 3 at best) and scale with AP
    His teleport is utility spell anyway so not big deal if it scales with AP (most use it for free flash not the dmg)
    His Ulti while great scaling is not hard to avoid IF spotted, so usually Ezreal is forced to use it before fight starts
    Compare him to Vayne or even Twitch end game, no compare
    He is probably better than cait late game, but her early game is better than him (that range)

Ezreal is fun, but to say he is "best" AD carry, I'd give best AD carry title to Vayne myself
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    But it worked loads of times, how long do you think I am playing Ezreal?...
    You've been playing Ezreal for maybe 3 months since I remember you posting asking for tips on how to play him late December-ish. I'm just going to say I've been playing him longer.

You're gimping yourself building AS on an AD Champ who has a significant portion of damage come from a spell.

In any point, building pure AS is never a good option on AD carries. AD, Crit, and AS are all so highly valued that it's a mistake to focus on one.

Deleted
    so I'm looking at the build you speak of, and there's close to no AS items in there...

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally play him as a hybrid, but that's just me.

Though attack speed on him ins't all that great, since he is an AD spell caster (if you build him AD). A lot of his damage comes from his Q, as opposed to his auto attacks. His auto attacks still do hurt, but his Q is a large source of his damage. I would build to maximize Q damage if you are playing AD ez.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP Ezreal ftw!

But I agree with everyone here. AS is not the way to build him. His passive is enough, and he isn't an auto-attack champ like Trynd or Yi who benefit a lot more from AS. His spell are were his power lie.

And speaking of spells, why do most people play him AD if half his spells only scale off AP. I can see hybrid but AD seems like your taking a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    If about hybird ranged, I give that title to teemo, he is best hybird on-hit effects ranged, in right build, poison spit + 2 hits can take 50% of hp and he still can run away on skrimish fights, while teemo isn't deadly in team fights like AD ranged, he has a spot in specific teams, and teemo is one of best counter solo top to give him credit
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    If about hybird ranged, I give that title to teemo, he is best hybird on-hit effects ranged, in right build, poison spit + 2 hits can take 50% of hp and he still can run away on skrimish fights, while teemo isn't deadly in team fights like AD ranged, he has a spot in specific teams, and teemo is one of best counter solo top to give him credit

I hope you don't take offense :b I just couldn't let slip an opportunity like this.
    Signature by Tacy :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    AP Ezreal ftw!

But I agree with everyone here. AS is not the way to build him. His passive is enough, and he isn't an auto-attack champ like Trynd or Yi who benefit a lot more from AS. His spell are were his power lie.

And speaking of spells, why do most people play him AD if half his spells only scale off AP. I can see hybrid but AD seems like your taking a loss.
    AD Ez has probably strongest early game of all AD carries. Q is your most reliable spell, longest range, shortest cd, highest damage without large amounts of farm. Just because a character has ratios doesn't mean you build him/her that way (Tristana for example).

AD Ez falls off compared to AP, but AP needs a shit ton of farm. And AP ez is fucking garbage at farming. Most mages have an ability that can quickly clear a minion wave. Until Ez gets a lichbane for Q, he can't clear fast and effectively. A good AP mid against him will just push Ez to the tower and watch him miss CS and eventually fall behind. He's still fun to play in dominion.

Deleted
    So, I should just use my current IP to buy runes AGAIN? Will I have better dmg then?

Yea. Speaking strictly for runes. Attack speed is a late-game stat, when you can stand around and auto stuff. Armor pen is a mid-game stat, when people have some armor but not all that much. Attack damage is the early game stat, makes last hitting easier and you have much stronger harrass in lane.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Damn, I did it.

My Q actually hits for something now.

Deleted
    Quick question, is Ezreal still viable at endgame if you get very good on him or is there no point when you can just play a Graves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    Quick question, is Ezreal still viable at endgame if you get very good on him or is there no point when you can just play a Graves?
    He's still viable, but just plain outclassed. If you play Ezreal play him to win early because unless you enter that endgame with a massive gold/kill lead, you will be outcarried once the other AD finishes their build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    He's still viable, but just plain outclassed. If you play Ezreal play him to win early because unless you enter that endgame with a massive gold/kill lead, you will be outcarried once the other AD finishes their build.
    ...what carry?
    if you talk about the two hypercarries then yea, sure.
    if you talk about kogmaw then yea, sure.

if you talk about pretty much anyone else, it's just going to come down to individual skill and having a free flash every 10 seconds as Ez really helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    ...what carry?
    if you talk about the two hypercarries then yea, sure.
    if you talk about kogmaw then yea, sure.

if you talk about pretty much anyone else, it's just going to come down to individual skill and having a free flash every 10 seconds as Ez really helps.
    Graves, Ashe, Caitlyn, Sivir, Graves, Kog, Vayne, Corki will all out carry him. Ezreals damage still comes from Q, which is still a skillshot. Said skillshot can miss/be blocked. Be realistic; you aren't going to hit every single Q on every single target you want every time it is up. Compared to typical ADF< which will build a IE and get all their damage from Right Clicking/Crits, half your damage still comes from a spell. Sure, of course you can beat them. You'll still need that large gold lead and to be playing flawlessly. Those heros will outcarry Ezreal with equal farm. AD Ezreal is a weak lategame carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    *prod* *prod* *prod*

Tristana!

*cough*