Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    No, there's not. You only get that from using the LFD tool. Before LFD you had a daily to kill the end boss to get the highest tier emblem, now you queue up for a random LFD.
    You where asking why would people make their own group. People do that now, and get valor and gold, so your point is invalid.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    No, there's not. You only get that from using the LFD tool. Before LFD you had a daily to kill the end boss to get the highest tier emblem, now you queue up for a random LFD.
    1) make your own 5 man group
    2) start the LFD tool
    3) join as a party ...
    4) instantly get into your dungeon.
    5) get your valor points when you finish the said dungeon.

    unless I missed something, this works or used to work.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Thank God they fixed that ''The Pit of Scales'' quest, also it appears I'm first for once...
    switching to 64 bit MAC client gave me:
    3x faster logging on (loading into SW trade district)
    No lag in SW trade district (usually lagging a lot), although have not tested this at peak time yet as at work
    Approx increase in FPS by 10-15
    Graphics whilst flying around stormwind seemed much more fluid (no FPS spikes/drops)

    Into BGs: less lag, higher FPS, game seemed a lot more responsive

    No errors/crashes so far, addons working fine, but only tested for about 45 minutes before work.

    Also although I ran optomiser last night, this difference is between playing last night with 32 bit client and after using 64 bit client today = optomiser makes no difference

  4. #44
    Anyone else experiencing a massive fps drop with the 64-bit client ?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by silhantcat View Post
    1) make your own 5 man group
    2) start the LFD tool
    3) join as a party ...
    4) instantly get into your dungeon.
    5) get your valor points when you finish the said dungeon.

    unless I missed something, this works or used to work.
    So clearly you're using the LFD tool to get valor points and gold. Which has nothing to do with what I said...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    So clearly you're using the LFD tool to get valor points and gold. Which has nothing to do with what I said...
    How is a daily quest to kill the end boss of a random dungeon any different than creating your own 5-person group and selecting random dungeon through the LFD tool?

  7. #47
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    So clearly you're using the LFD tool to get valor points and gold. Which has nothing to do with what I said...
    I've done it tons of times with my guild. We get 5 of us in a group, then use the LFD tool just so we get VP along with guild exp/rep.

    If you love flying to the instance yourself, just portal out once you're in and fly manually.



    Either way, I expected way more QQ that blizz made the DS buff mandatory instead of optional. This is exactly what they shouldn't have done.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  8. #48
    Dreadlord Xe4ro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    767
    YaY+ for the "A Treatise on Strategy" Change. Everytime one of the DS 5Man Came up i was like "FUUUU" :/ Also nice to see the 64Bit Client Already Available , already using it now =)


    Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Anyone else experiencing a massive fps drop with the 64-bit client ?
    With Everything on Ultra i have about 25-40 in Orgrimmar right now , lots of traffic there. Inside a 5Man i have about 40-60 so there hasn't changed anything really ^^
    (2560*1440 is the Resolution)
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2012-02-03 at 04:58 PM.

  9. #49
    Guess it's time to do the inevitable and drop Jewelcrafting for Blacksmithing. I've bought *one* epic gem since 4.3, and my PvP gear is completely socketed with them already just from raiding. It may be true that the "average" player doesn't and won't have full epic gems now, but this severly slights the dedicated player base that strives to maximize their character. What makes this worse is it's such an easy change.

  10. #50
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Girthbrooks View Post
    Guess it's time to do the inevitable and drop Jewelcrafting for Blacksmithing. I've bought *one* epic gem since 4.3, and my PvP gear is completely socketed with them already just from raiding. It may be true that the "average" player doesn't and won't have full epic gems now, but this severly slights the dedicated player base that strives to maximize their character. What makes this worse is it's such an easy change.
    I somewhat agree. While I wouldn't remove gems from the raid, I'd adjust their quality.

    Raid gems would be suitable for the content, and if you got one you'd want to use it.

    Crafted gems would be above-average for the content, and if you got one you'd even replace your raid gem for it.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  11. #51
    O look, blizzard telling us were all wrong again. lovely.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Try actually reading the patch notes; the damage in PvE will be the same, just more consistent instead of bursty.
    When a pack of mobs will appear during a raid they won't wait for me to launch 3 waves of Shadowbolts from my cunning
    of the cruel, so instead of hitting them each with 50-60k while they're up, I'll hit them each with 15-20k = NERF!

  13. #53
    sadly enough i miss world pvp when guards were killable by a single person, and not able to essentially 2 shot any player they felt like, i think that alone might have players wanting to leave the cities, yeah low lvl pvp areas can be a pain in the ass, en-state dishonorable kills again , if your target doesn't give you honor then have it take away honor so the lowbies can lvl and the pvp can happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •