Thread: Origin

Origin

Hey guys. This just happened to me. Anyone else ever hear of this? It strikes me as just about the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Your approximate wait time is 5 minute.
    Your approximate wait time is 5 minute.
    Your approximate wait time is 2 minute.
    You are now ready to chat with Courtney.
    Courtney:
    Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Courtney how may I help you?

you:
    Hi Courtney. I just placed an order for Burnout Paradise on the Origin Client. My credit card was charged (as I confirmed on my bank website) but I did not receive the option to download it, nor was it added to "My Games"

Courtney:
    Okay, let me take a look. Can I get your first and last name for contact information please?
    you:<removed>

Courtney:
    Can you verify the date of birth on the account for me please?

you:
    <removed>

Courtney:
    Thank you for waiting, it looks like the order in In Review. Basically this means the order has been pulled aside to check for fraud. These orders are randomly chosen and it should go through within 24 hours.

you:
    hrm. I fat fingered my CVV code once entering my credit card info. Doesn't seem like that would trigger a fraud warning

you:
    You should pass on the suggestion that credit cards not be charged until after purchases have been approved.

Courtney:
    There wasn't suspicious activity on the account. Orders are randomly selected to check for fraud.

you:
    Hm. That's a pretty terrible system. I bought the game hoping to play it tonight. If I'd wanted to wait I would have just amazon'd a physical copy.

you:
    If you're charging my account why doesn't it show up in my order history?

Courtney:
    I understand your frustration, hopefully the order will to settled as soon as possible so you can start playing.
    you:
    I won't be using Origin again for online purchases. Nothing personal, but that's really terrible.

Courtney:
    I apologize the inconvenience this has caused.

Courtney:
    Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you: Nope

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that should have been one of those times you should have asked for a supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    I think that should have been one of those times you should have asked for a supervisor.
    I got the impression that it wouldn't have made much of a difference. If I don't hear back before bedtime I'm going to open another ticket and try and get it escalated.

Welcome to origin. We made our service years after the excellent steam, but appear to be completely incompetent.

Personally, I'll never use it. Ever. The sooner EA realises the digital sales market belongs to steam the better.

Closing this, there are plenty of other threads discuss Origin in. We don't need another thread of Origin bashing.