Unidentified Dye prices

Anyone on here have an idea why unidentified dye is going up and up in price? Having been pretty stable since the fallout from the dye changes settled down, they have steadily gone up to 56s each over the last few days. Has someone got inside information that Anet are going to release a batch of new dyes? Is it something else I don't know about?

Any clues people can provide would be much appreciated.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Over the last 10 years, Blizzard has taken over $10bn from MMO players. Take a look around your game...do you see $10bn worth of content available to you? Do you see even a tiny fraction of that in relevant content? Now ask me again why I dislike what Blizzard has done to the MMO industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Anyone on here have an idea why unidentified dye is going up and up in price? Having been pretty stable since the fallout from the dye changes settled down, they have steadily gone up to 56s each over the last few days. Has someone got inside information that Anet are going to release a batch of new dyes? Is it something else I don't know about?

Any clues people can provide would be much appreciated.
    I dont know, can you still get them in pvp boxes? Are there still pvp boxes to buy? At least some years ago I got quite many from those boxes, and AH prices were... well higher than average common dye but still not overpriced
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Unless there's been some kind of bug in their drop rates from BLC's, my guess is either someone has insider information or has seeded rumors to generate speculation and drive up the price to profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I dont know, can you still get them in pvp boxes? Are there still pvp boxes to buy? At least some years ago I got quite many from those boxes, and AH prices were... well higher than average common dye but still not overpriced
    No. The glory system and glory vendors were removed last year when they added the PvP Reward Tracks. Those unidentified dyes were not tradeable, only the resulting dyes after you opened them.

They do drop from zone completion rewards. They also drop from the Black Lion Chests. And you can make them in the Mystic Forge. And you can buy them with Laurels. Or get them for personal story completion.

I've still got a couple hundred from when they made dyes accountwide and gifted Unids to everyone that had duplicate dyes on another character. Just hanging onto them in case some day I want to make a Bifrost or two

As far as the price increase, could be some active trading or it could be from the influx of new players from all the sales and Christmas.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    As far as the price increase, could be some active trading or it could be from the influx of new players from all the sales and Christmas.
    Can't see a host of new players having enough gold to be buying unidentified dyes for 50s a pop. Especially when there is a LOT more that new players would want to spend gold on first. Which is why I asked the question, it just seems odd that the price suddenly moves after being relatively stable for so long, unless there is something behind the scenes that I don't know about.

And like you, I still have around 1.5k unidentified dyes in my guild bank waiting to be sold at the right time. But it's hard to judge what the right time is when you don't know what is driving price changes in the first place!
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

Over the last 10 years, Blizzard has taken over $10bn from MMO players. Take a look around your game...do you see $10bn worth of content available to you? Do you see even a tiny fraction of that in relevant content? Now ask me again why I dislike what Blizzard has done to the MMO industry.

Eh, don't see why not. It only takes a couple days to level and be making the same amount of gold as everyone else. The game has been on sale someplace or other pretty much for the last 2 months. It's a fun low cost gamble for an Abyss worth 70g.

Could be a combination of consumption and active trading. They make nice gifts and we just had Wintersday. Also more players are making legendaries now with precursor prices dropping.

I think the price still has a good bit of room to rise - if a laurel is worth 1g and it takes 5 laurels to get 1 unid, or through crafting/mystic forging at say 2.5g per. But we did get double laurels this month with Wintersday and I wouldn't put too much weight into my forecasting abilities, ANet can add an Unidentified Dye drop to any part of the game any time they please lol.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy