Can my PC run SWTOR on higher settings?

Title Sorta explains it all. so yea could it? in the high-ultra range. prolly not ultra but...

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM "Sandy Bridge" quad-core processor

8 GB DDR3 RAM (1333 MHz; 4 slots total)

Energy-saving 1 TB SATA hard drive, 16x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW drive

NVIDIA GeForce GT440 graphics with 1.5 GB of discrete video memory

I'm running on all high settings (with shadows off) with significantly worse specs. Should be fine.

my only concern is the graphics card. most games nowadays need 1.5 gigs dont they?
    for ultra i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyrebel View Post
    my only concern is the graphics card. most games nowadays need 1.5 gigs dont they?
    for ultra i mean
    Not necessarily, depends mostly on your screen resolution, I'm running the game at 1080p with everything but shadows(shadows were off because they were buggy and not because my card couldn't handle it) at Ultra with a consistent 50-60FPS with VSYNC on, think I had it peak around 100-110 a few times with it off, on my HD6950 1GB card. If I was to run more than two monitors(currently using one) or a resolution higher than 1080p I may have gone with the 2GB model but the 1GB is more than enough for what I run.

Before I got the 6950 I was using a 4870 and was running at High/Ultra during the Beta and since bugs have been worked out since then and some people have noticed a slight performance gain over the previous patches I'd only imagine your system would do well enough on at least high settings.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-02-03 at 03:26 AM.

Deleted
    I just downgraded to a very, very similar system yesterday after my old (but better) rig exploded.

It runs ok on max settings, but there's a distinct "smearing" feel when moving the camera, and it only gets worse in areas with a lots of mobs. Would probably be unplayable in operations or a packed fleet.

I had to disable shadows, turn down grass and trees to about 60% and run with "low" (whatever that means) anti-aliasing instead of high: 50-80 fps, works well enough.

// Edit: That's on 1080p and even less VRAM.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2012-02-03 at 03:52 AM.