Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Agreed, but it robs players of the challenge and ruins the enjoyment of the game.

Akylios was my favourite part of Rift and now it's barely any harder than the pinatas.

I always felt cheated that my guild was only a few % away from an unnerfed Grug kill after only 3 nights on him before that opportunity was taken away from us.
    We worked hard to catch up after a late start to Hammerknell and it took away some of the magic.

It's inevitable though. Necessary even, doesn't make sense to keep the majority away from content for too long. Makes sense too with ID around the corner. Barriers to entry and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funniest Thread i've read for a while now on the Rift forums, so many self entitled "leet, pros" nerd raging

I'm sure it will look good on some of their CV's when they apply for that promotion from washing the lettuce to flipping burgers....Outstanding life achievements: killed Akylios pre Hotfix #6 nerf...seriously

Unless you're been corporately sponsored to play raiding full-time like DREAM Paragon and others, no one really cares that "baddies" can see stuff you did six months ago, i know i don't..i play games for fun now, not a second full-time job

Yea. I tell people all the time that the truth is the allure of raiding is the exclusivity. Honestly, it's the MMO VIP room.

• Ember Isle can no longer be accessed by characters under level 48. Characters currently in Ember Isle below this level will be teleported back to their home city.
    Dammit! I have two 30ish chars there

Its not about them nerfing the content. I don't care about that I expect it. Blizzard does this, even earlier than Trion does and much more egregiously. But you don't remove entire mechanics. Thats just...stupid. And my anger has nothing to do with my raider status. I'm not a hardcore raider but this change makes me extremely sad. And the other change that was bad is the further nuetering of Rift events. Now only one high level event can occur at one time. Stupid change.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    But you don't remove entire mechanics.
    I remember either an interview or a post in the last month or say where the developers specifically said that going forward they would reduce damage/health of bosses, but leave the mechanics intact. I'll try to dig it out, fairly sure that it was an audio interview with some fan site. Would be good to bring it up and see if we can get Trion to respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right or wrong this tier has been out many months I think Akylios is a destroyer of guilds at this point the wave knock back mechanic is a huge hurdle for many guilds as someone said like only 40 or something guilds got it. I'll clench my teeth on that one and say it was time. I'd be more disappointed if it was done shortly after release.

One thing that I think was changed with the new update today, but wasn't listed: When you attack the dragon pinatas, they make rubber-like noises and will move around when hit instead of just sitting there all rigid. I thought it was a nice change. Makes me feel like I am whacking on a beach ball instead of a brick wall.

My problem is with removing the entire mechanic.
    Damage/hp nerfs are par for the course.

I love this fight and it makes me sad when my favourite part of the game gets ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    It seems that the official forums have some people who are unhappy that Trion killed the Ember Isle power-leeching gravy train. (I call it power-leeching, not power-leveling, that's what it was. A level 30 can't even hit anything out there, let alone contribute to a group.)

I think it's a good move by Trion. If you can't be bothered to get your own xp, and just want to leech off my work, I'd rather you just quit the game. I find it quite hilarious that some who insist it's their 'right' to leech on EI are posting QQ threads now.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Even if some of these players suggest they're doing this without leeching, tough shit. If you can't be arsed to level in one of the expected methods, complain about leveling tedium or questing structure, not gaming the system of an endgame zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    It really comes down to this: If the complainers on the official forums were really all that, and as awesome as they say they are? It wouldn't matter, because they would have already killed Akylios. If you haven't done him by now, then, well, you took too long. End of story. If you're so good that you 'deserve' the un-nerfed content before the other players get to see it, then you should have proved it before now. If you have killed him, then what's the issue? Otherwise, you're just whining because someone else might get the same shinies you either already have, or haven't gotten to yet, either.

('You' being the forum complainers, not you, Azuri. )
    Its not fair to the new players. Not to mention, trion is releasing new contents quite quickly. What you gonna do when they keep the unnerfed version for less than 2 months. Not everyone is hard core raider but they arenot horrible raider either. If Trion keeps doing that then the only dificulty will be time alone, not the mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like that they took it out .. if you have ppl that are willing to p-lvl ur toon then more power to you .. its not hurting anyone .. i'd rather p-lvl than run quests for a 2nd or 3rd time .. and ya know EI isn't the only place that this can be done .. most effective .. yes .. only place .. no.. next thing ya know they will start punting lowbies out of Shimmersand or Stillmoore.

As far as akylios nerfs go .. it was par for the course as many have said .. but the removal of a key boss mechanic cause most ppl can't be bothered to pay attention to their surroundings.. well that is just silly.

That was imo the trademark of that fight .. not the phase transitions.. not the orbs .. lashers or stingers.. it was those damn waves.

For those unfamiliar with Akylios and are wondering why some knockback wave is so damn important that everyone is crying about it, I'll explain real quick.

What the waves actually do is knock you out of the fight entirely. The waves initially appear during the fight with Jornaru on the dock. They reappear again later in (Phase 3? 4? I can't recall) which at this time you have an insane stack of mechanics you already have to deal with. Removing an entire player from the duration of the fight typically means a wipe. So the waves were more or less a instant wipe mechanic. Most gulds I have seen do Akylios have someone on "call duty" for waves and they call where the wave is coming from so people are able to avoid them. It was a indirect kill mechanic that sorted out the lesser organized guilds from the very coordinated ones. The waves weren't tough if your guild is very tight on execution and everyone is focused and paying attention. And I feel that removing a mechanic like that almost belittles the fight entirely. What was great about Akylios was that he was to some extent immune to nerfs. He has a few instant kill/wipe mechanics that make him difficult no matter how much they nerf his HP and damage. What they have done now is remove that, making him just as easy Murdantix potentially.

And yes this is one of a very few instances where Trion has outright lied. They did say that they would never nerf mechanics. And I honestly believed them cause Trion is almost always good at their word. This is sadly one of the exceptions. I do hope they take away that nerf (the other Akylios nerfs are expected, and fine, but the wave change..it really needs to be reverted).
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-03-01 at 06:47 PM.

Did it tonight, such a joke now.

Most people just ate them and I think we only had one death due to wave and that was the other Chloro stunned in middle of breath.

Just because we could we decided halfway through to do Abyssal Paella even though we were down a healer on usual setup, that's how little regard we have for that fight now.

Ovearheard in chat:
    Rogue: How close are you guys to Conq?
    Mage: Just Perfect Akylios left
    Cleric: XD
    Me: :/

Most of the achievements are actually really easy you just need to get around to setting up your raid comp properly.

We only started doing achieves maybe 2 weeks ago.

I think we only have Perfect Akylios and a few Estrode souls (like Purifier...) to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best hotfix evah!!!, well, the second line

RIFT 1.7 Hotfix #7 - 8:00am PST 3/2/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 3/3/12 [EU]

WORLD EVENT - CARNIVAL OF THE ASCENDED
    * Happy Birthday, RIFT! Welcome to the Carnival of the Ascended!
    * World Event phase quest updates no longer display on the mid-screen splash text.
    * Balloon pets are now Bind On Account.

GENERAL
    * Riftstalker: Rift Barrier: Fixed a case where Rift Guard with points spent in Rift Barrier would still deal damage after the first tick of a DoT applied to the Rogue (and causing issues with being locked in combat).
    * Ember Isle: Scouring the Dirt: Fixed this quest breaking if the Runesappers reset incorrectly.
    * Hammerknell Fortress: The floor in the throne room should stop going non-visible at times.
    * Fixed a case where a transferring character would get an incorrect coinlock error.
    * Characters can no longer get trapped in the Guardian wedding instance.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...3-3-12-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Phase Two has just started in Europe and to help you with that more realistic balloon event, Hotfix #8 is inc

RIFT 1.7 Hotfix #8 - 8:00am PST 3/7/12 [NA] - 2:00am GMT 8/3/12 [EU]

GENERAL
    * Characters below level 48 are no longer able to pick Ember Isle porticulums if they have them, since they're unable to travel to the Isle.
    * PvP: Gaining Prismatic Glory will no longer break stealth.
    * Scarlet Gorge: The Crucible zone event should occur more frequently.
    * Rift: Visions of Death: Addressed difficulty issues with this Rift.

WORLD EVENT

* You can no longer sell Pyrite Dubloons to NPCs.
    * Adjusted the prize payout from Carnival games for first and repeat plays. Don't worry, jumping parties are still valid, but there ARE other games available!
    * Carnival balloons now have a more realistic and pronounced breeze-swaying motion for added cuteness!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...8-3-12-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Trion push out Hotfixes so fast, there isn't even a source up yet for Hotfix #9, had to copy them from the launcher

RIFT 1.7 Hotfix #9 - 09.03.12

GENERAL
    * Fixed an issue causing ability tooltips viewed on the Soul Tree to show incorrect looking numbers for abilities other than rank 1.

CARNIVAL OF THE ASCENDED

*Fixed an issue that was causing ‘Take Out the Garbage’ to get stuck on rare occasions.
    * Aenycha and Icatian can no longer be attacked by players.
    * All Parade NPCs will now flag players for PvP when attacked
    * Tales of the Ascended Raid Rifts now have a secondary NPC to turn the quest in to when a rift is open
    * The parades are now back on schedule – you should see up to four active at any time throughout Telara!