Poll: Do you imagine that you are your character in games?

Deleted

Do you imagine that you are your character in games?

In games that allow you to create your own character such as Skyrim or WoW, do you immerse yourself fully in the game by thinking that you are actually the character you are playing? Of course the question is not limited to only RPG games, it's valid for all kinds of games that make you play with a predefined character.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 06:55 PM ----------

Hopefully some people will vote because I'm genuinely interested about it.

Deleted
    i actually a little do, not in wow but just got skyrim, and i fell like im my elf

Quite often, yes.

it depends on the game and the storyline, but yes i sometimes feel like im actually the guy that im controlling. just not very often^^

example would be: commander shepard in mass effect <3
    Last edited by Ghul; 2012-02-04 at 06:21 PM.

It is all just a controlable movie or story to me.

Maybe alittle.

Usually yes, at least in games where you make your character or your character doesn't have much of a personality (WoW, Zelda, etc.) I also used to do some roleplaying in WoW, so sometimes I take it a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Quite often, yes.
    You didn't talk in third person..? This is the first post I've read of yours and didn't want to choke you. Congrats.

OT: Yes.

It's rare, but does happen. In AC I sort of treated my character as my alter ego... never happened in wow however.

Quote Originally Posted by Saykred View Post
    You didn't talk in third person..? This is the first post I've read of yours and didn't want to choke you. Congrats.

OT: Yes.
    I like it when he talks in third person.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yes, yes I do.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    no because in 80% my character are female (at the creationscreen i take what looks best - in most cases this is a female char [not because of Boobies and stuff]) and i enjoy the feeling that i be her voice of reason or imaginary Friend who guids her on her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    no because in 80% my character are female (at the creationscreen i take what looks best - in most cases this is a female char [not because of Boobies and stuff]) and i enjoy the feeling that i be her voice of reason or imaginary Friend who guids her on her way.
    I also have about 80% female chars! But I think boobies are a factor. xD