First Mate Hat and the Auction House.

My 36 mage aquired it from a pirate in STV. Now, someone on my servers ah has it for 25k.

Obviously that seems to much.

What is the First Mate Hat REALLY worth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    It's rare as hell and one of a kind it's actually gone for more than 25k on my server.

It's a really rare zone drop, and a lot of people wouldn't mind transmogging that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've read that it has one of the lowest droprates in game, so 25k would be expected I'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Thank god i asked, i nearly sold for 5k....

I have both the parrot cage and the first mate hat trying to sell. Always difficult trying to find a buyer

I was going to say 25k either sounds a bit low, but after thinking about it it actually sounds pretty close to what it should cost.

Its highest droprate is .16 and that is from a named mob. It ranges between .01 and .1 from any normal non named mob in STV, so yes it is indeed a VERY rare item and does deserve a price close to 25k. Especially now since you can transmog gear, back when you would buy it just to have it i would say 25k is a bit much, but since you can actually wear its model it definitely deserves a higher price.
    Last edited by matters; 2012-02-03 at 06:27 AM.

some servers they go 1-2k some 20+.... it's not expensive to post it so set it up a for 20k+ a couple of times you never know if you get lucky

Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for. Learn to haggle and you may get even more than you expect.

I got one some months back in plans for my transmog for 400g. You should definately charge for tons more than that.

(On another note , too bad there aren't any invisible shoulders to match my transmog better...)

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Thank god i asked, i nearly sold for 5k....

I have both the parrot cage and the first mate hat trying to sell. Always difficult trying to find a buyer
    I just bought one for 4.5k and relisted it for 25k. I really dont care if it takes 3 months to sell, its the only one Ive seen on the AH in a long time anyway.

Shown as ~11k mean price on TUJ. You could probably list for 15-20k but just be really patient with it.

Items like this will beat inflation so even if it doesn't sell quickly, it will slowly increase in value as inflation goes up.

Items like this will beat inflation so even if it doesn't sell quickly, it will slowly increase in value as inflation goes up.
    This is really what it comes down to, barring Blizzard making some weird change where these drop everywhere or they make one with the exact same model thats easy to get, these items will only go up in value. So unless you need the gold quickly, its best to be patient with them even if that means have to repost them for a fairly long time.

Its this exact reason that I dont like having much more than 1M in actual gold and end up using anything over that to buy rare items that I can hold onto.

Deleted
    i would wait till that auction has run out and put yours up for 40k orso