Thread: Macro Help

Macro Help

So I want to create a unique macro. This macro I want to make the target of a specific person (a "name" I can go in and edit at any time) my focus if that person exists, else make my target my focus.

I consider myself to be decently versed in macro-creation but this one is difficult.

Code:
    /tar [@targettarget, exists]
    /focus
    Or you could use /assist also...really not sure if it works but the idea is that it makes your target's target focused , unless it doesn't exist so it makes your target focused.Just threw this out there in case you get any idea on how to do it.Good luck.

Deleted
    If they're in your party/raid, this might work:
    Code:
    /focus NameOfPerson-target

Else, try this:
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact NameOfPerson
    /focus targettarget

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact NameOfPerson
    /focus [@targettarget,exists,harm,nodead][exists,harm,nodead]
    /targetlasttarget
    This will target the named person, then if they are found it will set your focus to their target (only if their target is alive and an enemy). If the named person isn't found or their target is dead etc then it will focus your target (again only if your target is alive and an enemy).
    It will then target whatever you last had targetted, alternatively if you prefer you can change it to target whatever you just set to focus.

I've presumed that you don't want to accidentally target friendly players/NPCs.

It's much simpler than that.
    Code:
    /assist Name
    /focus

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I forget about assist in macros constantly...

Go with lawomous's answer.