My enhance shammy not so good?

This is me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Spicy/advanced

I'm just an alt, on an offspec, that's why I'm nto fully enchanted (just saying). Main spec is resto, I only dps from time to time, just for fun, but I try to dps at the fullest of my capabilities of course. Done some LFRs as dps, and I'm always in the top 6 somehow... But just now I did a 5-men, Murozond, and I finished:

Of course I bloodlusted 4 times, used Feral Spirits and refreshed my totems, all the usual things, and I barely beaten that rogue: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dfuri/advanced which is far less geared than I. After the fight teh shadow priest said I should L2P as I should have done much higher output. Ok, I'm willing to learn... but how come I'm pretty good in LFR (ya I know everyone sucks in there), that I finish first in all boss fights in 5-men, but I would still be able to pull more?

Any pointers?

Adding how I dps'ed:
    Last edited by DiGG; 2012-02-03 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Because haste has more of an impact to a rogue's dps then it has for an enhance shaman.

Deleted
    Pretty much what he said. You won't get incredible dps boosts on that boss, purely because haste is utter crap for Enhancement. It only gives us more maelstrom procs, which already has a proc per minute cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I'm just an alt, on an offspec, that's why I'm nto fully enchanted (just saying).
    This.

You wanna be effective with an alt/offspec, enchant/gem/reforge everything.
    Statix will suffice.

Oh, ok. That's why I destroy so hard on that fight on my priest (my main, shadow ms). But is my dps "ok" nonetheless, or could I increase it even a tiny bit more?

Unless I'm missing something, there's a lack of enchantments and chimera eyes on your equipment. 'Spose I'm only confused because my alt's offspec is all "done up", and I don't even have a source of gold income other than boss kills. :P

And using Bloodlust and Feral Spirit each hourglass use is several global cooldowns. Not that I'm saying don't do it.

Also, not that it'd matter for 5mans, but you're under hit cap for raids. Might suggest Fluid Death (easy to get) over Arrow of Time.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-02-03 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Pretty much what he said. You won't get incredible dps boosts on that boss, purely because haste is utter crap for Enhancement. It only gives us more maelstrom procs, which already has a proc per minute cap.
    Maelstrom is based on ppm, but that is not a "cap". It's just the game's way of adjusting for fast weapons. The proc chance is based on the base weapon speed. "Cap" implies some sort of internal cooldown or limit on the procs, there is no such limit.

What it does mean is that slow weapons are much better for maelstrom generation (among other things) than fast, because of the high proc chance + instant special attacks.

Well, for pure dps purposes, I think Call of Flame would be a little better than Reverberation.

Well, you can go ahead and look at my enh spec... I'm not sure if it's the best one, but I do pretty well with it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

Also, http://www.noxxic.com/pve/shaman/enhancement Is very useful. If there's something you don't understand, you can refer to that.

And if you want to practically pin-point the amount of hit you need, use askmrrobot.com It's a stat calculator that basically does everything for you, so you don't have to waste so much money trying to figure your reforges.

Edit: I also noticed that you never used Unleash Elements, which is a pretty big dps increase. Everytime after you use it, use Flame Shock (that's the only time you should ever use FS, other than that, use Earth Shock while your Unleash Elements is on CD).

Also, are you using Lightning Bolt whenever Maelstrom has 5 stacks? It doesn't say you even used LB on your dps meter...
    Last edited by hightides24; 2012-02-03 at 03:41 PM.

Also your hit rating is a little low. You need to be at 17% spell hit for enhance

Indeed my capped for raid, as I said I sometime do LFRs and even done 1 or 2 "real" DS (replacing a guildmate), so I'm trying to stay spell hit capped (I'm not fully spell hit capped, as my gear is optimized the best possible with ReforgeLite addon). I've been told again and again not to use Mr.Robot, so I try real hard not to use it anymore hehe.

Thanks for the reassurance guys, guess my dps is almost what it should be and I'll be checking that site hightides.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Indeed my capped for raid, as I said I sometime do LFRs and even done 1 or 2 "real" DS (replacing a guildmate), so I'm trying to stay spell hit capped (I'm not fully spell hit capped, as my gear is optimized the best possible with ReforgeLite addon). I've been told again and again not to use Mr.Robot, so I try real hard not to use it anymore hehe.

Thanks for the reassurance guys, guess my dps is almost what it should be and I'll be checking that site hightides.
    If you're not spell hit capped your gear isn't "optimized the best possible"

Reforgelite is a useful addon but you shouldn't just accept its default stat weights/values unless you know they're correct. You want 17% spell hit > 26/26 expertise > mastery > crit > hit beyond 17% > haste

What struck me first, and just like hightides24 up there mentioned, are you using your Maelstrom stacks for Lightning Bolts as there aren't any in your log?
    It's even worth (when everything else is on CD of course) it to use lightning bolt even if you're not at 5 Maelstrom stacks.

Looking at your recount log thingie. You did no Lightning Bolts and no Unleash Elements?

Deleted
    My shaman got better gear than my rogue, but i can do like 10k more dps with that rogue on Murozond. Fucking bloodlust :|

Half your items have crap itemnization and you're forging mastery into expertise and what not.. The only reason you're as high on dps as you are is down to how simple Enhancement is to play "okay".. You're probably just playing wack a mole hitting whatever is off cooldown and ye.. That'll bring you above other specs who are doing a wrong rotation..

Read the Enh faq and come back if you have any questions..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restodirk View Post
    Because haste has more of an impact to a rogue's dps then it has for an enhance shaman.
    And his LL damage is pretty low.