Thread: FPS Problems

FPS Problems

Hey guys, so I have a computer problem I need help about.

A month ago, my computer started having problems. It would run crystal clear, then drop to 5 fps (In wow) for around 3-5mins. So I thought it was a memory lackage, I cleared some space. Wasn't that, cleaned the PC, wasn't that, scanned the PC for viruses, wasn't any of these. Now it has gotten worse. It's not 5minutes anymore, any time I run WoW, my whole PC slows down.

Before this started, I could run Skyrim, I could run 2/3x WoW at the same time on ultra setting. Any suggestions before I take my PC for a check?

Thanks,

Gricko :3

Deleted
    could you share a bit more info? what system are you using? is it just in WoW, or does Skyrim have it as well? how long after the 4.3 patch did it happen?

could do be some outdated addons, just try reinstalling wow and watch ur cpu usage, ram usage etc.
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

WTB pc specs. Pls repost with your PC tech specs and Driver revision

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please consult the sticky to provide us the information we're going to need before we can be of any help.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Strifingsoul View Post
    No problems here... ^^
    What is the point of that post? Anyways we do need to know more than just the problem, I mean I could say wtf im getting 2 fps in open world in wow it used to run great meanwhile im running a 7+ yr old system which the entire system is the problem.

Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ | Speed - 2686 MHz
    Video card - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    Windows XP Pro SP3(build 2600)
    2GBs of RAM

Tell me what else you need to know (Newbie so I probably missed 80% of the things xD )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gricko View Post
    Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ | Speed - 2686 MHz
    Video card - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    Windows XP Pro SP3(build 2600)
    2GBs of RAM

Tell me what else you need to know (Newbie so I probably missed 80% of the things xD )
    Well there's your problem: Good god that's old. The only thing I can say is check the low fps thread and follow those. =/
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    What is the point of that post?
    Probably a spambot. They post ten somewhat nonsensical messages so they can post links.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Well there's your problem: Good god that's old. The only thing I can say is check the low fps thread and follow those. =/
    How can the same PC, run it smoothly one day, and then awful the next day? I doubt it's the age of the system since the change occurred in a 1 day time-frame mostly and it was huge for that time-frame.

i kinda doubt u can run 2-3x wows on ultra with that pc, anyway u should try to repair wow, and check drivers update
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

10+ Year Old Account
    How can the same PC, run it smoothly one day, and then awful the next day? I doubt it's the age of the system since the change occurred in a 1 day time-frame mostly and it was huge for that time-frame.
    Hence why I pointed to the low fps thread. It could be anywhere from addons, new drivers slowing stuff down, new patches bogging down the system. The initial problem started around a month ago so there's plenty of time for things to start going downhill.

Hence why I pointed to the low fps thread. It could be anywhere from addons, new drivers slowing stuff down, new patches bogging down the system. The initial problem started around a month ago so there's plenty of time for things to start going downhill.
    Yeah I did most of the stuff from the thread now, hope it helps, but I think it maybe a hardware damage. If the stuff from the thread doesn't help,I'll have to take it to service :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I did most of the stuff from the thread now, hope it helps, but I think it maybe a hardware damage. If the stuff from the thread doesn't help,I'll have to take it to service :S
    Which would truly be a waste. The cost of 'fixing' something that problem probably isn't fixable could be better used to do a much needed rebuild. I would do a lot more trouble-shooting before I'd even consider taking it anywhere(although I'm biased I work on my own stuff)

Which would truly be a waste. The cost of 'fixing' something that problem probably isn't fixable could be better used to do a much needed rebuild. I would do a lot more trouble-shooting before I'd even consider taking it anywhere(although I'm biased I work on my own stuff)
    I was thinking more of an ordinary check-up. If it turns out 1 piece of hardware is damaged, and it doesn't cost much, I'll just replace it. Otherwise, damn xD