PvP Ret Returning Need Info

So im contemplating returning to the game and am looking for advice on gearing and spec etc.. will prolly play 3v3 and go for 2.2k have been 2k in rbgs and and 2100+ in 3's before.

I will link my current armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Verrina/simple

I mean like gear progression.. just run regular bg's and weekly arena to gear up?

oh and with transmog do I need to Own the item with model i want? like t6 id have to run bt to get it?

Fist of all, you want mastery after 5% hit(600) 20-26 exp.

And for transmog you have to run BT to get tokens, weapons, etc...

Regular BG's and Arena capping is the easiest way to gear up, correct. Ret is in a place that with a good partner in 2's you can push your cap past the entrance without much effort.

For transmog you must own the item that you want it to look like, yes.

There is some discussion as to which is better a Mastery heavy build or a Crit heavy build. I play with a ret in 2's that now favors a Crit heavy reforge and while it is very RNG dependant, which really Ret itself is very RNG. The Crit heavy style does have higher highs, but also you can go a match where you are subpar due to RNG gods. I prefer my partner running the Crit heavy as when stars do line up, my partner can tunnel the healer without much effort.
    Last edited by Serurian; 2012-02-03 at 05:46 PM.