Poll: How would you feel if MoP came in December?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't care either way as I don't raid and never will again and have not in a year almost, I use the game as communication device to family and soon when they all get proper phones i wont need that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care cause I don't play wow anymore BUT....If Pandaria is released AFTER next july...I'll be sad for the wow players stuck with the same crappy content for months.....At least there were 14 bosses in ICC.....Farming 8 bosses for more then 8 months is ridiculous...

I still remember the first years of wow...When we got a content patch every 2 months or so....Talent overhaul/New raids...

I still remember they released Naxx WAAAAYYYYY too fast because most people weren't done with AQ20/40...

Now we're on the opposite side of the scale...Content takes forever to get out, with only a couple of bosses to keep you entertained for a lot longer then before...

That's one of the reasons I left wow

If they don't get MoP out before the Annual Pass is up (October 2012), they're going to be in serious trouble, or at least not going to be getting the maximum benefit out of the Annual Pass. If people are committed to the Annual Pass still when MoP comes out, they'll be much more likely to buy the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see them giving us 12 months in a 8 boss raid already bored of it 2/3months down the line. I know they did in wrath but that was a long expantion no matter how you put it. now they for some moneygrubbing reason they want to push out an expantion every 12-18months(correct me if i am wrong) they wont risk leaving that big of gap with the poor quality of patch content we have seen in cata (ok some bosses did have some really niffty mechanics) but only 2 content patches!?!?! i am still pissed about abysal maw " we felt it ended the vashjir story well as it alrdy is." bullshit you cant just have the elemental lord of water disappear without a trace after he is eaten by an octapus. so to put it lightly I'm alreayd pissed with this expantion and cannot wait for MoP.
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Where did you pull those options from? Your ass?
    Is that you being nice?

I'd be pretty pissed, that means yet another year of DS

Quote Originally Posted by Buryit View Post
    I don't care either way as I don't raid and never will again and have not in a year almost, I use the game as communication device to family and soon when they all get proper phones i wont need that.
    Why dont you just use skype? Its free. Or set up a cheap 5-10 person ventrillo which would only cost you like $5 bucks a month.

Could not give any less of a fuck about MoP. I log on to WoW to roleplay these days, and nothing else. Pandas will ruin that as well, so chances are that whatever the release date of MoP is will be how long +/- a month I have left in WoW. Unless GW2 comes out first, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the 2nd option.
    I'll be playing beta either way.

Though I doubt it'll be that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF (and i find it unlikely it will be out then but i'll play the hypothetical) IF it comes out in december, i'll be cancelling my sub as soon as anuall pass unlocks me (when was that, october or something? i signed up pretty soon), deleting the game, and forgetting all about it

sure mop might be awesome and everything, but i couldn't take 10 month of 4.3, i'm already bored of the patch (bored to MY desires, i've killed deathwing and have no interest in raiding or pvping anymore so don't tell me there's lots more to do )

i'd play wow less and less, mostly leveling toons, as i find most of my enjoyment comes from the old world and outland (so levels 1-70), i'd probably have effectively quit the game around about summer time and only maintain the sub as i signed the contract

that being said, whilst i'm becoming more bored of wow, if mop is out soon enough, i might find myself enjoying the game more and still be playing in a couple years time, depends

Dragonsoul 8/8 HC has already been cleared & you expect this patch to last ONE YEAR? haha. It will be out in a few short months.

I don't care, because:

a) I've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft 1, and I still can't get a beta invite to one of their games, while every other game is sending them to me like they're candy, and
    b) I'm not paying for a year's subscription to one game I no longer enjoy, just to get a free copy of another game I don't know if I will, and access to a beta of that first game. Diablo 3 will probably cost around $60. A year of WoW costs $180 or thereabouts. Why should I pay three times as much, for one game I don't like, and another I don't have an opinion on anyway. How does that make good financial sense.

I've been loyal to Blizzard and supported them for many years. In return, I get nothing but the shaft. Well, now it's Blizzard's turn to take it up the ass, because they're not going to take another dime from me.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    Dragonsoul 8/8 HC has already been cleared & you expect this patch to last ONE YEAR? haha. It will be out in a few short months.
    At the same time as Diablo 3 and without propper testing? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Personally I don't care. I tend to enjoy the end of an expansion much more then the begining / middle (based on my experiance with TBC and WoTLK). So I don't care when it hits.

Deleted
    Title was very misleading...
    but to answer the question, 12 months of DS would probably kill the game, so Blizzard would have to release some in between sunwell patch.

I would be upset, unless the Xpack turned out to be the best version of WoW ever, and then I would still be annoyed. That said, it won't take that long. It seems fairly evident that they started working on this before Cata came out. They also don't have to overcome technical obstacles like Cata did (making flying possible in Kalimdor and EK, new 1-60 experience). From the info we've been shown, it looks like they are decently far along in their development.

We really won't know much else until March during their media announcement/blitz. I have a feeling that Beta will begin in March, which could mean a June/July release if things go well.

First off, as many other people have stated, your title is misleading. Secondly, your poll choices are very biased.

But to answer your question, I don't really care. I enjoy WoW, but I am currently taking a break. I'll likely pick it up again sometime in the foreseeable future...I have no issues with Mists, and I'm keeping my mind open until I play the game (which so few people seem to be able to do).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not big into raiding anyways and with how sporadically I play, it would just give me more time to level my alts. Hell, I haven't even quested through Twilight Highlands on any toon.

I don't intend on starting to play again until May at the earliest. I actually think I would like it better if it was December for the above reasons.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Oh thread title was misleading. I'm glad the OP made it opinion on how it would make you feel haha.

I just feel it has to be said that we can expect this game int he summer. I'm almost 100% sure on that. If I had to wait until December, I'm not sure how I would feel honestly. I had quit WoW when Firelands hit and the game died for me. From July-Nov didn't touch an mmo or miss WoW which I thought would happen. Played star wars (I'm a massive star wars fan!!!), got a sith warrior to lv50, and then something magical happened: I MISSED WoW!!! I realized that swtor died for me the minute I finished my class story at lv50. There was no point! WoW was calling me back and I'm now enjoying the game immensely after being disgusted by 4.2.

What's the point of my tangent? Well, had you asked me this question earlier I would have said either a) I wouldn't care about the release date because I was happy with swtor OR b) the release date is way too late to survive competition from swtor, GW2, etc. Now, however, I'd be annoyed that I would have to wait so long, but I'm enjoying WoW immensely and if the xpac is good as promised I wouldn't mind the wait too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    If this were to happen, and you had to wait until december for the next expansion, how would you feel? Would you be ok with 12 months of DS? Would you play other games? What do you think would happen?

/discuss
    I don't play the game right now, and dont plan on playing until a release date is announced. When I do play wow I just pvp. Pvp'ing across 11 more months would suck, so yeah I would be upset if this was to happen cause I really want to get back into the game.