Having trouble making cash with my profs

I have synthweaving, archeology, and underworld trading. Whats the best way to make some credits with them?

remove one and get slicing.

no, seriously.

then once you have money you use that money to get 400 in 3 skills that benefit one another and sell that stuff on the trade network.

i know thats probably not the answer you wanted, but it is the "best" method.

If you want to stick it out with your 3 skills and make a profit it seems to be better to just get to 400 quickly and only bother trying to make money off the high end stuff. most markets seem pretty depressed because so many people are leveling right now, not many people spend money to upgrade using crafted items because their effective lifespan is so short. this leads to the trade network selling things still at a loss. tier3+ resource missions get pricey! and with so many people leveling trade skills, its a buyers market.

once you have some 48+ purple craftables you can start making money. you can sell those for 20K a pop and resource missions in the 50 bracket only cost 2K. then if you have high affection on your companions you really start getting some good yields for your 2K. this is when it all starts coming together.

so far my game plan with all my toons has been to level them with just slicing. i send all available companions on slicing missions all the time and you always make money. once 50 if you didn't spend exorbitantly while leveling (3rd storage bay, full bag bars, 50 speeder etc) you should be sitting on about 2 million credits with a cargo hold full of lvl 340 missions which, if played correctly, will net you 15-20K a pop. the trick with selling those is to horde them until the markets are depressed. no point in selling missions when there are 15 pages of them. but if you wait until someone cleans out the market you can post for top dollar.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can keep your current profs, sell the mats in the GTN to the old slicers who are trying to get to 400 and power level though GTN.

Slicing nerf made it good really only when you get missions; other than that the yeild is not much different than slicing now. Selling mods (orange armor may be ok) also can make profits (only blue/purp's though).

All of this varies based off of your server.... in the end, you make (from what I've read) so much cash at 50 from dailies - worrying about profits from profs is pound foolish.

Deleted
    Quite frankly I hate dailies, I hate running the same quests over and over and over again, even if they pay reasonably well. So I craft and sell on the GTN. I'm up to 7,5m now, not much by some standards but a lot for my low pop Republic server.

What I craft? Armor - specifically tanking and dps armor. Dps armor sells better, there are more DPS than tanks. I spent a lot of time getting recipes through RE, but not I can craft a full lvl 49 heavy armor DPS set, a full Tanking set and a full medium armor DPS set. The profit is roughly 200-400% the cost of mats, and while they dont sell instantly, they do sell. I make around 500k a day from my items, not a lot but more than enough to cover respecs and consumables.

you may get ban for that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Sit at an Ilum chest and just send your guys on missions while you play an alt and log back in every 10 mins to loot chests *Snip*
    When I see lowbies chest camping in a high level zone (especially the bots), I like to pull mobs that do an AoE attack over to the chest and heal through the damage for a few mins. The lowbies then log back in to loot the chests, enter combat thanks to the AoE and get wtfpwned.
    (This is actually a good way to identify bots cos they will continue to try loot chest whilst in combat, and thus unable to do so)

Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hempstar View Post
    When I see lowbies chest camping in a high level zone (especially the bots), I like to pull mobs that do an AoE attack over to the chest and heal through the damage for a few mins. The lowbies then log back in to loot the chests, enter combat thanks to the AoE and get wtfpwned.
    (This is actually a good way to identify bots cos they will continue to try loot chest whilst in combat, and thus unable to do so)

Fun times.
    I'll have to remember that.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    I'll have to remember that.
    Except for the two best chests this wont work on. The big chests are only near friendly guards if you are republic and the other is near friendly empire guards. No mobs close by.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnap View Post
    I have synthweaving, archeology, and underworld trading. Whats the best way to make some credits with them?
    Synthweaving is useless, archeology/UWT missions should be profitable, depending on your server.

But really, if you want money, get slicing, it puts them both to shame.