Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Final Minute... Ultraxion 25 Heroic

How do we do this?! Just pray for it to end quick?!

All joking aside, how does your guild handle the raid cd's for the final minute of Ultraxion. What's too much, what's too little? We're thinking of using a cat to go bear in the beginning, then pop 4set at the 5 minute mark. We also have a DK tank with 4set and a paladin tank for raid wall. Other cd's we have are disc bubble and shaman spirit link totem. If anyone can help with some insight into your raid cd rotation (or help give a rotation for the cd's I listed) for that minute, that would be amazing! Thank you all in advance

Deleted
    Our guild (10 man though) uses 3 groups that soaks the HoT.
    Feral Bear and Holy Paladin
    Prot Warrior and Frost DK
    Shadow priest with Feral kitty (Me)

What your kitty should do if he is taking the HoT let him DPS as usual and when his time is up to take the hit switch to bear and pop Survival instincts and Barkskin. Second time he takes it he should go bear and pop Frenzied and barkskin as survival instincts wont be off CD yet.
    Cant speak for the other classes though but SP with Dispersion is more than enough xD

Deleted
    A very valuable cooldown, that many people forget is the Rallying Cry from warriors (tanks/dps). We raid only 10 man so i can't give you a rotation, but spirit link should be used at beginning so people don't loose the nozdormu buff in the start. Try to maintain that buff as long as you can so you can let it proc in the very end.

Also, have your healers go inside when you pop hero after the pull. They won't get the debuff and they can use it in the last minute of the fight
    Last edited by mmoc546db8285b; 2012-02-03 at 11:03 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Set up a cooldown rotation starting at 5:00 ending at 5:55-6:00. Tanks aoe cd's and Bloodlust are very important here.

Deleted
    I really think you're forgetting something if you have that few cds on 25 man.

Anyway, we killed him last night, post nerf. Here's our rotation:

Gave our healers hero shortly after 6th HoT, around when the raid gets time loop.
    Between 6th and 7th HoT cds we used were: a SLT, a RC and DG from pala tank

Hero runs out at 7th HoT, so after that for the last 45 seconds (35 actually, had 10 to spare to berserk):
    Barrier first, then Tranq, then DHymn. Along with those we had an aura mastery and a feral 4set.
    We could have actually used an amz there in the end but we didn't.

5 Healers btw

Here is a list of our cd's:

2 feral tranqs (one with a 4pc)
    2 boomkin tranqs
    1 spriest divine hymn
    1 disc priest bubble and divine hymn (is it even worth casting it as disc?)
    1 Dk tank with 4pc
    1 Prot Pally with 4pc
    1 Warrior for Rallying Cry
    2 Holy Paladins for Aura Mastery
    1 Resto Shaman with Spirit Link Totem
    1 Unholy DK with AMZ

We plan on 4 healing this to make the enrage time.

Hour of Twilight number 6 happens at ~4:30 and the 7th one happens at ~5:15. He casts the final bang at 6:00.

I've also read that our Holy Paladins should not cast anything besides Holy Radiance once they get blue. So, a quick Light of Dawn isn't worth it? What about a Guardian/Wings on a super +heals person like a kitty with Nurturing Instinct?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post

I've also read that our Holy Paladins should not cast anything besides Holy Radiance once they get blue. So, a quick Light of Dawn isn't worth it? What about a Guardian/Wings on a super +heals person like a kitty with Nurturing Instinct?
    Cast HoR, scrolling through different people and spam it and nothing else

2 boomkin tranqs
    1 spriest divine hymn
    1 Dk tank with 4pc
    1 Prot Pally with 4pc
    1 Unholy DK with AMZ

Hour of Twilight number 6 happens at ~4:30 and the 7th one happens at ~5:15. He casts the final bang at 6:00.

I would not recommend 4 healing it for a first kill, even with the nerf.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have HoT timers wrong, they start at 0:40 and there's 40s betwen each hit. 7th HoT is on 5:20. Usually we leave our Holy Pallies on that one, so they can keep spamming HR on everyone once they get out Twilight realm. Just bubble the damage - obviously they'll have to skip 5/6 HoT in order to make it.

Aura Mastery doesn't work, damage cannot be resisted. Spend that GCD on another Radiance.

Using DPSers Tranq/Divine Hymn should only be considered as last resort. It will drag out the fight, meaning you might not make the timer, or simply take this overwhelming damage for few more seconds. Feral 4pc is an exception, especially if they get Thrall buff - 40 seconds duration will cover majority of critical damage phase.

GoAK on +healing people is quite good, especially when paired with Wings and maybe Volcanic potion.

Divine Hymn as Disc is fine, especially since you should be using Red buff and Heroism. (and unlike DPS tranq, it offers +healing) Just drop a Barrier and use Hymn, that should cover 1:00-0:50. Along with Heroism and something minor to help out (AMZ/shout), you should last till 0:40 without losing Bronze buff.

Keep in mind that there's few second break after each HoT - I think AOE starts again at 0:33, so don't just use cooldowns on 0:40, it's precious seconds wasted. Prot Pally can cover 0:33-~0:20 and after that... well, you're screwed SLT isn't all that great here, so you're pretty much counting on DK 4pc and Bronze buff to keep you up until the end.

Get a 5th Healer - preferably another Disc. Pally is kinda meh (meaning, still good but not nearly as godly) without Blue, doesn't offer any cooldowns, Shammy SLT is only 10%. 2nd Barrier would be ideal, but anything might work to help out, even Tranq with Red. If you're worried about Berserk timer - have 2 healers DPS for first 3 minutes. It might not seem like much, but it can be >5mln, which is quite a bit and you don't lose any healing in last minute that way.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-02-04 at 12:45 AM.

2 boomkin tranqs
    1 spriest divine hymn
    1 Dk tank with 4pc
    1 Prot Pally with 4pc
    1 Unholy DK with AMZ

we did 4 heal it 2 holy pallies and 2 disc priest and using dps offset heals during the last push i a bad idea however we soon found out 5 healing it and just making the dps benchmark just 37k per raider was alot easier

Your DK tank's Vamp Blood is going to be essential. He can pop Vamp Blood at 5:00, when the damage immediately starts to pick up. It will last until the hour, at which point you have about 10s without vamp blood. Make sure your prot paladin doesn't stay in for the last hour, and have him divine guardian right as he comes back in(its a lot easier to time if you dont stay in, because damage doesnt start until a few seconds after the hour cast, which you may miss if you soak it). DG will last 12s, which will mean at around 5:32 you can vamp blood again. At 5:40, your lust for healers will be over; at this point, have your priest barrier.

The last 10s will be the most hectic, as you are pretty much out of cooldowns now. Barrier and Vamp blood will both wear off at 5:50, and all you can do now is Spirit Link Totem, AMZ, tranq, try to save it for this last bit if you dont need it earlier. Problem is, these cooldowns are all fairly weak; AMZ for example will absorb a whopping 1 attack by ultraxion, so it will last about 1-2s. Hopefully he will be dead by then. If you need the feral tranqs earlier use them as needed. Feral DPS can't really use Frenzied Regen unless they sit in bear for 15s, but if you absolutely need the CD earlier in the burn you may want to lose that DPS by having them sit in it to hit Frenzied.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You have HoT timers wrong, they start at 0:40 and there's 40s betwen each hit. 7th HoT is on 5:20. Usually we leave our Holy Pallies on that one, so they can keep spamming HR on everyone once they get out Twilight realm. Just bubble the damage - obviously they'll have to skip 5/6 HoT in order to make it.

Aura Mastery doesn't work, damage cannot be resisted. Spend that GCD on another Radiance.

Using DPSers Tranq/Divine Hymn should only be considered as last resort. It will drag out the fight, meaning you might not make the timer, or simply take this overwhelming damage for few more seconds. Feral 4pc is an exception, especially if they get Thrall buff - 40 seconds duration will cover majority of critical damage phase.

GoAK on +healing people is quite good, especially when paired with Wings and maybe Volcanic potion.

Divine Hymn as Disc is fine, especially since you should be using Red buff and Heroism. (and unlike DPS tranq, it offers +healing) Just drop a Barrier and use Hymn, that should cover 1:00-0:50. Along with Heroism and something minor to help out (AMZ/shout), you should last till 0:40 without losing Bronze buff.

Keep in mind that there's few second break after each HoT - I think AOE starts again at 0:33, so don't just use cooldowns on 0:40, it's precious seconds wasted. Prot Pally can cover 0:33-~0:20 and after that... well, you're screwed SLT isn't all that great here, so you're pretty much counting on DK 4pc and Bronze buff to keep you up until the end.

Get a 5th Healer - preferably another Disc. Pally is kinda meh (meaning, still good but not nearly as godly) without Blue, doesn't offer any cooldowns, Shammy SLT is only 10%. 2nd Barrier would be ideal, but anything might work to help out, even Tranq with Red. If you're worried about Berserk timer - have 2 healers DPS for first 3 minutes. It might not seem like much, but it can be >5mln, which is quite a bit and you don't lose any healing in last minute that way.
    God you're wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

1: The hour is cast at 0:45 and every 45 seconds after that (0:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3:00, 3:45, 4:30, 5:15, 6:00 for big bang). In normal mode, he FINISHES the cast at 5:20, if thats what you're referring to?

2: Aura mastery does work on Ultraxion's *NORMAL* twilight arc damage. It does NOT work against the actual Hour of Twilight (or the attack he does when there is no players in melee range).

4: Holy Radiance will benefit just as much from "Wings and maybe a Volcanic potion" as a Divine Light, and Holy radiance will thus still be better used. By all means, pop the guardian (not on the GBC afaik), so IF you have to land a singletarget heal, it'll atleast do some good (saving a tank for example) rather than none.

Also, I disagree with SLT being "meh". You are aware that SLT means that no one can actually die during the entirety its up (granted theres enough health on the raid to survive the arcs), and it is also impossible to overheal while it's up?
    In any case, 2x pallys, 1x disc 1x shaman 1x druid is a quite nice setup - shaman keeps healing rain down and dps along with disc dpsing, resto druid gets a red buff and uses WG + effloresence on CD (efflo will tick people who are lowest up with 30-40K ticks due to smart targetting, meaning everyone else can just do mindless "hit everyone" heals).

Deleted
    Nope, still better off using Holy Radiance. You can use the GotAK trick to conserve mana earlier on in the fight but not in the last minute. LoD is absolutely not even close to worth it, there should be absolutely nothing cast but HR in that last minute.

It would be fairly close I think but personally I'd still stick with HR.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-04 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    2: Aura mastery does work on Ultraxion's *NORMAL* twilight arc damage. It does NOT work against the actual Hour of Twilight (or the attack he does when there is no players in melee range).
    While I agree with everything else you said, could you please show me a log with twilight arc damage being resisted? I took a look through our most recent ultraxion log, and it doesn't show any resists whatsoever.

Code:
    [21:41:32.940] Ultraxion Twilight Instability Sadinar 30400
    [21:41:32.940] Ultraxion Twilight Instability Wargrim 30400
    [21:41:32.940] Ultraxion Twilight Instability Catbuz 30400
    [21:41:32.940] Ultraxion Twilight Instability Bellevue 28880
    [21:41:32.940] Ultraxion Twilight Instability Sarapheth 30400
    Just the first instability that hits; if it was resistable, there should be a (R: ###) in the log which isn't there.

Another noobish question... we plan on 4 healing and having our disc grab red and 2 holy paladins on blue. How is Green vs Red for shaman?

Deleted
    Another noobish question... we plan on 4 healing and having our disc grab red and 2 holy paladins on blue. How is Green vs Red for shaman?
    I've heard shamans preferring both. All in all I'd say they're pretty damn even but personally I'd give a slight edge to green just because it allows Chain Heal to spread over the entire raid and not overheal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1: The hour is cast at 0:45 and every 45 seconds after that (0:45, 1:30, 2:15, 3:00, 3:45, 4:30, 5:15, 6:00 for big bang). In normal mode, he FINISHES the cast at 5:20, if thats what you're referring to?

Also, I disagree with SLT being "meh". You are aware that SLT means that no one can actually die during the entirety its up (granted theres enough health on the raid to survive the arcs), and it is also impossible to overheal while it's up?
    SLT being "meh" is about its damage reduction compared to everything else. Health redistribution is nice in most cases... except here everyone takes damage at the same time, so the effect is marginal - you're basically left with 10% reduction, and that's not a lot. Overhealing doesn't really happen since you're taking ~40k every second - if you're somehow overhealing at this stage, you don't need cooldowns anyway.

Aura Mastery is useless, no damage can be resisted. Waste of a gcd which could be spent on healing. Says right there in the Journal - one amazing time when it's actually correct.

As for HoT timers - my bad. It's not like 1-6 matters and I only ever looked at last one vs berserk. The important point is that 7th starts on 0:40, finishes at 0:37, but boss AOE resumes at 0:33. It might only be 4 seconds, but when having limited cooldowns, saving 4 seconds is important. It's almost 10% of the time you need to survive, dropping that barrier to early would waste half of it.

Spirit Link is still really good, although in theory everyone's damage intake is static, everyone's health pools and damage mitigation are not, you've got people shifting in and out of twilight leaving you with some taking many hits in a row and others who desperately need to be brought up when they fade back in, random crits on some and not others... Lots of little things lead to health redistribution at that point being valuable, I'm sure I'm forgetting some. All on top of the 10% of course.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    SLT being "meh" is about its damage reduction compared to everything else. Health redistribution is nice in most cases... except here everyone takes damage at the same time, so the effect is marginal - you're basically left with 10% reduction, and that's not a lot. Overhealing doesn't really happen since you're taking ~40k every second - if you're somehow overhealing at this stage, you don't need cooldowns anyway.

Aura Mastery is useless, no damage can be resisted. Waste of a gcd which could be spent on healing. Says right there in the Journal - one amazing time when it's actually correct.

As for HoT timers - my bad. It's not like 1-6 matters and I only ever looked at last one vs berserk. The important point is that 7th starts on 0:40, finishes at 0:37, but boss AOE resumes at 0:33. It might only be 4 seconds, but when having limited cooldowns, saving 4 seconds is important. It's almost 10% of the time you need to survive, dropping that barrier to early would waste half of it.
    I guess if theres no logs of it being resisted, I may be wrong about the aura mastery. Although if you take a look at the journal, it only says it is unresistable for the Hour of Twilight. The unstable monstrosity (or whatever its named in the journal, can't login to look right now) says absolutly nothing about not being resistable.

And with 2 holy paladins, my guild manages to overheal just fine at the end, meaning SLT is awesome. It also means that WHEN someone dies, their timeloop brings them to full HP, and that HP gets shared to the raid (instead of ending up with half the raid having 80% hp and the other half 20%, assuming evenly spread AOE heals). It also means the healers doesn't have to watch tanks for 10 seconds, giving them more AOE healz-time.

I guess if theres no logs of it being resisted, I may be wrong about the aura mastery. Although if you take a look at the journal, it only says it is unresistable for the Hour of Twilight. The unstable monstrosity (or whatever its named in the journal, can't login to look right now) says absolutly nothing about not being resistable.
    I remember being surprised that it wasn't resistable at first too, and swear that it actually DOES say that it isn't in the DJ once it was brought to my attention, but that's splitting hairs: regardless of what the DJ may or may not mention, it's absolutely unresistable.