Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you sign up for guild wars 2 beta?

I can't seem to figure out where to sign up for it, and the beta invites are already being rolled out.

Deleted
    Its only for the press so far. they havent given us any info on how to sign up for the open beta that comes after that

Press beta in February. Public betas in March and April.

Sign up for the newsletter on their main site. Also having a NCsoft account cant hurt.

We'll probably be able to sign up at the start of next month.
    But, as said before, it is just for the press right now.

You sacrifice your first born child >

ArenaNet ArenaNet ArenaNet ArenaNet ArenaNet!

First you must prepare your application by sacrificing a fresh goathead over an alter constructed of Limburger cheese while wearing a stuffed vulture hat. Write out the application useing any fluids resulting from step 1. Next attach your application to a messenger pigeon bound for arena net headquarters. Now while hopping on one foot make 3 rotations clockwise and two counterclockwise while singing koombya and release the pigeon.

Or you could wait till Anet gives us somewhere to sign up for the beta :P like the posters above said its only press invites for this next round. If your considered a member of the press by Anet they will probably contact you. oh and ignore the first paragraph I always wanted to give a silly responce like that.

Who is John Galt?

A standard sign up style Beta is highly unlikely as that's not how ANet does things. ANet does mass testing for years while in early Alpha through late Alpha instead of inviting a few thousand people 6 months - 1 year prior to release when it's far too late to change much of anything at all. Starting in March there will be Beta Weekends, if handled how GW1 was handled, you'll simply need to preorder to get in. Obviously that's just my assumption, but everything points to that being the case. They're likely running 2 months of Beta Weekends and launching in June.

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you guys have watched the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler, this is one of those times where I wish I had that remote control from that movie and just FF to GW2 launch date

i'd rather rewind at bed when... well

The closed beta?

The beta signs you up, you don't sign up for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    The closed beta?

The beta signs you up, you don't sign up for the beta.
    In soviet arenanet, beta signs you up?

Once Beta signups are open, it will be on the front page of the guild wars 2 site.

Once Beta signups are open, it will be in every single topic on MMO-Champion and GW2Guru.*
    Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Once Beta signups are open, it will be on the front page of the guild wars 2 site.

Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    Once Beta signups are open, it will be in every single topic on MMO-Champion and GW2Guru.*
    Also this:
    No kidding, I'd be shocked if the announcement takes 5 minutes from Anet officially announcing it to when its reposted on these forums. I'm only giving it that long because I suspect the first few to see it will need a couple minutes to sign up before they take the time to copy/paste on these forums :P

Who is John Galt?

I'll be signing up for 2 Give me 10 mins lol

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I'll be signing up for 2 Give me 10 mins lol
    ya but Mif has ninja skills when it comes to forum posting of breaking news. I'm sure he could manage to sign up for several accounts and post in under 5 minutes :P

Who is John Galt?

cant yet, doesnt go public till march anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, man, I'm already signing up for the Guild Wars 3 Beta. Guild Wars 2 is so last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    First you must prepare your application by sacrificing a fresh goathead over an alter constructed of Limburger cheese while wearing a stuffed vulture hat. Write out the application useing any fluids resulting from step 1. Next attach your application to a messenger pigeon bound for arena net headquarters. Now while hopping on one foot make 3 rotations clockwise and two counterclockwise while singing koombya and release the pigeon.

Or you could wait till Anet gives us somewhere to sign up for the beta :P like the posters above said its only press invites for this next round. If your considered a member of the press by Anet they will probably contact you. oh and ignore the first paragraph I always wanted to give a silly responce like that.

Damn it, i did this before i knew it was the way to get into beta ;(