Good But Not Great (PvE)(Ele)

I love being Elemental in PvE. Love love love it. I feel as though I have a very good grasp on rotations, spell priorities, glyph choices, etc.

Now, I'm not a theorycrafter or perfectionist by any means, but I think I'm doing well. I mean, I can typically beat everyone in my (10man) raid group in damage on boss fights. But, I know there's always something I can improve on, so that's why I'm posting here.

Character Stats

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heeza/advanced

WoL Parses

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/58487/

It's all pretty standard. I switch between LvB Glyph and ULB Glyph depending on how movement intense the fight is.

Any input (as long as it's constructive) is much appreciated and taken into consideration!

Thanks!

Deleted
    Didn't check Wol. But this is what I noticed from just looking through it quickly.

Bad gem in gloves, relic and cloak. Put in a red ones. I know why you put a purple in your hands. But you shouldn't sacrefice intellect for a secondary stat.

Spec into earthquake and glyph chain lightning. Might help at times.

If I were you, I'd also take 2 points out of Totemic reach and put them into ancestral resolve. Just to help out your healers. Elemental shamans barely have any survival as it is. But this is optional and just a personal opinion.

• Warlord: No need to use UE. Improve some on FS uptime.
    • Yor'sahj: Improve on FS uptime some.
    • Hagara: Seems you weren't hit capped for this or something? Also stop using UE.
    • Ultraxion: You died. FS uptime could improve.
    • Blackhorn: You died (twice). LS uptime is bad. Fire Totem uptime was bad. FS uptime could improve.
    • Spine: Biggest thing that sticks out is that your Fire Totem uptime wasn't great.
    • Madness: Stop using UE. Holy cow you used Thunderstorm a lot -- don't do that for AoE dmg. FS uptime could be better.

That's just a quick glance. I'm sure there's more that could be said with further examination, but there is room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalven View Post
    Didn't check Wol. But this is what I noticed from just looking through it quickly.

Bad gem in gloves, relic and cloak. Put in a red ones. I know why you put a purple in your hands. But you shouldn't sacrefice intellect for a secondary stat.

Spec into earthquake and glyph chain lightning. Might help at times.

If I were you, I'd also take 2 points out of Totemic reach and put them into ancestral resolve. Just to help out your healers. Elemental shamans barely have any survival as it is. But this is optional and just a personal opinion.
    Purple gem was the best way to keep hit capped without having to dick around with reforging for an hour or being grossly over/under. I'll have to re-evaluate my mastery with the trinket proc at full. I used the Int/Mastery to keep it over the next .50 for the percent to proc.

I probably won't have Earthquake anymore unless they buff it again. From what I've seen, it's not uncommon to not have EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    • Hagara: Seems you weren't hit capped for this or something? Also stop using UE.
    • Blackhorn: You died (twice). LS uptime is bad. Fire Totem uptime was bad. FS uptime could improve.
    • Spine: Biggest thing that sticks out is that your Fire Totem uptime wasn't great.
    • Madness: Stop using UE. Holy cow you used Thunderstorm a lot -- don't do that for AoE dmg. FS uptime could be better.

That's just a quick glance. I'm sure there's more that could be said with further examination, but there is room for improvement.
    -UE for if I'm moving and only then.
    -(ok)
    -Misses were likely due to still spamming my rotation when she's immune.
    -Bad night; I rarely die.
    -See above. If you look at any back logs, you'll notice a big difference.
    -(ok)
    -UE only if I'm moving; big tentacle positioning spawn/Bolt; T.Storm on the bloods.

The only time I'm using UE is if I'm moving on a fight where there isn't a lot of movement and I have LvB over ULB glyph.

There's quite a few more logs in January. The February one is obviously not my best playing.

Thanks for your guys' input. It's appreciated.
    Last edited by Groot; 2012-02-04 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Purple gem was the best way to keep hit capped without having to dick around with reforging for an hour or being grossly over/under. I'll have to re-evaluate my mastery with the trinket proc at full. I used the Int/Mastery to keep it over the next .50 for the percent to proc.
    I probably won't have Earthquake anymore unless they buff it again. From what I've seen, it's not uncommon to not have EQ.
    2 things, EQ is good at 5+ targets an 5-6 sec time to work - pre cast @ madness is usefull, also combi @ yor'sahj with multiplying addspawn. Second is, that you dont have to hit a specific mastery number to get the relativ chance. The number will show only on specific ratings, but all after .xx will also be evaluated in any fight. thus no need to look at specific mastery rating levels.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    UE should never be used for moving for that you got unleashed glyph, if you do not want to dick around yourself with reforging then here is what you do.

1. Get all the optimal gems
    2. get all the optimal enchants
    3. use a site like wow-reforge or the addon reforgelite. Best works if you get some stat value before that from simcrafting

Deleted
    Download ReforgeLite. Then theres no need to 'dick around' for hours to get hit capped. It does it for you. Plug in some numbers for how much haste you want relative to your mastery, put crit at the bottom, it'll do the work for you in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    UE should never be used for moving for that you got unleashed glyph, if you do not want to dick around yourself with reforging then here is what you do.
    I agree. But there are some fights were there is a little bit of movement, but not enough to sustain the ULB glyph. What about fights were you're not moving for 80% of the fight? Is ULB worth the loss in LvB damage? If you're not moving most the fight, I didn't think it was.

Also, I won't use UE if I can do something else, refresh totems, Fulmination proc, refresh FS, etc. Which is almost always the case unless I have a refreshed ability on that was on a Power Torrent proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    2 things, EQ is good at 5+ targets an 5-6 sec time to work - pre cast @ madness is usefull, also combi @ yor'sahj with multiplying addspawn. Second is, that you dont have to hit a specific mastery number to get the relativ chance. The number will show only on specific ratings, but all after .xx will also be evaluated in any fight. thus no need to look at specific mastery rating levels.
    But our mastery gets an additional 1% at every .50 of mastery. I'm just keeping it above the "cap" so there's no wasted stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Download ReforgeLite. Then theres no need to 'dick around' for hours to get hit capped. It does it for you. Plug in some numbers for how much haste you want relative to your mastery, put crit at the bottom, it'll do the work for you in a matter of seconds.
    So that's a second recommendation for ReforgeLite. I'll load it up and give it a shot.

Thanks guys.

Deleted
    I agree. But there are some fights were there is a little bit of movement, but not enough to sustain the ULB glyph. What about fights were you're not moving for 80% of the fight? Is ULB worth the loss in LvB damage? If you're not moving most the fight, I didn't think it was.

Also, I won't use UE if I can do something else, refresh totems, Fulmination proc, refresh FS, etc. Which is almost always the case unless I have a refreshed ability on that was on a Power Torrent proc.

But our mastery gets an additional 1% at every .50 of mastery. I'm just keeping it above the "cap" so there's no wasted stats.

So that's a second recommendation for ReforgeLite. I'll load it up and give it a shot.

Thanks guys.
    Glyph of Unleashed Lightning is a DPS on any fight you have to cancel two Lightning Bolts per minute on, which is a fair few.

Also, Mastery doesn't work like that, although your tooltip doesn't say it, you benefit from every point of mastery, not just a 0.5% and 1% increments of Mastery Rating, you can have 1.499999999 Mastery, still benefit from those 0.4999999999 points, they aren't useless, they just aren't displayed in the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account

If you have to cancel a cast or start a cast while moving more than twice in a 90 second period, you should be glyphing UL. That's basically every fight in Dragon Soul except Ultraxion. Bear in mind that with Haste, running for 2 seconds every minute and a half means you should have been using UL.

Unless you're running a Totemic Focus spec, there's nowhere else to put that talent point that could possibly give you any DPS increase, while EQ is a DPS increase at least on Yor'sahj and situationally on Madness.

If you're running two Elemental specs, by all means run one with EQ and one without. But you're not going to gain any DPS that way, you'll just gain some slight survivability, which is only helpful to the raid if healers are struggling.

Mastery doesn't work like that. The character screen is just rounding numbers off.

I dont want to open a new thread so Im gonna post my problem under this one.. I think I am having some low dps problems too given my gear level, I know my gems arent epic and I'm gonna buy them soon. Comments, suggestions about rest of my reforge-glyph-ench-spec are very welcome..

Simcraft gave me 1.51 for haste and 1.57 for mastery. Here's my armory and WoL links;

eu battle net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/varol/advanced

www worldoflogs com/guilds/187126/

I cant post links yet so please just put the dots in the proper places

Thanks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varol View Post
    I dont want to open a new thread so Im gonna post my problem under this one.. I think I am having some low dps problems too given my gear level, I know my gems arent epic and I'm gonna buy them soon. Comments, suggestions about rest of my reforge-glyph-ench-spec are very welcome..

Simcraft gave me 1.51 for haste and 1.57 for mastery. Here's my armory and WoL links;

eu battle net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/varol/advanced

www worldoflogs com/guilds/187126/

I cant post links yet so please just put the dots in the proper places

Thanks..
    Here are Varols links for people too busy to copy and paste :-

Armoury :- Varol
    Logs :- Logs

Unfortunately I have to rush out the door so I can't look over the logs atm but a after a quick glance at your armoury I can't see anything wrong spec/gear wise so if your having issues with low dps its likely in your gameplay (though getting 4 set asap should help a bit).

Deleted
    Removed this msg and made own thread.
    Last edited by mmoc8f7998508b; 2012-02-06 at 03:02 PM. Reason: removed made own thread

Ok. So I got ReforgeLite and...I have no idea what the fuck I'm looking at.

So we're all clear, I've never crafted any theories before. Ever.

So I'm running some Simcraft stuff, but I don't know what I'm doing or looking for despite reading the "How To" in the Ele FAQ. What am I supposed to be scaling/plotting/reforge plotting if I want to know enchant/reforge fixes?

ANOTHER EDIT:
    Just did some re-gemming and reforging. The "wowforge" site values haste over mastery, so I had to self-figure it. I think it looks ok now...
    Last edited by Groot; 2012-02-07 at 03:44 AM.

you can also use AskMrRobot.com for reforging, it used to be really nice and easy to read, its ok now, someone just wanted to add all kinds of black... It appears you could change around a couple gems, but I dont get why it does that some times, also some of your reforging could use some work, but overall your not far off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post

Uh why not thunderstorm...spellweave much?

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat? View Post
    Uh why not thunderstorm...spellweave much?
    I always just preferred CL, though I guess if they're passing by it could be worth it.

I really appreciate the feedback posted here. Won't see any results until my next raid on Thursday, so stay tuned!