Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizz hardly will bann any random retris doing high dmg in lfr.

Deleted
    if you used it to:
    1: get ya self from 0-2.6k rateing as ive heard people did then yes ok ban deserved
    2: altered your raid comp to as many rets as poss for guild prog then yes also.

It was obv a bug we all READ the T+C the day before OFC lolz

But if you played ya alt and had fun in a normal bg for 1hr-2 who cares i would have if i wasnt holy/prot lol

Deleted
    Was good fun when we had the power though ;-D

i would think the abuse would have to be pretty blatant for blizz to crack down on someone in this instance. it's not like you had to alt-f4 while using a /sit t-bag macro to gain some advantage, just use your normal rotation. most probably didn't even realize, or like an earlier poster thought recount weirded out

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Blizz hardly will bann any random retris doing high dmg in lfr.
    Oh no of course not if you did thngs that you normally could do anyway nobody is affected by that.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i would think the abuse would have to be pretty blatant for blizz to crack down on someone in this instance. it's not like you had to alt-f4 while using a /sit t-bag macro to gain some advantage, just use your normal rotation. most probably didn't even realize, or like an earlier poster thought recount weirded out
    I don't know how you can do 10 times as much damage as normal and not notice it.... things dieing really fast is kinda a big clue. But the point is what people did after they found out about the bug. Nobody would care if you ran LFR or did some dungeons or solo'd lich king. But if you actively went out of your way to faceroll arena for points and rating gain or went and killed heroic bosses you could not normally kill then that is the very definition of gaining unfair advantage by exploiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    Several guilds used pally alts to do progress. One shotting ppl in arenas is rather noticeable. But this is why blizzard wrote "extreme cases" because they couldn't bann just everyone who happened to do anything with a retri.

Deleted
    im just gutted WoL hasn't been fixed.

Example Extreme Case: 10 Paladin's Killing 10m Heroic Fireland Bosses in under 30 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Real simple, if bug in game, if you accidentally do it with or without realizing it no harm no foul, if you then turn around and exploit the bug knowing good and well that it is a bug to gain things you would normally otherwise have a challenge doing then there is harm and foul...

Example say back when there where weapon proficiencies there is a bug where an unarmed mage does 10x the normal DPS of a mage on raid mobs and bosses, your on your mage in a "friends only" raid where you are leveling your unarmed skill for the achievement because your friends don't mind that your doing no DPS (unaware of bug still), during that run at the end everyone is confused why the boss downed so fast and looking at recount they see your ungodly damage output. That run there is no harm no foul because exploiting was not the intent, but if you then go back in with 24 different unarmed guild mages and a enchanter to then go and farm enchant mats and BoE epics, then you are intentionally exploiting the bug and that's when actions are taken.

Rogues doing their normal rotation on lich king, did they get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Real simple, if bug in game, if you accidentally do it with or without realizing it no harm no foul, if you then turn around and exploit the bug knowing good and well that it is a bug to gain things you would normally otherwise have a challenge doing then there is harm and foul...
    they didn't even try heroic ultraxion before

1. With progression being over and insane nerfs out in heroic DS.... who cares if some random guild bring 25 rets and down deathwing lol...? progression race is over and those people who "get" progression kills benefits nothing from it since they cant exactly repeat it. Besides, they are going to totally missed the feeling of absolute bliss of downing a boss.

2. If for example ur guild is now listed as 8/8 heroic guild, and front page screenshot of ur kill involves 25 rets, you are still not going to get decent recruit or players for the up coming MoP progression.

3. Any guild that uses this bug and stack ret are obviously insane after what they did to LFR exploiters.
    If they didnt get banned for this good for them and noone has the right to complain because its ur fault for not abusing it when u know others do. Its like gambling, they took the risk and if they benefited from it good for them, if they get banned, sucks to be them.
    Last edited by anthell; 2012-02-04 at 08:16 AM.

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    1. With progression being over and insane nerfs out in heroic DS.... who cares if some random guild bring 25 rets and down deathwing lol...?
    Blizzard needs to be less unpredictable in regards of when exploiting is bad. While the race is over, it still matters.

Only thing I could see being bannable would be, say, using the ridiculously high DPS to solo things that would not otherwise be soloable, or using it to unfairly bump your guild's progression up. Things like that.

It's hard to really define "extreme" cases as this bug was something in a retadin's normal rotation. It wasn't really something they had to go out of their way to take advantage of.

Deleted
    Blizzard has no right to ban in this case... They screwed up a class and unless they told people "don't play in this time" and gave them back the money for those days they have nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd be in the mindset that anyone who used a ret paladin they have never used before but has been in their guild for a long time (so excluding people who just happened to be trialing a paladin) should have the paladin banned, especially if the pally is normally holly or prot, because those people were clearly trying to exploit.

Other paladins though that normally raid ret, even if they got some kills they wouldn't have other wise, shouldn't be banned since the only way they could have stopped the bug is by not playing and did nothing to actually try and exploit.

In most cases, I side with punishing any exploit. However, this particular "exploit" required no special activation. Worse, the only way you could avoid it would be to not play your character, or to reduce your character's effectiveness to the point where it was no longer viable.

I'd have to judge anything on a case-by-case basis, but it would mostly come down to intent for me. I'd personally be more inclined to take action against paladins who accomplished things they'd never before accomplished under the effects of the bug. First time down ultraxixon heroic? Suspend. Just another normal kill in a guild that's had it on farm for weeks? It's fine.

Either way though, it's a tough call.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no I have a few RET paladin friends that have been banned for doing Arena thing, I'm sure you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    In most cases, I side with punishing any exploit. However, this particular "exploit" required no special activation. Worse, the only way you could avoid it would be to not play your character, or to reduce your character's effectiveness to the point where it was no longer viable.

I'd have to judge anything on a case-by-case basis, but it would mostly come down to intent for me. I'd personally be more inclined to take action against paladins who accomplished things they'd never before accomplished under the effects of the bug. First time down ultraxixon heroic? Suspend. Just another normal kill in a guild that's had it on farm for weeks? It's fine.

Either way though, it's a tough call.
    Even for ultra hc kills and the likes it would depend on the guilds previous non bug attempts, and if they altered setup (more rets) for the kill. If a guild had some sub 10% wipes without the bug, and just went there with the same setup, one cant realy force them to bench 1 of their dpsers and those low% wipes pre bug proof that they execute the tactic properly.

-The guy who got mailed that Martin's Fury shirt that instantly kills everything around you got banned.

-That rogue who used Saronite Bombs on the Lich King back in Wrath got banned because the siege damage reset the Frozen Throne even though no one was able to playtest the fight to notice -this very type of bug-.

-Guilds who exploited the LFR reconnect bug got banned.

So why don't the people who got unfair gear, achievements, arena rating, etc. from the paladin bug get banned since Blizzard has banned for less? There shouldn't BE a question, the answer is: yes. Discussion over.