Firefox + MMO-C = Getting Spam Tabs?

Recently (past 2-3 days), when I visit MMO-Champion and enter text into a text box, I will sometimes get a spam popup in a new tab. The weird thing is, if I have MMO-Champion open in one tab, and I enter text into a textbox on a different website in a different tab, the same spam popup will occur. This only happens when I have MMO-Champion open.

I've done a scans with Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials, and I haven't found any spyware or viruses. I've checked through my processes, and nothing new stands out. I don't have any Firefox extensions.

Anyone else experiencing this problem, or know what could be going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to post this on Suggestions & Feedback to get help from mods, cause it might be a website issue and not your browser.

On another note the textbox seems very sluggish & laggy, MMO-Champion.com is the only website I have those laggy moments.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Not sure what can be going on, but prevent it forever else by using AdBlock Plus extension for FF.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

I was wondering why I was using FF and not experiencing these issues, but AdBlock might just be the reason why.

Advertising is fine, until it fucks up your website to the point of annoying your users. That's counterproductive.
    Super casual.

Its been happening the past few days for me as well. Happened actually 10 min ago to.

Using Firefox, never notice this...
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just came over to this section to create a post till I saw this one. I'm having the same exact issue after updating FF.

When it happens, each time I push a key on the keyboard (as in I am replying to a OP or another poster) it opens a ad in a new tab.

Also nothing on any of my AV and it only happens with MMO-C...no other sites except this one.

From Firefox:
    he Mozilla Firefox browser includes a pop-up blocker to prevent pop-up windows or pop-up tabs from opening without the user's consent. The pop-up blocker in Firefox has an option to specify which websites are allowed or blocked from displaying pop-up windows. In some cases, the pop-up blocker will fail to block Firefox spam tabs. This is not a bug or issue in the browser, but a problem in the webpage being viewed.

Rogue distributors, hackers or malware creators are using several new techniques to find victims. Some of them will inject a script or code into a webpage or compromised website. The script or code will trigger a new pop-up tab in Firefox which you may or may not be able to close. Others will use legitimate advertisements to inject the malicious scripts that will open a new spam tab. Even good or reputable sites may become victims of a malicious script, if the ad server is not filtered by the account holder or the ad server provider. To get rid of these unwanted pop-up tabs in Firefox, follow the steps in this article.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-02-04 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Just came over to this section to create a post till I saw this one. I'm having the same exact issue after updating FF.

When it happens, each time I push a key on the keyboard (as in I am replying to a OP or another poster) it opens a ad in a new tab.

Also nothing on any of my AV and it only happens with MMO-C...no other sites except this one.

Just trying it and it seems fine. New window, new reply, nothing. No popup at all. Im at FF 10.0 and it seems to be uptodate. Maybe you have an additional addon which interfers with mmo-c after the update?

I just now had this issue start happening. The only addon I had installed for my browser was StumbleUpon. Now I have Adblock Plus installed because of the insane amount of new tabs I had opening

I had this happen today. Just went back to using Chrome ><

noscript + addblock >internet.

i use WATERfox (same shit but water instead of fire lol) it's firefox for 64bits never had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    noscript + addblock >internet.
    What this dude said. Don't leave home w/o NoScript, Adblock and Firefox installed.