Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I thought the same thing...how can people just let a Hunter free cast on them the entire time? Like...there's a reason the Mage was being trained.
    You must not arena much, do ya :P? Before I go on this rant, bear in mind I'm assuming you're talking about the RMP vs PHD.

The reason you see what's happening in this video is because the only options an RMP has is to go on the DK or the Paladin. The opener on their paladin was beautiful and to be honest, probably should've netted them the kill but they decide not to risk going all in, so they let the pally get away and swapped DK. A good hunter, and especially with these guys who had an amazing one (Braindeadly), will give the rogue next to no uptime on him while pumping out immense damage. So the situation you would see is - rogue trying to get on hunter, hunter kiting him around and limiting damage, mage trying to poke out of the pillar and getting railed by the hunter, and letting the DK do whatever he pleases because the Paladin would be un-CCable outside of DF/Impact/Ring.

Basically, the RMP played it correctly. PHD just does a TON of damage to mages. I've played ATC, KFC, PHD in the past and we're always amazing against mages. When we see one, we get VERY happy. The matches in NAO are great and I fully support them. I hope more and more people watch each week so we can make this bigger than any Blizzard sponsored tournament. Maybe it will make them see what a poor job they're doing and actually care about the PvP community.

---------- Post added 2012-02-04 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    I stopped the viedo at "Aura mastery used by the priest."
    Reeaaallllyyyy hope that's a joke -.-. Everyone, or at least a lot, of people call it Aura Mastery. I've been playing my priest as my main PvP character for a little over a year now and I refer to it as Aura Mastery because it's essentially the same effect and AM was the first of it's kind, also the fact that I played a paladin main for many years before this. I believe the person who called it Aura Mastery was Azael. If you don't know who Azael is, then... well... I guess it makes sense why you stopped the video :P.
    Last edited by Meowington707; 2012-02-04 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ul View Post
    Gating content for LFR is also something i'd like to see. People would gear up slower, raiders would not have to run the whole thing just to get tier 4p set bonuses with lower iLvl.
    Raiders don't HAVE to run it, the LFR is for people who can't do normals/Heroics for whatever reason. Be it time, lack of guild or lack of good skill. I don't feel people should be gate out of the LFR, if raiders are running it and burning them selves out its their problem no one elses. What WOULD be good is to add a feature that locks people out if they have heroic or normal raid gear on from DS. They obviously have no reason even being in the LFR to start with, and I have seen many people IN the LFR with full normal DS gear on rolling on items like they could use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2 | Group of Friend's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't have a lick of flexibility in my talent tree as of now. There is a "best build" and anything beyond that is either very, very marginally situational or almost completely useless.
    Great, well, as a Disc priest I have quite a few very meaningful options and several play styles, at least one of which will entirely vanish with the proposed "talent" set-up and one more will become far more marginal.

Can anyone tell me what the Unit Frame mod is that they use? That looks minimalistic and awesome.

What is the Unit Frame addon they are using?

is that jesse eisenberg? lol

meh the only thing I saw in this video was how retarded Pvp has become in arena.. zerg the mage win kk. they dont even have to time anything, the hunter sits back the whole game and does whatever he wants, afk firing on the mage np, dk sticks on mage, and after some time the mage dies yeah seems balanced.

no Leap of Faith, no fears, no sheeps, 2 full blinds and he didnt got a sap eventho there was no flare on the ground.. terrible games by the rpm no doubt they got owned
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Fower View Post
    no Leap of Faith, no fears, no sheeps, 2 full blinds and he didnt got a sap eventho there was no flare on the ground.. terrible games by the rpm no doubt they got owned
    Sorry, I just can't not comment on a PvP comment! So I decided to review the games to see what you were talking about and honestly I don't see what you're getting at. The first Blind was on the Hunter during the second match on RoV - why would he blow vanish/waste dance time walking all the way over to the hunter when they're doing damage and actually connecting on the Paladin. Imo, that was the right move. The second Blind came during the third game on Dalaran Sewers and it was again on the hunter - again I say, why would he waste time walking over there? Especially on Dalaran Sewers when his team was around the boxes anyways (hunters greatest weakness = LoS). Bear in mind he also had to peel the DK off their mage which is exactly what he was doing.

As far as the Fears and Leap of Faiths go, I never saw a need for Leap of Faith. The only person he would possibly need to grip is the Mage and they were sitting next to each other on every map anyways, so that's a moot point. I'll have to agree with you on the Fears though, I don't feel like rewatching the whole thing yet another time but I did skim through it and I didn't see very many fears. I, as a priest, can somewhat understand this as fighting a PHD when there's a mage on your team almost all your globals NEED to go into healing or else he splats.

You also have to remember that It's almost next to IMPOSSIBLE to fear a good paladin especially with a hunter/DK. Between Concussive Shot, Paladin Sprint, HoJ (outranges fear), Scatter, Silencing Shot, Monkey Stun, Strangulate, Chains of Ice, and Death Grip.... yeah. By the time you reach the paladin for a fear, your mage is 20% and in an Ice Block. Fear the DPS? Gets dispelled immediately and buys you maybe an extra global at best.

The priest in that RMP is just some no named priest though (at least to me) so of course his play wasn't top notch. I can point out just as many mistakes. The RMP didn't do too poorly, I liked the mages play. I just wanted to correct you on some things that weren't true. You make it sound like they made game breaking mistakes and were the worst RMP in the world. Hunters absolutely rail Mages, then you have the added annoyance of a DK. RMP struggles with PHD, you need to play flawlessly to beat them.
    Last edited by Meowington707; 2012-02-05 at 08:57 PM.

yes they did game breaking mistakes, becouse they avoided using full CC, coz from a sap u get into a deep/rof then fear and he will be forced to trinket then he can sit in a full sheep or he becomes a easy target. the priest positioning is critical, and usually when i play my mage, the rog either "eats" the traps from our priest or either i blink into them to save him, positioning is most important and that priest had none, thats why i didnt even matter if he would leap of faith or not

Quote Originally Posted by Fower View Post
    yes they did game breaking mistakes, becouse they avoided using full CC, coz from a sap u get into a deep/rof then fear and he will be forced to trinket then he can sit in a full sheep or he becomes a easy target. the priest positioning is critical, and usually when i play my mage, the rog either "eats" the traps from our priest or either i blink into them to save him, positioning is most important and that priest had none, thats why i didnt even matter if he would leap of faith or not
    Highest rating achieved? I'm just curious (not bashing or anything). It's just interesting you make the rogue eat traps and not the mage. Also like I said, while they did make a lot of mistakes, they didn't play horribly. You have to remember PHD causes a lot of pressure and they did an alright job. I will agree that the priest wasn't anything special, but it wasn't as horrible as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If anything, over the years we’ve put increased attention into raids so that a wider breadth of players can experience them. There are a great deal more options for pursuing raiding now than say, in classic World of Warcraft or The Burning Crusade, when raid groups were a fixed size and only one difficulty setting existed.
    Ah yes, the horrible, dark days of Vanilla and The Burning Crusade where raid content didn't become out-dated and pointless with each patch, and on the whole remained challenging throughout the expansion whatever gear one wore.

And, from one player to another, if you’re eager for raid zones with an “epic” feel, you’re going to really enjoy some of the stuff we have in store.
    This really is the worst kind of Deja vu; how many times have we heard this? Didn't they say the same about "epic" gear this expansion?

The intent of the talent calculator was to give players something to fool around with. We wanted everyone to get a feel for the idea we're going for in Mists so that it wouldn't sound as crazy or shocking when seen on "paper."
    All these dumbed-down talent calculators have brought us is less and less flexibility concerning our talents. There's no longer any room to fool around on the whole.
    There's MUCH more flexibility in the new talent trees than there are now...