Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

    Diablo 3 - 100,000 Diablo III Beta Invites

    Update on Retribution Paladin Bug
    The bug has been fixed and unless you've been a really big meaniepants, you won't get banned for playing your ret paladin yesterday.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The bug where paladin Seals could sometimes cause excessive damage has been fixed. This bug came as a result of a hotfix we put in to fix an issue where some attacks, such as Scatter Shot, were still causing Vengeance in PvP situations. While these things may seem totally unrelated, it has to do with our proc system, which is an extremely complicated mechanic under the hood. We reverted that hotfix, meaning you may sometimes see Vengeance in PvP. But we don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time.

    To be clear, we have no current plans to take action against players who experienced this bug last night unless we come across any extreme cases. The error was ours and we haven’t seen any evidence -- so far -- of players excessively exploiting the bug. We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-02-02 at 08:29 PM.

  2. #2
    I'm sad I missed that, honestly.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    Apparently some Ret's got together and killed Rhyolith in 15 seconds with this bug. I'd like to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  4. #4
    yeah it makes me wish my paladin wasn't level 1

  5. #5
    It was fun while it lasted. I'm glad to see Bliz isn't going to punish rets for playing their class.

  6. #6
    Nice move from Blizz. Thumb up for that.

  7. #7
    Blizz should ban people who used it to get first kills in DS hc or got arena rating beyond their skills, like 0-2.5k.

  8. #8
    I heard some guilds downed Spine and Madness heroic thanks to this, and they will get away with it? What's the meaning of PTR servers if bugs like this are on live servers? :S

  9. #9
    I can't imagine how screwed up Blizzard's code is that attempting to remove Vengeance in PVP somehow causes ret paladins to do 250k DPS.

  10. #10
    Too bad I missed this. I would have tried to solo something, like ICC. :P

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Maximus4004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    662
    Its a bit unfair for the guilds with rets that got server firsts. Due to this bug, apparently not working looking into on blizz's behalf.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Nosonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    It was fun while it lasted. I'm glad to see Bliz isn't going to punish rets for playing their class.
    its more then that though... all of a sudden your guild rushes into get some guild first kills because of you having this bonus =/= playing your class.. its abusing ASAP to get rewarded...

    For those who were just playing and it happened, thats one thing, but for people who went to 2k arena rating in a matter of minutes... well ya

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Galm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by xerv View Post
    I heard some guilds downed Spine and Madness heroic thanks to this, and they will get away with it? What's the meaning of PTR servers if bugs like this are on live servers? :S
    Read the OP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To be clear, we have no current plans to take action against players who experienced this bug last night unless we come across any extreme cases. The error was ours and we haven’t seen any evidence -- so far -- of players excessively exploiting the bug. We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Apparently some Ret's got together and killed Rhyolith in 15 seconds with this bug. I'd like to see that.
    yeah it was kind of funny, not sure if it was the group I was in or not buy four ret pallys killed ryho by DPSing his legs down and he died but nobody got credit and he didn't drop any loot.

  15. #15
    High Overlord crimsonhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    176
    the real question is when they are going to fix World Of Logs, cause right now it's looking pretty in pink...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Faemn View Post
    I'm sad I missed that, honestly.


    I didn't. Had some fun in BGs as I normally would, but didn't realize that's why I was hitting so hard. XD

  17. #17
    And blizzard does it again.Aka feel free to exploit as long as the community wont make a +50 pages thread about it.

  18. #18
    man thats crazy. havnt had anything that nice since the warlock rolling corruption bug.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by xerv View Post
    What's the meaning of PTR servers if bugs like this are on live servers? :S
    The Ret bug wasn't even on the PTR. Please read before commenting next time.
    Alliance: Dwarf Hunter Sabatieni
    Horde: Troll Warrior Sabatieni, Undead Priest Reulett

  20. #20
    I'm so sad that I had a power cut when all this was going on

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •