Nao Invitational UI

I was watching the Nao Invitational videos on the homepage and I've fallen in love with those Unit Frames. Those Buffs and CC debuffs icons on the portraits and those spell and abilities flowing... and an attached PvP trinket icon... just perfect. My UI tries to replicate all of that but I need lots of addon to do so, which consumes too much resources and they don't match each other, you can see they're different addons and whatnot.

So I was wondering, does anybody know which addon / UI layout is that one and how to get it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2012-02-04 at 03:56 AM.

According to the description on the original video they are a custom UI specifcally for the tournament.

The commentators said during streaming that the UI/addon is made by Russians, and those Russians let NAO use it for the tournament. This is all I know.

Deleted
    It looks pretty basic, should be easily done with a couple of the most popular mods from Curse.

The unitframes are nothing special, with stUF or oUF able to create such a layout with a trinket indicator.
    However what I hadn't seen before were the ability "timelines" near the frames, and the cooldown trackers.
    It is possible that an existing addon could create something similar to the cooldown trackers, just not a format I had seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    with stUF or oUF able to create such a layout with a trinket indicator.
    I use stUF, how do you create a trinket indicator? I've been looking for such option and can't find it.

Some further reading suggests maybe it was Shadowed Unitframes that had the trinket indication, possibly via another module rather than stUF.
    Though stUF does support custom Lua for the texts, so maybe some sort of indicator is possible. Just maybe text rather than icon based.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one a guy from, AJ was working on, he hasn't figured out how to get trinket timers working though

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-05 at 03:59 PM.

Hum...by trinket timers you mean to show what was popped/used when it happens or the cd until they're back up?
    For popped/used, try http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ator.html#info
    For CDs, one of the standard InterruptBar versions should do or even Icicle. Gladius could also show this nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by chukabi View Post
    This is one a guy from, AJ was working on, he hasn't figured out how to get trinket timers working though

[/url]
    Well, this is kinda nice to know someone talking about my work! I wouldn't have found this unless a guildie would've mentioned this Indeed, I've yet to figure out how to make the PvP Trinket timers to work. sUF doesn't seem to be willing to cooperate with me. Tested it in arena enviroments, not triggering the use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Hum...by trinket timers you mean to show what was popped/used when it happens or the cd until they're back up?
    For popped/used, try <removed link due to cant post>
    For CDs, one of the standard InterruptBar versions should do or even Icicle. Gladius could also show this nicely.
    If you look at the UI, I've set it up that Party and Arena frames both have PvP trinket timers. I don't care if it's shown "when" used, but when they use it, the cooldown timer triggers for it just like in official tournaments.

CD's I've nailed down to Juked and JukedParty already. Gladius shows trinkets, but only for enemy frames. We also need it for Party members!

Deleted
    Code:
    local onEvent = function(s,e,_,c,_,g,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,i) -- hope i counted correctly
        if (c == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS") and (i == 42292) and (g == UnitGUID(s.unit)) then -- i'm not sure if srcguid or dstguid is the caster in this case. use arg10 instead of arg6 for g in the function header if this doesn't work.
            CooldownFrame_SetTimer(s.c,GetTime(),120,1)
        end
    end
    local function create(parent,unit,size,point,xOff,yOff)
        local f = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,parent)
        f:SetSize(size,size)
        f:SetPoint(point,xOff,yOff)
        f.unit = unit
        f:SetScript("OnEvent",onEvent)
        f:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
        f.c = CreateFrame("Cooldown",nil,f)
        f.c:SetAllPoints()
        f.t = f:CreateTexture(nil,"BACKGROUND")
        f.t:SetAllPoints()
        f.t:SetTexture("Interface\\Icons\\inv_jewelry_trinketpvp_02")
    end
    -- call create for every UF here (or in ADDON_LOADED or whatever is applicable for the addon in question. you could also make a global function and call that in the UF's OnLoad if supported. lots of options.)
    Drycoded. Post back if there's issues.

This is something I made inspired by various tournament UIs.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-06 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finel View Post
    Well, this is kinda nice to know someone talking about my work! I wouldn't have found this unless a guildie would've mentioned this Indeed, I've yet to figure out how to make the PvP Trinket timers to work. sUF doesn't seem to be willing to cooperate with me. Tested it in arena enviroments, not triggering the use.

If you look at the UI, I've set it up that Party and Arena frames both have PvP trinket timers. I don't care if it's shown "when" used, but when they use it, the cooldown timer triggers for it just like in official tournaments.

CD's I've nailed down to Juked and JukedParty already. Gladius shows trinkets, but only for enemy frames. We also need it for Party members!
    Would be so cool if you could upload this somewhere and provide a link!
    Awesome interface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dleduc02 View Post

This is something I made inspired by various tournament UIs.
    That has some serious potential. Ideally chat would just disappear when it's inactive and I'd probably play with unitframe positioning and alpha... and add IceHUD because I'm weird like that.

But I like that setup. It's a good place to start.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hi

I would just like to know if the development by Fenel or Crusel is still going ahead. I work for an organisation that is planning to host Wow tournaments and we would be really interested in something like this.

Regards

Neels

Hi

Does anyone else know of other similar efforts. I am really interested to find out and any leads will be appreciated.

Regards

Neels