Poll: Do you wait?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I generally cross it when I deem it safe. Doesn't have to coincide with the little green man.
    When there's little kids around, I do as a good german would do and wait.
    else? jeez, there's something called common sense.

edit:
    seconding nektar on this one.
    the polling options are damn useless and biased

Always wait.

I got pulled up for jay-walking once.

I got points off my lisence for doing so.

Lesson learnt

depends on the road i'm crossing, most of the ones where i stay are in areas where there are usually massive gaps in traffic so you can cross safely, pushing the button and waiting just congests traffic, on busy roads though i would wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I cross when I don't see any cars nearby. Also, what a mean poll! I'm either sane or have a death wish.
    Exactly same here. And I could not agree more about the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in NYC. We never wait for the little green man, not that there even is one.

i generally cross when i consider it safe, most of the time thishappends right before he turns green

No. Why would I wait when there are no cars? I have eyes of my own right? I only wait when there is a lot of traffic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love when poll options are objective and non-reflective of the OP's personal bias.

OH WAIT!

LOL, this poll isn't biased at all

Yes, I wait, unless its really late at night, because then they are sometimes turned off, and then I could wait for literally the next morning before it changes!

Deleted
    If I'm alone or with other adults, I'll cross while it's safe. I trust my judgement and it's my life I'm risking. When I'm with my son I wait.

Knowing when a road is safe to cross is not equivalent to having a deathwish, nor is it comparable to insanity. What's the point in making a poll if you're going to load it so blatantly?

Where's the poll option for "No, I know how to cross roads because I'm not a complete spaz"?

It depends on the city. I work in a small city where there's not a lot of traffic, so it is generally safe to cross before he turns green.

But, if I'm in a large city, I almost always wait for him to turn green.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I usually wait, however, if the road is completely clear, then I'm crossing regardless of the little green man.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I love when poll options are objective and non-reflective of the OP's personal bias.

OH WAIT!
    Yeah, the poll is totally satire of those people... yeah... totally.

But seriously, people who don't wait for the little man make me feel like a dork, so they can all burn in the hellish inferno of twisted steel, molten rubber and thousands of charred, innocent, school children their reckless street crossing will inevitably cause.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually walk straight across as soon as I know it's safe enough. If it's an intersection with heavy traffic I usually wait, since there's no room to get across anyway.
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

Deleted
    if theres no cars coming, i just go, if theres a car coming i wait for the green man

depends how fast the speed limit is on the street. i j-walk all the time but i always can see where im going.. no point ending up dead or near-dead if u can wait 5 seconds for a light to change.

You actually missed an option. "I don't use crossings".

When I do though. It's generally due to heavy traffic or a dangerous looking crossroad (can't see traffic coming) and I want to be safe.

Deleted
    depends, if there's a need for it then yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends. At the University of Georgia, where I go, some of the crosswalks take forever to turn, so if there is not traffic I'll just go. There are some downtown that you'd get killed if you even tried to cross without waiting. But I guess I'd say, most of the times if no ones coming I'll go, but usually I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.