Huttball basics video

I made a video today of some basic huttball tips and tricks. Very basic.

Please note this is the first video I've made in nearly a decade!

I'm just posting it for all to see, comment, criticize, whatever.

I'm going to be making huttball strategy videos soon. I would have made one tonight but none of my guildies were online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odDTV...ature=youtu.be

One random question, and bonus points if you can help me out with this... Anyway I can run Fraps and pick and choose WHICH Programs the audio is recorded from? I noticed later on that half of the videos i Fraps'd had my pandora music playinig in the background.. and that just makes for bad editing. Thanks in advanced!

I'm going to be very blunt and tell you this: Do not bother making guides unless you commentate them.

Make an introduction of you explaining what this video is, who you are, and what you will cover in it. Make a list of all this before starting or editing the video so that you know what you'll be doing. Record multiple matches and show only short clips rather than the entire warzone. With each clip, give your tip or whatever it is you're covering.

As for your Fraps question, I don't believe it's possible to only record a single channel of sound. It records all of it. You can make it so it doesn't record your microphone though, or only records that when you press a button (similar to vent)

Here's an example I guess:

Or another

stick to a format like that

What he said ^^

@Larynx
    Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
    I see I have plenty of work to do before my next video!
    I thought about commentating, but I'm recovering from the flu and I am still stuffed up!

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Larynx on the intro thing. There's nothing I hate more than seeing some guy's face talking about himself and what he plans to talk about instead of getting on with it and actually talking. I mean, it's a video called 'Hutball Basics.' The title is fairly self-explanatory and you can add a description under the video in text if there's going to be something in there that doesn't fall under 'huttball basics'. I read far faster than you can explain and it'd save me the effort of fast-forwarding through the awkward introductions. ("Hi... [awkward pause] My name is Bob... uh.. um.. i play a level 50 Sith Sorcerer on a server nobody cares about. And today, I'm going to talk about Huttball. [awkward pause] Um. And uh. And the different strategies you can use in Huttball.") I mean, you're not giving a powerpoint presentation for grades in school where that's the given format. Most people would probably prefer a fast, to-the-point video without a lot of useless filler.

I'm not too fussed about lack of audio commentary if there is clear, on-screen text. Honestly, with some people's voices, I'd have preferred text. You might consider making yours more easily distinguishable among the visual effects on the screen, like giving it a border at least.

Onto the content itself: I personally went in expecting some sort of explanation of at least the goals of Huttball, what the various animations like the light above the player's head means (e.g. they have the huttball). I would imagine some visual description of the Huttball arena with labels on helpful strategic positions, places to avoid, etc. would be part of the basics of gameplay there. Different abilities to watch out for, such as grapple, charge, knockbacks, etc. The rest of the tips is something you can maybe intersperse in the video while you're showing the more essential parts of Huttball.
    Last edited by Moriarty; 2012-02-04 at 05:13 PM.

@Moriatry
    You bring some excellent points as well. I mainly made this video to test out the windows video editor and to get some feedback on what the average person would want to see. I suppose i mislead with the video title, but water under the bridge.

Thanks for your feedback