Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    AT 50 when geared its alrigth in pvp.
    The sub-50 pvp is usually pretty fun imo. Much better than when they had 50s and lowbies mixed together.
    Yub Yub

15+ Year Old Account
    I love teh game. But when sith operative one shots me i quit game for 2-3 days, and log in after 3 days again and enjoy again
    Small bugs like not giving a credit for completing pvp daily or ILUM DISBALANCE (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) makes me sad but still.
    I HEAR TEH LIGHSABER SOUNDS!
    oh these animations, oh god ty jedi shadows are so epic xD
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    Either way, you will get more out of the game than any other since (remember, this only goes if you enjoy yourself 1-50) you will have more time entertainment than most singleplayer games.

I remember at one point the Devs said that the game was intended to be more casual than some other MMOs.

Honestly though, the game is perfectly fine for casuals. I remember besides the bugs, a lot of the early complaints were from people who played hardcore rush to 50 then complained there was nothing for them to do. Seems based off that a good chunk of the players are more "casual." As for me, I been playing pretty heavy, have 2 50s and a couple more alts I'm working on, but there's only one other 50 in my guild right now as most people don't get that much play time.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    From my experience, the people complaining about the game are either
    - Wow Fanboys who got used to the "easy life"
    - Wow Famboys who aren't really good at any game, so they are used to getting carried in wow
    - People who just are terrible at mmo's and complain about everything being too hard.

If SWTOR is really that bad, why does it have 1.5m+ subs at launch, and still going today?
    It's new, people are more receptive to MMO's nowdays and let's face it, it has Star Wars pasted on it. Of course you'll have a fairly decent playerbase one month into the life cycle.

We can talk when 6 months to a year passes by and see where we stand on how good the game is.
    Hunter POV Streaming PVE/Arena/RBGS/LFR.
    www.twitch.tv/poorplay
    http://www.own3d.tv/Poorplay
    @obvioustrollz

Thanks for the input guys, I just picked up the game and I'm enjoying it so far =)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great for casuals. It plays like a single player game with the depth of questlines. No time commitment is needed aside from doing Nightmares. And end game is pretty fun to me. I enjoy my alts the most because each one feels like KOTOR3

The leveling is so awesome. Best stories, best cutscenes. Cool classes.

About shit tier PvP. I canceled my subscription today and am not playing until they fix that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Please explain, why my statements are "opinionated" "garbage"
    lol love how this guy shut up after like five people destroy his opinionated crap ,perhaps mmo's aren't for you ?
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

I also play very casual, maybe 5 hours a week? Who knows. I don't even have a class above 30. I have two at 25 now (sith warrior/ republic commando). I really enjoy it most times, I found that some classes (or maybe talent trees) are far weaker than others - on my commando i pretty much demolish anything no problems, on my JK guardian it is quite slow and a challenge to kill the slightly hard mobs (ie the x ones). Anyway. It's a fun game most times. It does get a little tedious if you play too much. I would say definitely play one class of each; pretty much once you have done one class all the way through you have seen 80% of the game at least. The class stories are ncie but usually they are just 1/10th of the missions. I Don't pvp but I do the heroic missions when i can, i think its a lot of fun to go through and tear it up with someone (or 3). Anyway, bottom line, for this casual it's quite fun and worth it.

I would say no; it's not worth a subscription fee, to play it casually or otherwise

Personally, I got a full refund (including shipping) from Amazon, for it, before it had been out a month

As for your other questions: Leveling is not fun, after level 5

Endgame isn't as bad as everyone says, it's actually worse than most people are capable of admitting. I've seen multiple people go from fanboy, to jealous of my refund overnight, after witnessing the poor raid content

PvP is not fun, it's poorly balanced, and the maps can't be taken seriously in a Rated environment, due to poor layout

This. Should've quit much earlier, I can't see how you would enjoy playing it casually it might be fun grinding to valor 60 and pwning everyone but other than that no.

It's a great game to play casually. You will always have a storyline to do and fun to be had.

Please explain, why my statements are "opinionated" "garbage"
    Probably because all you stated was poorly backed up opinions.

"Leveling sucks after level 5"

"Pvp is poorly balanced"

"Endgame is beyond awful"

All opinions, and whilst you are not required to supply information to back up opinions, explain to me in which way him calling your post opinionated garbage is any less his opinion than yours is that the game sucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Casual is fine for SW:TOR, if you're not planning to PvP.

Leveling is great, endgame not so much.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Ridiculous. Class balance is fine, the problems with balance have been relatively minor. SWTOR class balance is far superior to class balances in most other games. PVP is exceptionally fun and can be enjoyed at any level, not just when you're on the top of the bracket. The stories are fun and questing is engaging.

That said the bugs are horrible and BW seems to have no idea how to fix things without making everything worse. Endgame is rather dull b/c all endgame in mmo's is boring nowadays, WZ's need some minor adjustments to make them usable for rated matches (aldaraan is ridiculous). Leveling alts is very fun but also very long and dull when not doing class quests. Legacy desperately needs to be implemented.

So there you are. Fanboys will say it's amazing, haters will say it's horrible, the truth is in the middle. I unsubbed, but after getting two alts to 40 I might renew one more month, and then resub again for one month when legacy is back before shelving the game for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToR is worth $15 a month to me.